• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predict The Run In

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
ChelseaTottenhamArsenalEvertonLiverpool
Wigan (H)Saudi Sportswashing Machine (H)Sunderland (A)Man Utd (A)West Brom (H)
Emirates Marketing Project (A)West Ham (A)Aston Villa (A)Norwich (A)Swansea (H)
West Brom (H)Arsenal (H)Tottenham (A)Reading (H)Wigan (A)
Fulham (A)Liverpool (A)Everton (H)Arsenal (A)Tottenham (H)
West Ham (H)Fulham (H)Swansea (A)Emirates Marketing Project (H)Southampton (A)
Southampton (A)Swansea (A)Reading (H)Stoke (H)Aston Villa (A)
Sunderland (H)Everton (H)West Brom (A)Tottenham (A)West Ham (H)
Tottenham (H)Chelsea (A)Norwich (H)QPR (H)Reading (A)
Liverpool (A)Emirates Marketing Project (H)Fulham (A)Sunderland (A)Chelsea (H)
Swansea (H)Wigan (A)Man Utd (H)Fulham (H)Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)
Man Utd (A)Southampton (H)QPR (A)Liverpool (A)Everton (H)
Aston Villa (A)Stoke (A)Wigan (H)West Ham (H)Fulham (A)
Everton (H)Sunderland (H)Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)Chelsea (A)QPR (H)

I'll weight the teams as follows, expected number of points in brackets (home/away):

Top 2: Man Utd, Emirates Marketing Project (0/0, anything here is a bonus)

CL contenders: Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool (3/0, 12 points in total)

Mid table: Swansea, West Brom, Stoke, Sunderland, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Fulham, Norwich, West Ham (3/1, 32 points in total)

Bottom 5: QPR, Wigan, Southampton, Reading, Aston Villa (3/3, 30 points in total)

If anyone matched this over the course of a season they would get 74 points, leaving some margin for fudgeups. :) It's mostly intended to rate the different run ins and you never now when teams will start to switch off towards the end of the season.

As it stands:

Chelsea 46
Tottenham 45
Everton 42
Arsenal 41
Liverpool 36

Come end of season:

Chelsea 74 (28/39 points won)
Liverpool 71 (35/39 points won)
Tottenham 69 (24/39 points won)
Arsenal 64 (23/39 points won)
Everton 59 (17/39 points won)

Assuming the teams fighting relegation put up a fight and get a draw at home:

Chelsea 70
Tottenham 67
Liverpool 63
Arsenal 60
Everton 57

Using last season's results from the same fixtures:

Chelsea 72
Tottenham 72
Arsenal 58
Liverpool 57
Everton 54

*all this assuming I've counted correctly when adding up

Liverpool have the easiest run in, but I think will slip up in games they should win like there previous two for example.
Everton have the hardest run in and will end up finishing 7th.
Chelsea have a tricky run in but as we have seen under Benitez, anything is possible, they could quite easily finish outside the top 4 or finish clear in 3rd.
Arsenal probably on par with easiest run in with Liverpool, they are our rivals for fourth place. Match at WHL is so important.

I have it as:

Chelsea - 73
Tottenham - 70
Arsenal - 67
Liverpool - 67
Everton - 66

But no way will it end up anything like that. I'd be surprised if either of us or Chelsea get past the 70 mark.

May as well stick my neck out.

None of the teams bar City and United will top 70 points.

Spurs - 68
Arsenal - 65
Chelsea - 63
Everton - 62
Liverpool - 60

I think Chelsea will drop off. their current form suggests so and i can't see any signs that Rafa will be able to regain the dressing room. If they do regain form they still have the most difficult final six games out of the lot.

Think Liverpool will gain the most points in the run in, but that their resurgence will have occurred too late.

THink the key matches will be the NLD and Spurs Everton, in which we'll take all three against l'arse and draw with Everton.

Our first 7 games
4-2-1

Lost to Saudi Sportswashing Machine-many here thought we were unlucky to lose.

Next 5 games
1-0-4

Lost to Chelsea, City, Arsenal and Wigan

Bale pulled out at the last minute against Chelsea. We led 2-1 at one stage.
City only nicked it in the last minute.
We led against Arsenal and then Ade got sent off.
Wigan was a poor performance.

Our last 13 games
8-4-1

Freak loss against Everton. We led in that game also.

We are pretty much unbeatable now in the EPL.
I expect top 4 and it is in our own hands to get top 3.
Chelsea’s current form suggests they may even give us a helping hand to get top 3. If there is any justice in this world Wigan will get 3 points against Chelsea. Last year they were mugged by the ref and linesman in this fixture.

Last edited:
None of the teams bar City and United will top 70 points.

Spurs - 68
Arsenal - 65
Chelsea - 63
Everton - 62
Liverpool - 60

I think Chelsea will drop off. their current form suggests so and i can't see any signs that Rafa will be able to regain the dressing room. If they do regain form they still have the most difficult final six games out of the lot.

Think Liverpool will gain the most points in the run in, but that their resurgence will have occurred too late.

THink the key matches will be the NLD and Spurs Everton, in which we'll take all three against l'arse and draw with Everton.

I fear Liverpool next season. Hope Suarez goes abroad.

:ross: :ross: :ross:

You are laughing at the Liverpool forecast but look at their fixtures. They have Spurs, Chelsea and Everton at home and their other 10 fixures are all against weaker sides. I don't think they will finish above us but they led and eventually drew against Arsenal and City in their last 2 fixtures.

tried the BBC one and heres the result

Chelsea 72
Tottenham 71
Liverpool 64
Arsenal 63
Everton 62

As our league form show, we are pretty hard to beat. I ahve us drawing against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, West Ham, Stoke, Chelsea. Losing at Liverpool.
Pretty bold having us winning against City, Arse and Everton but hey ho, lets go :)

You are laughing at the Liverpool forecast but look at their fixtures. They have Spurs, Chelsea and Everton at home and their other 10 fixures are all against weaker sides. I don't think they will finish above us but they led and eventually drew against Arsenal and City in their last 2 fixtures.

they also very recently lost to Oldham in the FA cup

they will blow hot and cold this season, very unpredictable

It's not meant as an accurate prediction, but to show who's got the toughest run. It's all in the OP.

Liverpool will drop points against us, chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, everton and QPR (last day of the season relegation tussle).
Can't see them getting more than 25.

Liverpool also very recently lost to Oldham in the FA Cup

They will blow hot and cold this season, very unpredictable

Agree, but their run in is not bad. And when they are hot, they are hot. Great result at the Lane against them..they deserved more.

I have it as:

Chelsea 70
Tottenham 69
Everton 67
Arsenal 65
Liverpool 59

Don't think it will end up quite like that but I believe that maybe only one of us or Chelsea will achieve 70+ points. I have given us our total with us drawing with Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea and losing at Home to Emirates Marketing Project. I think if we can manage a win in one of those drawn fixtures and at least a point against City then we could well surpass 70 points.

Its funny, I look at our fixtures and obviously we have big games against direct competitors but Everton (h), Wigan and Stoke (a) look to me like they could be really important in determining where we finish. I think I felt we would get 5 points from those games but again, If we got 6 or 7 then those extra couple of points would really make all the difference.

Haven't got a great record at predictions. This season all teams have their weaknesses and anyone can get a result anywhere, but I'll have a go anyway.

Spurs 74
Chelsea 73
Arsenal 66
Everton 64
Liverpool 60

Man U to win the title and Wigan, QPR and villa to go down.

Back