• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Seems bigger than that to me. If you watch the CH4 video linked earlier, you see the CA people talking about how they wrote the manifesto for the Kenyan President, wrote his campaign speeches. They talk about plenty of dirty tricks, in conjunction with the big data stuff. This turns out to be a company, one of a group who are connected to the British establishment through school ties, government donations, ex spies, Lords etc.

It's like the private arm of the British establishment meddling in elections around the world. Facebook copping the flak seems like a sideshow imo.

I hope that the journalists who broke this story keep digging.

I wasn't specifically replying to your post, just commenting in general.
Seeing who your post was from I didn't bother to read it.
Sites like that and wings over Scotland are not worth wasting my time on.

A bit rich from a party whose last leader is taking Putins coin for appearing on his propaganda channel.
The same Putin being widely accused of swaying elections across the globe by much more dubious means.

I think there is a strong link between Putin and CA... and the Brexit vote

For some perspective:

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/...of-facebook-is-straight-from-obamas-playbook/

All political parties lie in all campaigns - anyone surprised by that is a fool. Political parties in this country have based their entire election strategies around flimflam since the mid 1990s.

Political parties also now use social media to spread their message - that's here to stay too.

As for the other stuff, I'm not sure how much to believe. Apparently Boris Johnson went to meet Nix and was fairly open around parliament about thinking he was a snake oil salesman. It wouldn't be the first time we've seen a secret recording of someone selling their abilities to make things happen that turned out to be full of brick.

For some perspective:

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/...of-facebook-is-straight-from-obamas-playbook/

All political parties lie in all campaigns - anyone surprised by that is a fool. Political parties in this country have based their entire election strategies around flimflam since the mid 1990s.

Political parties also now use social media to spread their message - that's here to stay too.

As for the other stuff, I'm not sure how much to believe. Apparently Boris Johnson went to meet Nix and was fairly open around parliament about thinking he was a snake oil salesman. It wouldn't be the first time we've seen a secret recording of someone selling their abilities to make things happen that turned out to be full of brick.

I think there is a difference, it’s one thing hitting keywords and targeting demographics to get out aspirations and good intentions but another to manipulate specific people with known lies. The intention and the motivation is important.

Reactions: DTA
I think there is a difference, it’s one thing hitting keywords and targeting demographics to get out aspirations and good intentions but another to manipulate specific people with known lies. The intention and the motivation is important.
The Obama campaign did precisely that. It openly asked for people to give them access to their friends lists and intentionally targeted them with lies. That's just politics now and they were ahead of the curve.

But again - it's what the Mail, Express, Guardian and Sun do every single day. Propaganda is as old as politics

There is space between spin and outright untruth.

There are almost no truths in politics. It's a social science, so is about predictions. Economics is worse than politics, it's success rate is probably worse than flipping a coin.

Politics is really just about marketing and it always has been. It's about channelling the public mode for fear or hope (usually both but with different groups), depending on what the broader context is

Any data to back that up?
Not sure how I'd retrieve data from that far back on Facebook but I'm unfortunate enough to have "friends" who like to virtue signal and therefore saw all of the Obama campaign promises marketed at me via Facebook.

As with all political parties, they knew they weren't going to keep even half of those promises.

Tory govt policy perfectly displayed - the civil service are required across most depts to tender based on delivery cost (not product quality or future costs associated with an average product) and almost always the "minimal viable product" (I appreciate the irony of the acronym!).

If anyone voted Tory, they are getting as expected.
If anyone voted Brexit they knew it would be a Tory delivery. So this is all as expected.

Tory govt policy perfectly displayed - the civil service are required across most depts to tender based on delivery cost (not product quality or future costs associated with an average product) and almost always the "minimal viable product" (I appreciate the irony of the acronym!).

If anyone voted Tory, they are getting as expected.
If anyone voted Brexit they knew it would be a Tory delivery. So this is all as expected.

No - it's EU tendering rules, under their competition laws.

All the public sector and other industries which receive public funds have to endure this ridiculous system

I'm not saying the Tories don't love a good PFI either though

Not sure how I'd retrieve data from that far back on Facebook but I'm unfortunate enough to have "friends" who like to virtue signal and therefore saw all of the Obama campaign promises marketed at me via Facebook.

As with all political parties, they knew they weren't going to keep even half of those promises.

Where I draw the line, Obama saying “vote for me I intend to make things better by A, B & C” is fine, a Russian data centre spamming people with “don’t vote for Hilary she rapes and eats babies in the basement of a pizza parlour” isn’t.

Reactions: DTA
Where I draw the line, Obama saying “vote for me I intend to make things better by A, B & C” is fine, a Russian data centre spamming people with “don’t vote for Hilary she rapes and eats babies in the basement of a pizza parlour” isn’t.

Jeremy Corbyn is a Russian spy/ally of the IRA. Teresa May is an android. In national newspapers. They are just age-old plays on hopes and fears

Back