• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

I agree with you to an extent, I think we should move away from the 'presidentialism' of politics. It should be about policy, what a potential government wants to do and how they are going to do it.

I do, however, think TV debates could be effective in getting the policy differences out there to the general public. I wouldn't write them off entirely, but perhaps do them in a different way.

The extended 1:1s with Paxman/Marr/Peston/whoever are much more civilised and insightful.

People complain about the yah-boo nature of politics, then force them into a playground arena. Debate is far healthier.

You know he even tried that sandwich stunt against the leader of the Australian Labor Party, Bill Shorten in the last election. That's why he's a cnut, He would prostitute his own grandmother, if he thought there would be an extra Tory vote in it. What an ugly individual, completely devoid of any class.

Another U-Turn from May then, this time social care. Still "strong and stable." When will they get called out on this bullsh1t?
Really does say something about Labour's current situation when someone as brick as May is still be far the best option for PM.

Really does say something about Labour's current situation when someone as brick as May is still be far the best option for PM.

Each day that goes by, there are less reasons to vote Tory and for Theresa May. Hence this latest panic, after your favourite pollster (YouGov) showed the Tory lead at 9 points, when it was over 20 points a couple of weeks ago.

May wants to be portrayed as a strong leader, but she is weak and led by opinion polls. That's why there were U-Turns in the budget, a U-Turn on even having a general election (7 times she said there won't be one) and now a U-Turn on a big manifesto policy 4 days after announcing it. The incompetence of her campaign reminds me so much of Clinton, let's hope the result is the same -- whereby the guy everyone thought would lose actually won.

The important thing is that the country elects Strong and Stable Mrs. May to lead our Brexit negotiations -- because when she says something, she means it! Except when she doesn't, and in that case will capitulate and offer something else.

The important thing is that the country elects Strong and Stable Mrs. May to lead our Brexit negotiations -- because when she says something, she means it! Except when she doesn't, and in that case will capitulate and offer something else.

Hopeless!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Each day that goes by, there are less reasons to vote Tory and for Theresa May. Hence this latest panic, after your favourite pollster (YouGov) showed the Tory lead at 9 points, when it was over 20 points a couple of weeks ago.

May wants to be portrayed as a strong leader, but she is weak and led by opinion polls. That's why there were U-Turns in the budget, a U-Turn on even having a general election (7 times she said there won't be one) and now a U-Turn on a big manifesto policy 4 days after announcing it. The incompetence of her campaign reminds me so much of Clinton, let's hope the result is the same -- whereby the guy everyone thought would lose actually won.
That drop is entirely down to her putting out a manifesto that just isn't a Conservative manifesto. Pretty much everything about it is terrible.

That said, everything about it is significantly better than Labour are offering so I don't think it will do Labour any good.

I think they are deliberately putting unpopular things in their manifesto (removing the pensions lock, HSC reform) because they know this is the time they can get away with it and get them done, rather than a time they have to be more populist to ensure winning.

I really hope many millions of people are watching (or will watch on repeat) May's interview on BBC 1 with Andrew Neil.

https://www.indy100.com/article/ele...source=indy&utm_medium=top5&utm_campaign=i100

"There were Loyalist bombs as well. I condemn all the bombing by both the Loyalists and the IRA"

This is all the Tories have -- attack a man for being a terrorist at the same time as attacking him for being a pacifist. Work that one out.

Who is voting on this issue? May is showing herself to be a weak leader who cannot handle criticism and is almost continually U-Turning, from the budget to calling the election itself to social care policy. Tory policy has been vague or voter repellent. The Manifesto an uncosted mess that the left could never be allowed to get away with.

All the Tories have is May and all May has is the illusion of being a strong leader, a safe pair of hands. But let her talk too much, and the illusion falls apart. Poor policies, poor campaigning and a propensity for backing down at the first sign of any opposition. People who want to vote her in just to have a tough negotiator for Brexit are going to be very disappointed. She has shown herself to be easily rattled.

Corbyn and the Labour Party are far from perfect. But at least their policies are aimed at trying to help people and make wider society a better place. At least they are trying to cost them, so have some semblance of a plan. They are making policy to try and make people's lives better, as the slogan goes "the many, not the few." Health, education, housing and putting the tax burden on higher earners and corporations. Will it be perfect? Of course not. But it is at least a genuine attempt to make things better for the majority of people. And I'm voting for that.

If May is showing herself to be weak and showing that her being able to be a tough negotiator is just an illusion, then what is the point of sending your vote her way? Because, policy wise, they aren't even pretending to try and help people or govern properly.

That drop is entirely down to her putting out a manifesto that just isn't a Conservative manifesto. Pretty much everything about it is terrible.

That said, everything about it is significantly better than Labour are offering so I don't think it will do Labour any good.
Boy, what a captivating choice we have.

Back