• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Not sure what your point is or to whom you're making it.

I've yet to see anyone in this forum suggest that May is even competent as a leader - I'm fairly sure she has no fans around here.

It really does say something about a person when "A better option than Corbyn" is the best compliment one can summon for them.

Hopefully after Brexit is sorted there will be some sort of disgrace or coup and someone from the liberal wing will take over for the rest of the parliament.

Sadly this is a repeat of 1983, with a Thatcher and a Foot

Hopefully after Brexit is sorted there will be some sort of disgrace or coup and someone from the liberal wing will take over for the rest of the parliament.

Sadly this is a repeat of 1983, with a Thatcher and a Foot
Except Thatcher was a really, really good PM. Based on her policies and interviews so far, May isn't/won't be.

Except Thatcher was a really, really good PM. Based on her policies and interviews so far, May isn't/won't be.

True. Thatcher was evil but competent. May's record in the home office was poor.

I trust Davis to deliver Brexit though, so want to see that protected.

True. Thatcher was evil but competent. May's record in the home office was poor.

I trust Davis to deliver Brexit though, so want to see that protected.

If May is PM, then Davis will have to do as he's told because she appears to have an autocratic style. It doesn't seem to matter to her what her cabinet think (immigration targets, social care policy). It would not surprise me if Davis ended up resigning from his position due to clashing with May in the future, he seems quite a principled character.

If May is PM, then Davis will have to do as he's told because she appears to have an autocratic style. It doesn't seem to matter to her what her cabinet think (immigration targets, social care policy). It would not surprise me if Davis ended up resigning from his position due to clashing with May in the future, he seems quite a principled character.

I'm not sure you spend 25 years pursuing a goal, to give up in the final straight over a personality clash.

May is stubborn, but she's not very smart. I think she's one of those people you can play by doing what you want while convincing her it was her idea.

I'm not sure you spend 25 years pursuing a goal, to give up in the final straight over a personality clash.

May is stubborn, but she's not very smart. I think she's one of those people you can play by doing what you want while convincing her it was her idea.
I agree with that.

Not that I want to get sucked in by polls again (see last few elections) BUT, the latest YouGov poll, in light of events in Manchester, is not what I expected...

I thought the behaviour of UKIP supporters at the press conference today was appalling and that is from someone who will always remain grateful for them getting us the referendum. Think it is time for them to slip off into retirement.

Not that I want to get sucked in by polls again (see last few elections) BUT, the latest YouGov poll, in light of events in Manchester, is not what I expected...

The trend in the polls has definitely been towards Labour since the manifestos were launched but we will need to see a few more post Manchester ones to know whether this is an outlier or not.

Two things worth remembering, the who makes a better PM poll is normally a better barometer for voting intentions in UK general elections and Labour would need to be about 12% ahead to win a parliamentary majority of 1 because their vote is badly spread.

The trend in the polls has definitely been towards Labour since the manifestos were launched but we will need to see a few more post Manchester ones to know whether this is an outlier or not.

Two things worth remembering, the who makes a better PM poll is normally a better barometer for voting intentions in UK general elections and Labour would need to be about 12% ahead to win a parliamentary majority of 1 because their vote is badly spread.

Labour aren't going to win a majority, but a hung parliament seems to be more of a possibility now than when May first called this election -- 2 weeks to go, the trend is good from a Labour perspective.

Labour aren't going to win a majority, but a hung parliament seems to be more of a possibility now than when May first called this election -- 2 weeks to go, the trend is good from a Labour perspective.

Labour are certainly doing better than I expected but I always had low expectations of a May campaign too, she's useless.

If Labour maintain this position over a number of polls into next week, we are in interesting territory. The Tories will start fighting really dirty now, can they get anything to stick?

Finally, how damaged is May by this campaign? A majority over 70 and she is fine. Less than 30 then her reputation will be severely damaged, her authority within the Tory party diminished and you'd have to wonder how long she'd last.

Labour are certainly doing better than I expected but I always had low expectations of a May campaign too, she's useless.

If Labour maintain this position over a number of polls into next week, we are in interesting territory. The Tories will start fighting really dirty now, can they get anything to stick?

Finally, how damaged is May by this campaign? A majority over 70 and she is fine. Less than 30 then her reputation will be severely damaged, her authority within the Tory party diminished and you'd have to wonder how long she'd last.
If she doesn't significantly increase her majority (enough to not have to pander to the swivel-eyed sections of the party) then it's a massive failure and she'd have to consider her position.

I believe (have to guess with no comparable interim polls) that those figures are after a bounce for May.

Goes to show just how terrible her campaign/manifesto has been.

Time to pull out their johnson?

I think that they will try and use Johnson or Fallon to smear Corbyn over the weekend. The dead cat strategy that they used successfully in the last election. They have tried it a couple of times already though and it doesn't seem to have got much traction.

I was thinking more charm offensive. I don't like him myself, but he's supposedly as popular as a politician can be. London alone is potential 4.5m votes

I was thinking more charm offensive. I don't like him myself, but he's supposedly as popular as a politician can be. London alone is potential 4.5m votes

That would undermine her authority and mandate massively. She called an unnecessary election on the bogus grounds of needing a personal mandate and tried to run a presidential campaign where she faced no scrutiny. If she scraps that campaign it is an admission that she cannot secure that mandate. Would you want to be a Prime Minister who owed Boris Johnson favours?

Back