• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2016

6-1 ...... made them look poor. However, we're not the first to do that.

Confident play from all our chaps, and good proportion of passes finding the recieiver.

Old sweats tuning up nicely, and some great stuff from the youngsters.

Harrisson is the spitting image of Onomah. I was worried for a second that maybe I was a tad racist but google images confirms they are identical

s_harrison.jpg

j_onomah.jpg

Not racist its science https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-race_effect#Cross-race_identification_bias

Can't ask for much more than that

Every player got a decent work out and the team looks in a good place

We played well in the other friendlies but didn't get the results so this is nice to see before we play the fudge packers

Inter must hate us - in effect, the four official games and one friendly they've played against us since 2010 have been markers in their own continuing decline. :p 4-3 win at San Siro, then the 'Taxi for Maicon' game at the Lane, both in the glittering lights of the CL, with Inter the reigning holders when we faced them - then the two Europa League games a few years later, symbolic of their fall from the heights. And now, finally, a friendly with the positions reversed - we're the side in the CL, they're the bog-standard Europa League side seemingly sinking even deeper (although of course they're still eons away from us in terms of trophies won in their history).

Second half's been great, anyway, and in particular I've been very impressed with the way Carter-Vickers has calmly dealt with things at the back and the way Janssen goes bow-legged when holding the ball up, like a cowboy fresh off 36 hours in the saddle. :p Lamela looks fully ready for a real standout year - his first few seasons were lethargic, last season was energetic and impetuous with bursts of brilliance, but judging by this game, he looks both composed and still relentless in the press; the ideal combination.

Hahaha, I was telling my missus that .. Inter must be .. fudge it, no more games against that lot. Inter may not be the side they were, but 6-1 against the #4 Italian side .. still impressive result.

Really good sign off game, little worried we didn't see Wimmer.

Good work from a lot of our key players, Trippier made a case again with some of his deliveries ..

Kind of disappointed that we went that far ahead that soon. Our play became boring and low risk and we ended up with something close to a 451/361 with no forward runs. It became a bit of a boring possession game for the last 20 minutes.

Our attacking quartet in that second half were all hungry, physical goal getters. That is not a slight on Eriksen and Inter visibly tired, but having four players there who want to drive at players and are goal threats in their own right is encouraging, especially when they linked up in such a way. It's difficult to know how often we can or will play like that, with Kane and Janssen being our only two strikers, but we now have the option.

Is Wimmer still suffering from that black eye that kept him out of the Atletico game?

Well that was quite impressive despite Inter being below-par. Gives me a bit more confidence going into next weekend. Have a sneaky feeling CCV could start at Everton. Cannot think of any other reason why him and Alderweireld played the full 90 and Wimmer got no playing time.

Janssen looks like a gem of a signing already

Harrisson is the spitting image of Onomah. I was worried for a second that maybe I was a tad racist but google images confirms they are identical

s_harrison.jpg

j_onomah.jpg

Njie and Onomah were also easy to confuse last season with identical barnets.

I also remember watching half an hour of Pritchard once before realising it wasn't Holtby

Njie and Onomah were also easy to confuse last season with identical barnets.

I also remember watching half an hour of Pritchard once before realising it wasn't Holtby
Pritchard does some part time acting on that posh totty and tw@ts show Made in Chelsea. You should check it out

If Wimmer and Vertonghen are out, I wonder if we'll drop Dier back to centre-half with Wanyama coming in.

I'm concerned. Going forwards we looked fantastic, but at the back we looked a bit clumsy until Inter totally gave up.

2CV looks a good prospect, but a long way from Prem level... and Wimmer didn't get on the pitch... Everton will be very keen for 2CV to play IMO. He is good, but not top Prem level as he is young and a bit green... they could capitalise on that if he plays I think.

I'm concerned. Going forwards we looked fantastic, but at the back we looked a bit clumsy until Inter totally gave up.

2CV looks a good prospect, but a long way from Prem level... and Wimmer didn't get on the pitch... Everton will be very keen for 2CV to play IMO. He is good, but not top Prem level as he is young and a bit green... they could capitalise on that if he plays I think.

Add in Alderweireld having playing on the wrong side to accommodate Carter Vickers and its doesnt look good.

Back