• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2016

Good workout and some decent football played, Eriksen played some lovely first time balls in the first half and CCV did well. I really like the look of Janssen leading the line and he looks a very good signing, strength and good link up play.

Looking forward to see Lamela up his game now he is really settled and Winks looked good in M/F.

Winks>Mason
How long before GB has something to say about that I wonder.

Winks is a very classy player. Incredibly composed on the ball for someone so young and with so few senior games under his belt. He does though look like a deeplying playermaker in the Modric mould, rather than a more advanced CM. He really needs to move up in the pecking order, certainly ahead of Carroll.

Janssen also looks a great addition for the way we play. His hold up play is really top class and has a good touch. Remains to be seen what sort of % of chances he takes but if that is good then he'll be an extremely good signing

Winks = dog's gonad*s. Very impressed. Jansen too looks the real deal. CCV still a bit raw, but promising. Amos confident, solid. Harrison scored! Edwards small.

Add in Alderweireld having playing on the wrong side to accommodate Carter Vickers and its doesnt look good.

I found it strange as CCV has played LCB just as much if not more than he's played RCB over the past 2-3 years. Only reason I could think Poch did that is because CCV would be Toby's deputy so wanted to see him play that side rather than the left where it's almost always going to be one of Jan/Kev.

eh ? he scored 11 last season, only behind Kane mate
That finish was Lamela was so cool. He has that kind of finish in his locker Brian, just needs to whip it out more often. Just passed it firmly into the top corner like taking candy from a baby.

Good game. Inter was absolute brick, but we looked solid. Very impressed by Janssen. We weren't troubled all game though. Good to see alli, Dier and Kane all play a good game. 6-1, can't really ask for more. A bit embarrassing with the lack of spectators, but the few of us that were there at least tried to sing and make it a good atmosphere. Well over 7000 Spurs fans though, not too bad. It just lacked neutrals.

Good game. Inter was absolute brick, but we looked solid. Very impressed by Janssen. We weren't troubled all game though. Good to see alli, Dier and Kane all play a good game. 6-1, can't really ask for more. A bit embarrassing with the lack of spectators, but the few of us that were there at least tried to sing and make it a good atmosphere. Well over 7000 Spurs fans though, not too bad. It just lacked neutrals.

The organisers are taking a massive loss, but it's well deserved for thinking neutrals would pay those insane prices.

I am sure iheard the commentator say that Mason has only scored 4 goals in over 70 games and yet i keep hearing that he is a good finisher from some fans.
The impression I get is that most are saying that's how he was as an academy player. When you stop and think about it that was when he was several steep levels below PL top six territory where players get such a tiny fraction of the time they once enjoyed to execute their finishing.

Some are obviously still hoping he will one-day rediscover his early scoring touch but I fear that particular Mason has long since disappeared over the horizon. No, the Mason we have now is one with a raft of other qualities: drive, belief, passion, even ferocity. It just so happens these are exactly the kind of qualities Poch happens to value highly. That's not to say Ryan cannot also see a pass either, though all too often it's his delivery that lets him down.

It will be interesting to see whether he can continue to retain his role as Poch's go-to man whenever others are injured, especially given the intensified competition for a midfield berth this coming season.

We were a cut above second half. They couldn't live with us as they tried to get back in the game. We had more space to play. Lamela was impressive. As was Kane's finish. Had you forgotten how good he is? Janssen's strength and passing were evident, as well as his eye for goal. Broad and strong, he can shield the ball so well - Dembelesque.

Walker and Rose have matured. Walker looks a real threat and Rose has drive. When teams sit deep - which they will after scouting this game - we will need the fullbacks to unlock the width. Edwards gave a glimpse how he can be used to unlock teams - a feint to leave the defender lost, as he drove into the box. A sub option for Poch especially if he can develop quickly this year. He also got slammed to the floor. He is lightweight - which is his strength, able to accelerate and turn quickly, but also a weakness in 50-50s, he can brushed aside.

Carol and Winks had an easier half to play, or did they make it look easy? Our midfield was lively and fast second half, and looked a little average first. But Inter sat back first half. Hard to isolate whether the players created the space, or looked better with more space that Inter left? Probably a bit of both. Winks and Carol were so quick to more the ball around. Can they do that when teams sit back?

Last edited:
We were a cut above second half. They couldn't live with us as they tried to get back in the game.

Walker and Rose have matured. Walker looks a real threat and Rose has drive.

Carol and Winks had an easier half to play, or did they make it look easy? Our midfield was lively and fast second half, and looked a little average first. But Inter sat back first half. Hard to isolate whether the players created the space, or looked better with more space that Inter left? Probably a bit of both. Winks and Carol were so quick to more the ball around. Can they do that when teams sit back?

Inter completely gave up pressing at some point, a few midfielders gave up and the defence got the hump and started diving in rather than playing properly.

Perisic got in a bit too easily between Walker and 2CV but it was a perfect touch and toe poke. Walker also allowed a few crosses in without challenging. I missed half time and sat down at about 48 mins. The ball pinged out to right back and I was amazed that Walker controlled it so smartly, then I realised it was Trippier!

Rose was still trying to reach balls he doesn't need to and fouling. Great example before half time. Napoleon syndrome.

First half Eriksen Alli Lamela Kane were a cut above. They ooze class. Janssen does the right things, lays it off well, strong, all good. A tank. Looks a bit slow and lumbering compared to others. First touch a bit clumsy but hopefully good enough in the Prem. Can see defenders marking him very tight due to lack of pace and slightly clumsy touch compared to our other incredibly tidy forwards

Back