• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2019

Have got tickets for the Inter game next Sunday, they are not on my phone on the app yet, anybody else going could they check please ??

Rail "services" as reliable as ever no trains to WHL or Seven Sisters stations, must bugger up their maintenance programming every year waiting for the fixtures to be announced before they can ensure they clash with our home games.

L
Rail "services" as reliable as ever no trains to WHL or Seven Sisters stations, must bugger up their maintenance programming every year waiting for the fixtures to be announced before they can ensure they clash with our home games.
Laughable isn't it !!
There are allegedly 8 trains an hour servicing Northumberland Park on Sunday though

At the moment he is a bit of a mix, some things he does are very good while other things are poor.

At the moment he is a bit of a mix, some things he does are very good while other things are poor.

His attacking prowess is impressive. Quick thinking, calm, comfortable on the ball. If he can gain the same conviction in defence, then he will have arrived.

His attacking prowess is impressive. Quick thinking, calm, comfortable on the ball. If he can gain the same conviction in defence, then he will have arrived.

I can't dance with that to be honest, my biggest concern about him is that he switches off at times and get himself in poor positions. Still young though so maybe he will get that out of his game.

I can't dance with that to be honest, my biggest concern about him is that he switches off at times and get himself in poor positions. Still young though so maybe he will get that out of his game.

Right. And that spacial awareness tihng, can you teach it? Aurier is worse. Players like Toby or Jan, even Sherringham at the other end of the pitch - they are constantly alive to where their optimal position is. And it means they don't have to be super fast athletes. I know you don't rate Rose, but his positioning is also alive and aware. It's why I think Foyth will get the nod later this season. He doesn't have KWPs attacking confidence, but he can defend.

But...if the most vital variable in a players development and success is their character, KWP is well positioned to kick on. He has humility and should be able to learn. Comes back to that queston: can you teach awareness?

Right. And that spacial awareness tihng, can you teach it? Aurier is worse. Players like Toby or Jan, even Sherringham at the other end of the pitch - they are constantly alive to where their optimal position is. And it means they don't have to be super fast athletes. I know you don't rate Rose, but his positioning is also alive and aware. It's why I think Foyth will get the nod later this season. He doesn't have KWPs attacking confidence, but he can defend.

But...if the most vital variable in a players development and success is their character, KWP is well positioned to kick on. He has humility and should be able to learn. Comes back to that queston: can you teach awareness?

Yes you can of course, but some players get it quicker/faster then others. In some youngsters they have it to start with while with others it takes time. He has not really played a lot of top class football so it is something he is struggling with ( imo). In time in most good players it will become natural but in others it something they never get really good at.

Yes you can of course, but some players get it quicker/faster then others. In some youngsters they have it to start with while with others it takes time. He has not really played a lot of top class football so it is something he is struggling with ( imo). In time in most good players it will become natural but in others it something they never get really good at.

Have you seen the reaction training in Germany where they have you in middle and you have to receive a ball form a robotic feeder and pass it into one that’s lit up...

There is also a light up wall and a reaction wall for keeper

These are all things to help with awareness

Have you seen the reaction training in Germany where they have you in middle and you have to receive a ball form a robotic feeder and pass it into one that’s lit up...

There is also a light up wall and a reaction wall for keeper

These are all things to help with awareness

They are quite a lot of centres that use that type of thing, first time i saw similar was while i as doing courses at Ajax years ago ( they really were ahead of the game over there).

They are quite a lot of centres that use that type of thing, first time i saw similar was while i as doing courses at Ajax years ago ( they really were ahead of the game over there).

They use it in F1 and in fighter pilot training (well the did 30 years ago)

I’d be stunned if we didn’t have similar stuff

Back