• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: Which of the strikers we've been linked with recently would you like us to sign this window?

Which of the following striker we've been commonly linked with would you like us to sign this window

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

glorygloryeze

Ian Walker
Simple Poll; Vote NOW

- Michy BATSHUAYI
- Saido BERAHINO
- Jonathan CALLERI
- Moussa DEMBELE (MK II)
- Breel EMBOLO
- Sabestien HALLER
- Vincent JANSSEN
- Alexandre LACAZETTE
- Shane LONG
- Sandro RAMIREZ

I'm voting for Embolo as I think he can play both as a partner to and instead of Kane. I'm not sure I can say the same about too many of the others.

Saido berahino. He can play as an out and out striker, or as a wide forward if necessary. He knows the Premier league so that represents a lesser risk than Embolo or Batshuayi. He should be available for less than last Summer, and he wants to come to us if reports are to be believed. Also he will be well rested for the new season not having played in the Euros. He is young and hard working which fits the profile of a Poch player. Finally I believe he is the one we will get.

Last edited:
Moussa Dembele for me

Low profile, high potential, Kane-lite in style, already settled in English football and London

If we could get one of the young trio of Batshuayi, Embolo, or Lacazette, it would be brilliant. I simply haven't watched the three of them enough to choose between them, but whoever Poch would like most works for me. I've read a fair amount about all three, and all seem to fit the bill of versatile, explosive strikers. Lacazette and Embolo have done well off the flanks, so I'd lean toward those two, but I've seen the most of MB, and I've been so impressed every time I've seen him.

I'd also wonder if for some games we could play a diamond, a little like England have done in some of the warm-up games. Poch has rarely rotated his formation, but this could be an interesting little wrinkle in certain games. Also, we could also play three at the back with Dier as well, a la the Watford game.

----------Lloris---------
Walker-Ald--Jan--Rose
------------Dier----------
Moussa-------Eriksen---
----------Alli------------
----Kane---Batshuayi

Will be underwhelmed with Long and I remain unconvinced by Berahino. The others I have to say I don't know enough about them to pick one, but several seems like decent targets based on what's been written about them and the mandatory youtube videos.

I'd also wonder if for some games we could play a diamond, a little like England have done in some of the warm-up games. Poch has rarely rotated his formation, but this could be an interesting little wrinkle in certain games. Also, we could also play three at the back with Dier as well, a la the Watford game.

----------Lloris---------
Walker-Ald--Jan--Rose
------------Dier----------
Moussa-------Eriksen---
----------Alli------------
----Kane---Batshuayi

I think the pressing from our WFs is too crucial to our system to sacrifice them.

Would like Dembele and one other but haven't seen enough of them to form an opinion.
Can anyone explain why we didn't secure his services in Jan - even if it meant loaning him back to Fulham. The result would have been the same as what actually happened, no?

I've gone for Lacazette but I would be lying if I said it was an informed vote. Haven't heard of most of the others except when we've been linked to them and I wouldn't recognise them if they were stood right next to me shouting their names out loud.

I think Lacazette would be a fantastic player for a PL club. If we've given Son games up front than there is zero reason not to have Lacazette do the same. He is much more aggressive in in his attacking play and scores a lot more goals.

To be honest I'm surprised he's being linked to us, and especially to West Ham. Would've thought other teams would be in for him. He might be just outside our price range but would love to see us at least attempt to get him in.

Would like Dembele and one other but haven't seen enough of them to form an opinion.
Can anyone explain why we didn't secure his services in Jan - even if it meant loaning him back to Fulham. The result would have been the same as what actually happened, no?
I think the club wanted him to provide immediate cover for Kane as well as be a striking option for the future. He was a cheapish option worth gambling on seeing as he could come in straight away. Once Fulham were not prepared to release him in January the club probably felt there was no rush to do the deal as perhaps players we perceive to have more quality might be available come the Summer. Fulham may also settle for less money seeing as an overseas club can now sign him for just a few hundred thousand pounds of compensation. With that in mind Fulham may now accept reasonably low bid of say 2 or 3 million from us or risk losing out on most of that if he goes to a European club.

For what it's worth I chose Haller. He has something about him that leads me to believe he will continue to improve and, as such, I think he has a huge upside. I think he is also already at a level where he can provide useful back up for Kane.

Back