• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Procrastination

SpurMeUp

Jimmy Cantrell
What do you do?

Currently at work doing anything I can to avoid actually working.

Last edited:
I have always done jobs where if i did not work it showed and i got no money. More jobs should be paid on what you do, liking to eat and stuff means I have always worked.

At home I will do nearly anything to not paint or do any of those jobs the b"tch asks me to do.

Hahaha. Guessing she doesn't read the forum.

GG is exceptional for procrastination. Love it. Start a row, watch and talk about sport...ahhh. I am fascinated with Procrastination. Today I procrastinated by looking up procrastination. Apart from my 'the b"tch' - inverted commas in case she reads the forum - I don't have to answer to someone which makes things harder. I've been psyching myself to work using sports psychology today. Will its effect last?

Here's a decent guide for anyone interested www.waitbutwhy.com/2013/10/why-procrastinators-procrastinate.htmlI I have a few simple tips for students etc...

Procrastinating is good for getting boring stuff done. You just have to come up with an even worse task to put off. Like doing the dishes instead of writing a job application.

Im doing it right now! Ive cleaned, tidied up, lunch, checked my emails, now on GG. Been up since 7:30am and hardly done any work. Just not in the mood but need to get some appointments in the diary

I worked in a call center for an insurance company (Hastings Direct if you're interested...) from October till March. Worst 6 months of my life! No chance of getting away without working.

Call after call coming in from disgruntled policy holders wondering why on earth their insurance has doubled, or in some cases tripled, after the first year. And we were judged on stats with call monitoring four times a month so you couldn't tell them the truth, that they were a new customer and we were rather hoping to rip them off with the automatic renewal.

The job I had before that was at a quiet launderette though and you didn't even have to pretend you weren't working. I was paid to read The Mail, The Sun, The Mirror, The Express and The Guardian from front to back five times a week. On the downside it set a 19 year old lad up for thinking work was about sitting on your arse and collecting a pay check for it. On the upside there wasn't a new story from 2012-2014 in the UK that I didn't know about.

My latest attempt of procrastination was downloading and app called The macaron Test. It makes you think you're smart at first, then it makes you hate yourself for being a macaron.

Another thing I'm doing atm is trying to find a deal for the Wilson Staff M3 irons.

On the downside it set a 19 year old lad up for thinking work was about sitting on your arse and collecting a pay check for it.
Well that's just silly.

Everyone knows it's about sitting on your arse, browsing the internet and collecting a pay cheque for it.

I'm pretty terrible even at procastrinating. I tend to go over the same websites/forums over and over in an endless loop. Could go on for hours. Had there at least been some natural variation in which websites I visited! But no, it's the same list over and over, usually.

6a00d83451c17f69e2011168814a10970c.jpg

Cheers guys. I needed some distraction this evening.

The saddest thing happened today at work. A chap with clinical depression took his life. I considered creating a new thread, as a number of footballers suffer from clinical depression, and it is beneficial for the wider population to consider mental health disorders/ depression/even recognise suicidal signs. Our colleague was 31, loved a joke, and no one knew he was in so much pain. Probably for the only time in last few decades that I don't care about Spurs, money, or success. I am humbled.

As I don't suffer from clinical depression myself, I know I will bounce back soon enough. Apparently the internet plays its part in encouraging, as well as supporting, those with suicidal tendencies. For anyone who have metal health disorders, others are here for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: DTA
Back