• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Prediction - Who will be the best signing from this summer's transfer window?

Too early to say as there's a good chance it hasn't happened yet. But of the transfers so far, I'd be tempted to say Depay. I'm underwhelmed by LvG at Man Utd, but I suspect bringing in Depay could turn out to be his best decision so far. I hope he's not going to be as successful a player as I think he might; a United slip-up could be our best chance of closing the gap on the Top Four this season.

Aside from Depay? Alderweireld's not a bad shout - a top centre back signed at a relatively low price (in today's market) for a team that showed plenty of defensive frailty last season... bargain!

Liverpool are a mystery to me right now; the whole club has turned into a bad soap opera. We can't exactly talk of course; we had our share of it with the Bale saga; but for three years now it's been non-stop... Suarez, Gerrard, Balotelli, Sterling, Rodgers... BUT, I still think there's a chance Benteke could work out for them. By the end of the season I wouldn't be completely surprised if everyone agrees he was the signing of the year.

Obviously it is hard if not impossible to replace Suarez, but Sterling is very inconsistent in my opinion, just like Benteke actually. Unplayable on their day but need to do it more often is a criticism that could be levelled at both players

Originally I wasn't a Benteke fan. Quite the opposite in fact, and like many on here I just saw him as a big target man . But after we were linked to him (repreatedly) I paid a bit more attention and realised there is far more to his game than I gave him credit for originally. I think we'll be looking back on this transfer in a year or two's time regretting we didn't push the boat out for him when we had the chance. Obviously I hope I am wrong but that only happened once before :D so the odds are against it.
This summer it was already too late. We should have signed him a couple of years ago. That's when we missed the boat. Instead we spent more money on an older and non PL-proven striker... Ugh

Onomah and Edwards

We'll look back in a few years and be glad we tied these down on a long and pro contract respectively

Value wise, Milner on a free is virtually a shoe-in, does possess significant quality and is relentless. I think Benteke is quality but may just struggle, Liverpool do have this thing of late where they are football's purists and will not accept Mignolet doing anything other than passing or rolling the ball short, by the same logic they are adverse to playing long balls or even crossing the ball too much, preferring to keep possession, thus imo forwards with swift movement who are prepared to come wide and drop deep work best, which I don't see Christian doing too well....
Im still pretty happy with TA for 11m will be one of the better pieces of business done this summer.

After watching today's match and a couple of pre-season friendlies, I'd have to go with Darmian. The kid is phenomenal. Completely shut us down on his side and excellent going forward too. Quite a signing by Yoonited.

After watching today's match and a couple of pre-season friendlies, I'd have to go with Darmian. The kid is phenomenal. Completely shut us down on his side and excellent going forward too. Quite a signing by Yoonited.

With you on this, looked quality and also drama free, a big change from the bellend brazlian ninja turtle artist they had before

I liked the look of Payet yesterday. Not seen anything of him before, but I thought there was a touch of the Agüero about him.

Back