• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2014

Re: Preseason 2014 Announcement - US Tour

Indeed. American kit maker as well.

I found it strange that none of the large American sports retail stores stocked the Spurs kit. When we were in Florida last August we went to one of the Premier league football stores in one of the large malls and asked if they had a Spurs shirt for my son. The store was huge with walls full of Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, even Emirates Marketing Project......

The sales assistant said that the club don't allow them to stock it????

How do we expect to grow our fanbase/brand over there if the kits not being sold/easily available.

I found it strange that none of the large American sports retail stores stocked the Spurs kit. When we were in Florida last August we went to one of the Premier league football stores in one of the large malls and asked if they had a Spurs shirt for my son. The store was huge with walls full of Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, even Emirates Marketing Project......

The sales assistant said that the club don't allow them to stock it????

How do we expect to grow our fanbase/brand over there if the kits not being sold/easily available.
Daniel Levy=numpty

Raziel, Clevelandspur, would I be right in assuming that Seattle is the safer bet, weather-wise? In terms of avoiding potential extreme temperatures? I'd rather do Chicago but don't want to be there in the middle of a heatwave...!

Raziel, Clevelandspur, would I be right in assuming that Seattle is the safer bet, weather-wise? In terms of avoiding potential extreme temperatures? I'd rather do Chicago but don't want to be there in the middle of a heatwave...!

Yeah Seattle is usually a little cooler but anywhere you go in US in late July/early August will be hot just hoping it is not too bad.

That Baltimore game was horrendous, I was there, must have been 35+ Celsius, neither our players or Pool's could play at anything like full pace.

I'll be doing Chicago and Toronto, hopefully it will be nice and not another heat wave summer (this winter is ****, so not sure how summer will turn out)

Baltimore that day was one of worst conditions ever experienced. It probably didn't help that started drinking heavily at 8 am for the match but there was a couple times during the game had to go to restrooms to just splash cold water on my face because thought i was going to pass out!

For anyone interested Chicago sold out Spurs supporters section in matter of minutes. We bought a block of 30 tickets for Cleveland and Detroit Spurs supporters and were told they were trying to accomodate a few more sections in the upper levels for Tottenham supporters due to the high volume of interest. Should be a great day out!

Yes, Seattle is definitely milder most of the times.

go my Visa to move to California confirmed today - better start thinking of buying a ticket for the Seattle game!

COYS

Bmf1d_vIUAAO1Zp.jpg

We are pleased to announce that our First Team squad will travel to Finland to face Celtic in a pre-season friendly on Saturday August 2, kick-off 1.30pm UK time, 3.30pm local time (subject to change).

The fixture will take place at the Helsinki Olympic Stadium against a Celtic side who recently won their 45th Scottish Premiership title and count the likes of England international Fraser Forster, Scotland captain Scott Brown and PFA Scotland Player of the Year Kris Commons among their number.

We're extremely proud of our historically large following across Scandinavia, where we boast a number of Official Supporters Clubs, and are looking forward to returning to the region once again for this fixture having visited as recently as November last year for our Europa League Group fixture against Norwegian side Tromso, as well as previously enjoying successful pre-season tours in 2000 and 2004.

Tickets will be available to purchase from 7am tomorrow (Friday May 16) by visiting http://www.lippupalvelu.fi/?language=en-us&tm_link=tm_header_lang2

We are pleased to announce that our First Team squad will travel to Finland to face Celtic in a pre-season friendly on Saturday August 2, kick-off 1.30pm UK time, 3.30pm local time (subject to change).

The fixture will take place at the Helsinki Olympic Stadium against a Celtic side who recently won their 45th Scottish Premiership title and count the likes of England international Fraser Forster, Scotland captain Scott Brown and PFA Scotland Player of the Year Kris Commons among their number.

We're extremely proud of our historically large following across Scandinavia, where we boast a number of Official Supporters Clubs, and are looking forward to returning to the region once again for this fixture having visited as recently as November last year for our Europa League Group fixture against Norwegian side Tromso, as well as previously enjoying successful pre-season tours in 2000 and 2004.

Tickets will be available to purchase from 7am tomorrow (Friday May 16) by visiting http://www.lippupalvelu.fi/?language=en-us&tm_link=tm_header_lang2

According to most of the Finns I've met, Finland is not a part of Scandinavia.

According to most of the Finns I've met, Finland is not a part of Scandinavia.

That is correct. Scandinavia is traditionally considered to consist of Norway, Sweden and Denmark.

Finland, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Greenland and Åland are included in the term Nordic Countries.

That is correct. Scandinavia is traditionally considered to consist of Norway, Sweden and Denmark.

Finland, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Greenland and Åland are included in the term Nordic Countries.

Someone needs to let the club know!

Re: Preseason 2014 Announcement - US Tour + Finland

Interesting that we have started arranging more friendlies this week, thought they might have waited for the outcome of the cup final.
Its still possible (alhtough unlikely) we could have that Europa League qualifier on the 31st.

If we do end up in the 3rd qualifier, would be nice if we got the away leg first and drew one of the many Nordic/Scandanavian teams that are in it. One of the Finnish teams would be perfect.

Hopefully then we might hear soon who we have lined up for the annual home friendly on the 9th/10th August. Must be due a German team?

Re: Preseason 2014 Announcement - US Tour + Finland

I'm hoping we put a clause in the bale deal for a friendly with Real.

Geography isn't my worst subject but what is it and where is it situated?

The Åland Islands or Åland is an autonomous, demilitarised, monolingually Swedish-speaking region of Finland that consists of an archipelago lying at the entrance to the Gulf of Bothnia in the Baltic Sea.

Flag_Aland.jpg

763.gif

Back