• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

The British car industry crumbled because we were not very good at making cheap and reliable cars at scale, as soon as a better product became available people bought it.

We also never looked to the future and embraced the EV market which puts us back now years.

In its simplest terms if Brexit was a good thing we'd be discussing good news, new opportunities and positive things happening to the UK. That it is the opposite, with UK job losses, the pound 20% down and political turmoil, is the reality of Brexit sadly. It's not going to suddenly turn around either. I can not see anything on the horizon which says - yes this Brexit is exciting, offers something of value...otherwise we'd have heard about it.

So a Japanese car manufacture pulling out at the time of leaving the EU is completely due to Brexit, but the entire British car industry crumbling a short time after joining the ECC is just a co-incidence?

Poor designs, lack expertise in modern manufacturing and a total lack of investment.
The models were dreadful and needed billions to sort it. Had FA to do with EEC. We just where clueless compared to the Germans. Even the French government realised this.

In its simplest terms if Brexit was a good thing we'd be discussing good news,

Stone me we are still negotiating our exit from the EU, what do you expect? Once out we can concentrate on setting our own agenda and working on the strengths of the country.

I'm personally looking forward to a blue passport...

Back