• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Purgatory

mick cooper

Neil Sullivan
I mentioned before christmas that I was knocked off my motorbike and broke 4 ribs - one was a bit of a mess as it happens.

Recovery was going great - until my daughter came home from playschool with a cold for me

coughing, sneezing and retching (its a snotty one) are the essence of agony

Sleep is now a mystery to me and I am operating on a diet of codeine and cough linctus

I wouldn't wish this on a gooner

(see - I'm losing the plot now.....)

That's put me off getting a bike license

Don't

what happened to me was rank bad luck.

The joys of riding a bike are boundless, you just have to ride it like a paranoid conspiracy theorist - you have to concentrate all of the time, and treat everyone as though they are lying in wait to kill you. Because most of them are.....

The problem with proper bikes (we are limited to 125cc here in Bermuda, but even some of them are quite nippy) is that they are so damn quick, and drivers will look to see if its clear, not realising the speed that the oncoming bike is doing, or that a bike and a car pull off together at a junction, because it doesn't occur to the car driver that the bike can go from 0 to ballistic in such a short distance.

One thing is for sure though - when you get knocked off a bike, you are going to get hurt, if you don't accept that possibility, don't buy one.

Being careful, and driving defensively will keep you safe, but if you pull a bad ticket in the street raffle, then the chances are that you are going to suffer.

I was doing about 35 KPH when I got hit, slowing down coming into a car park, and got hit by a dingdonghead who was showboating and talking to the guy on the back of his bike, he didn't see me til we were both lying on the deck. You can't legislate for clams like that, but sadly, this island is full of young guys on bikes who think they are bulletproof.

being a certified chicken, the only time i was ever on a bike was aged 8. never been on one since. would never get on one willingly. scared brickless of falling off and scrapping copious amounts of skin, blood and bone.

Hope things turn round for you soon mick, i enjoy your no holes barred approach to posting. I have no advice on the pain front im afraid.

Hope things turn round for you soon mick, i enjoy your no holes barred approach to posting. I have no advice on the pain front im afraid.

tonight I'm going for a codeine, cough syrup and alcohol triple

I'm anticipating emerging from the coma in about 2 years time, so if someone could video the open top bus tour of Tottenham, to show off the double celebrations, I'd be grateful

(There's one hole barred to you Chich, you saucy beast!)

Last edited:
tonight I'm going for a codeine, cough syrup and alcohol triple

I'm anticipating emerging from the coma in about 2 years time, so if someone could video the open top bus tour of Tottenham, to show off the double celebrations, I'd be grateful

(There's one hole barred to you Chich, you saucy beast!)

Does not matter if the hole is barred its never stopped me in the past.

I miss the gay bear....

Back