• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2014

Re: Preseason 2014 Announcement - US Tour

Meh. US tour again. Why not try something else? Japan, China, Australia, Scandinavia, Africa...

We're clearly trying to build our fan base in the States. You don't do that by visiting a couple of times and not going back.

Well, that's my hols sorted. Still trying to juggle the Toronto element, but def going to Seattle and Chicago. (NYC first)

Lucky you. That sounds brilliant.

We're clearly trying to build our fan base in the States. You don't do that by visiting a couple of times and not going back.

Indeed. American kit maker as well.

Wont happen, appearance fees aren't big enough out there. Unfortunately pre season tours are all about chasing the big money now.

Not enough money in places like scandinavia compared to the US and Asia.
Yeah rich countries, but also small. We could pop in for a quick game, but a tour would be a waste comercially.
Our strategy is to visit the US every other year, so just get used to it.

I just looked up tickets for the game and they are ridiculously pricey - cheapest in the $200 range and most expensive in the $500 range. Do any supporters groups have ways of getting discounts? I want to take my 8 year old son to his first Spurs game and can't afford those prices!

I just looked up tickets for the game and they are ridiculously pricey - cheapest in the $200 range and most expensive in the $500 range. Do any supporters groups have ways of getting discounts? I want to take my 8 year old son to his first Spurs game and can't afford those prices!

which game? Not sure where you are looking but I don't think any of the matches have went on general sale yet. Here are the ticket prices in Chicago, still not cheap but well below the prices you were quoted

http://www.chicago-fire.com/spurs

which game? Not sure where you are looking but I don't think any of the matches have went on general sale yet. Here are the ticket prices in Chicago, still not cheap but well below the prices you were quoted

http://www.chicago-fire.com/spurs

Apologies. Seattle. Of course the site that had tickets was StubHub. I have to go because when we came to LA a couple of years ago I was (of course) back in London!!!

Can we get a few more local opinions on what the weather is likely to be in Chicago in late July? I'm toying with the idea of a trip but am worried it'll be oppressively hot...?!

I was in Chicago about 12 years ago in August it was very hot and rained heavily for a couple of days, but evenings were ok.

Haha could be that the club told him that he was going to the USA...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Fapatalk

He has family living here in Toronto. Two of his nieces from here are with JD's relatives in London.

Can we get a few more local opinions on what the weather is likely to be in Chicago in late July? I'm toying with the idea of a trip but am worried it'll be oppressively hot...?!

They have very similar to where I am not being too far. July is usually in the low 80's high 70's. So sitting in the sun it will be a hot one but not unbearable. I went to see us a few years ago in Baltimore and it was ridiculously hot in the 90's but it usually doesn't get that warm this far north. Also it doesn't often rain in late July it could but usually just quick passing storms.

also my apologies not as familiar with Celsius scale

Last edited:

They have very similar to where I am not being too far. July is usually in the low 80's high 70's. So sitting in the sun it will be a hot one but not unbearable. I went to see us a few years ago in Baltimore and it was ridiculously hot in the 90's but it usually doesn't get that warm this far north. Also it doesn't often rain in late July it could but usually just quick passing storms.

also my apologies not as familiar with Celsius scale

That Baltimore game was horrendous, I was there, must have been 35+ Celsius, neither our players or Pool's could play at anything like full pace.

I'll be doing Chicago and Toronto, hopefully it will be nice and not another heat wave summer (this winter is ****, so not sure how summer will turn out)

how will the US commentators cope now that there is no Christian (The Stud) Bale tearing down the left side.........I suppose they will have to get excited by Axel Rose instead

Back