• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: Which of the following was your best win Best win under Martin Jol?

Vote for your favourite win under Martin Jol

• Home PL vs Chelsea 2-1, Nov 2006 (first league win over them in 16 years)

Votes: 33 67.3%
  • Home PL vs Everton, 5-2, New Years Day 2005 (the Dean Marney spectacular)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Home PL vs Portsmouth, 3-1 Feb 2005 (Mido debut)

• Home PL vs Aston Villa, 5-1, April 2005

• Away PL vs Charlton, 3-2, Oct 2005

• Away EL vs Besiktas, Oct 2006 (silky Berbatov goal)

• Home PL vs Wigan, 3-1, Nov 2006

• Away FA Cup vs Fulham 4-0, Feb 2007

• Home PL vs Bolton, 4-1, Feb 2007

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Away PL vs West Ham, 4-3, March 2007 (The Martin Tyler "Oh no" last minute spectacular)

Votes: 15 30.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chelsea '06 unequivocally. 3-4 at UP was fantastic and very enjoyable but I've never liked Chelsea and the run against us was becoming a problem for me and it was an issue both on and off the pitch. That win started a restoration of pride against them over the 12 years since I would imagine that over the near 30 odd games across all competitions, the head to head score is probably quite close

Chelsea 2-1. So many contributory factors. The streak, the fact they were the best team in England at the time and wasn’t this the game that scumbag who embodies everything there is to despise about The Rentboys got sent off? Beautiful. Keane’s cross and Lennons finish. Beautiful.

I have such great memories of BMJ’s reign. We got a level of consistency against the poorer teams we hadn’t had since the 80s. It was exciting and the club owe him much better than the shoddy way he was bundled out the door. Levy has done so much right for Spurs but that is arguably the biggest blot on his copybook.

Love the big Dutchman. Just wish he’d actually decked Wenger at Highbury that time.

Opted for West Ham away for the wonderful feeling of schadenfreude. Can understand the chelsea game but I don't think I have ever enjoyed a win as much as that game.

The Spammers had revelled in costing us a Champions League place the season before, how desperate that loss had felt; they went 2-0 up including a goal from Mr West Ham; we pulled them back to 2-2 before they took the lead again and thought they had won it; Taarbat jinking run (the only thing of note he ever did for us) ; Berbas unlikely equaliser and finally the "Oh no.." as stalteri strokes it into the net.

Watching Curbishley throw his notes into the air, Anton Ferdinand dropping to his knees and Mr West Ham crying. I thought we had relegated them.

Don't think I have ever laughed so much after a football match. Got to be that game for me.

I voted for the Chelsea game but that west ham game is iconic for a few reasons, great game, last minute winner, Tevez, Berba goal, but most of all it showed the irrefutable bias that SKY had at the time. Has a goal in the history of televised domestic football ever been greeted with an audible “oh no” from the impartial commentary team before?

Might sound small time, but the 3-2 win at Charlton in 2005 was one of my best ever away days following Spurs.

Is that the one we went 2 nil down in,to goals from Bent?

We had some good games with Charlton when they were in the Prem around that time iirc

We had some good games with Charlton when they were in the Prem around that time iirc

We definitely went two-nil down, and Bent was playing because I recall the needle between our fans & him that day!

I think Keane scored the winner, a great goal also involving Defoe after a length of the pitch counter attack.

Solid game. I remember Bent raising up two fingers and then we scoring three. I think it went downhill for them from there. Was it Hreimar Hreidarson (spelling?) that had played for a lot of relegated clubs at CB for Charlton that day?

Back