• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: which transfer that didn't happen in Pochettino's reign was the most "one that got away" ?

Which transfer that didn't happen looks the most "sliding doors" now looking back?

• Morgan Schneiderlin

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Anthony Martial

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saido Berahino

• Leroy Sane

• Sadio Mane

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Georginio Wijnaldum

• Jadon Sancho

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Keita Balde

• Frenkie De Jong

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Bruno Fernandes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

glorygloryeze

Ian Walker
Which transfer looks the most 'sliding doors' one that didn't happen looking back now over Pochettino's time with us to date?

Last edited:
De Jong anchoring Ndombele and Lo Celso would be a pretty sweet engine room for our new era, though getting Mane at that point in time could have helped us over the line that season and the bonus of keeping Liverpool back a bit

Mane for me.

Not only was he already proven in EPL but he did so under Pochettino, so would’ve slotted straight into our setup and probably provided that extra cutting edge we needed; back when our defence and midfield were rock solid.

Instead he’s now become the Dippers most consistent attacker :(

Mane for me.

Not only was he already proven in EPL but he did so under Pochettino, so would’ve slotted straight into our setup and probably provided that extra cutting edge we needed; back when our defence and midfield were rock solid.

Instead he’s now become the Dippers most consistent attacker :(

u-wot-mate-i2n6at.jpg

Was fuming when we missed out on Dybala, sums up why I hate transfer deadline bull tbh. But without a shadow of a doubt it'd be Manè fir mw, easy with hindsight but even then it was evident we'd made a mistake there.

Sancho for me as he was genuinely gettable as we held all the aces due to the Kyle Walker deal

Mane for example was one where we couldn’t afford his wages which were actually a crazy demand at the time from him, but something Pool we’re happy to pay

Sancho for me as he was genuinely gettable as we held all the aces due to the Kyle Walker deal

Mane for example was one where we couldn’t afford his wages which were actually a crazy demand at the time from him, but something Pool we’re happy to pay

Interesting re his wages. Didn't he only in the last 18 months sign a deal to put him on £100k, which made me think what wages did he demand from us at that time..?

Opened up this thread expecting to see Hazard, Willian, and Zidane listed. I guess the list are signings that might have been possible with Pochettino. From the list, the answer should be either Mane for the present moment and last couple of seasons, or Sancho for the future.

Back