• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Positives from tonights game

Yiddo

Cecil Poynton
Sherwood was never going to change things over night. We dominated most of the game and looked very exciting at times. We should have scored a couple in the first half but did not have enough to put the ball away.

Adebayor looked very good as did Azza, Rose come off ready for the weekend and the Chadli subs was forced. We didn't see the likes of Soldado or Eriksen as i'm hoping they were rested for the weekend.

It will take more than 2 days to get your ideas working on the pitch. Capoue is not a cb and Vlad did not do well in the air tonight but we knew he was not the strongest in the air. We played some good stuff and was not boring at all and our goal was Tottenham of old.

Lets look to the next game and judge after Sherwood and co have had a run of games

COYS!

None!!!

Lost to the shower of ****e at home again with their simple tactics.

Defoe cant hit a barn door and chadli can create a fart!

One of our best players has done his Hammy and we played 4-4-2 and ****e!

Positives:

Sherwood shouldn't have a job much longer.
Hopefully Ferdinand follows him out the door.
Townsend is better on the left.
Lennon is best on the right.
Adebayor getting game time and a goal.
Rose getting more minutes.

Rose getting back to fitness.
Ade didn't look unfit.

That's about it. I'd rather watch a productive performance than this aimless 100mph stuff. Loads of crosses does not equal entertainment.

Rose getting back to fitness.
Ade didn't look unfit.

That's about it. I'd rather watch a productive performance than this aimless 100mph stuff. Loads of crosses does not equal entertainment.

Apparently numerous shots that don't threaten is exciting.

I was more excited by the 2-0 home Norwich win, where we rarely looked like conceding, dominated possession and scored two goals which could have been more. It's a shame we didn't get more of them, but I still contribute that to having Vertonghen at left back, I really think we missed Rose.

I was more excited by the 2-0 home Norwich win, where we rarely looked like conceding, dominated possession and scored two goals which could have been more. It's a shame we didn't get more of them, but I still contribute that to having Vertonghen at left back, I really think we missed Rose.

Although i mostly agree with that you cant have a formation that is based solely on one player being fit.

Are you ever positive? Seems you are desperate to get that Arsenal shirt out of the wardrobe.

Take away the three massive losses, most of the time I felt there was a purpose to our game under AVB: To win. Tonight was about putting on a show, almost as if we were trying to do everything AVB wouldn't, and it was disjointed and aimless. We barely created any real chances and were soft as **** at the back. That second DM doesn't look so bad now.

Definitely not inverted wingers when Azza is playing! (keep him where he is most dangerous FFS!)

Adebayor being back and looking good.

A bit better in terms of passing tempo and intensity than under AVB I thought, although probably helped by this West Ham team being a weakened team from their already poor PL side.

Rose is back.

Oh yeah, positives...

Andros on the left
Rose returnes
Ade showing fight

That really is it for me tbh...

Take away the three massive losses, most of the time I felt there was a purpose to our game under AVB: To win. Tonight was about putting on a show, almost as if we were trying to do everything AVB wouldn't, and it was disjointed and aimless. We barely created any real chances and were soft as **** at the back. That second DM doesn't look so bad now.

I think that was exactly it.

You could see with how we started that the players were told to go out attack with a high tempo and try to get the early goal. Unfortunately it didn't come and after 30 minutes we started to look far less dangerous and as the game went on we were far more unsure of ourselves.

Positives for me, Townsend down the left before he was strangely switch to the other flank, Adebayors performance and the exciting play in the first 30.

I think had soldado been on we would have finished those chances in the box.
Positive is that sunday we will see soldado and ade I think. Defoe I dont think was as bad some say on here but soldado is a class above in terms of finishing

Quite a few for me.

- Rose and Ade back, both doing well
- More threatening shapes in the final 3rd - channels worked, 1-2's around the D, players trying to get in behind, fewer speculative distance shots
- Better tempo and give-and-go around park, especially in first half
- We have now used up all our thunderously, ridiculously bad luck for the season. Next 6 on the bounce we win.

It was a bit gung ho I agree but I imagine what we tried to do was erase those massive defeats by handing out one of our own... the problem is as well as we played in the first half we didnt have that touch of creativity (which im assuming sig was there for) or the finishing (which im sure Defoe was there for).

It is fine margins but thats my view. We just wanted, like you say, put a show on and I think we just wanted to erase the past few games.

excellently put, I completely agree

- If Wham lose a point or three in the PL, due to extra games, and those points send them down, it'll all be worthwhile! Schadenfreude.
- The way we just went for it as soon as we got the ball. Rare to see us passing back, just get it forward quickly before they could get in position. That worked.

+ Finishing was not good.
+ Composure and team shape in the final third, not working yet.
+ Defense and midfield no areal ability to repel the most basic of long balls.

Well we didn't have any extra players available tonight at all. Let alone a defensive midfielder. Who would you have played tonight? Whinge whinge whinge. Tho some good points to be fair. Chin up. We'll be back.

Back