• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

I always wondered how Farage had any credibility. I mean he was anti EEC and the European political control of British affairs, so what does he do? He gets a nice soft job as an MEP. The Brexit vote is won and he continues sucking from the European teat, all the while disparaging it. None of this seems to bother the half wits who support UKIP, so I guess the above will have little effect.

I always wondered how Farage had any credibility. I mean he was anti EEC and the European political control of British affairs, so what does he do? He gets a nice soft job as an MEP. The Brexit vote is won and he continues sucking from the European teat, all the while disparaging it. None of this seems to bother the half wits who support UKIP, so I guess the above will have little effect.

I guess it's no different to Sinn Fein MPs still taking home up-to £0.5m a year each in expenses (for London flats etc.). I.e. there's no moral problem with actively (legally) taking from your sworn enemy

The issue with a lot of the predictions by the many experts in economics is that they have no real and relevant data to base any predictions and analysis on. This has never happened before so what will happen if we hard/soft Brexit is down to the experts well informed guesses.

Personally I haven't seen much saying things will be better and I cannot see how in the short term we will be. But you never know.

What I do know is that we were doing great while we were in. And nothing yet shows me any data of how it will be better afterwards

The issue with a lot of the predictions by the many experts in economics is that they have no real and relevant data to base any predictions and analysis on. This has never happened before so what will happen if we hard/soft Brexit is down to the experts well informed guesses.

Personally I haven't seen much saying things will be better and I cannot see how in the short term we will be. But you never know.

What I do know is that we were doing great while we were in. And nothing yet shows me any data of how it will be better afterwards

You may have been but the reason the majority voted for out because they were not doing so well. Or are you just another one as danish says who thinks those ( majority) who voted out were misled, racists, fooled, led up the garden path etc, etc.

You may have been but the reason the majority voted for out because they were not doing so well. Or are you just another one as danish says who thinks those ( majority) who voted out were misled, racists, fooled, led up the garden path etc, etc.

The latter part is a question or an accusation?

Anyway. I can't see how those people who weren't doing well are going to do better once we leave, especially if we Hard Brexit.

Also I haven't seen any real data explaining how being in the EU made people poorer. Austerity by the Tories has hurt many working class folk more in my opinion and there is data to back that opinion.

Anyway. I can't see how those people who weren't doing well are going to do better once we leave, especially if we Hard Brexit.

Also I haven't seen any real data explaining how being in the EU made people poorer. Austerity by the Tories has hurt many working class folk more in my opinion and there is data to back that opinion.

Neither its a statement, so if you think we were better off why do you think the majority voted to leave?

Neither its a statement, so if you think we were better off why do you think the majority voted to leave?

The campaign on the £350 million for NHS. The idea that we would be better off. A false narrative based on patriotism which doesn't necessarily reflect what I see as British Values of inclusiveness and tolerance.

A whole load of lies which have been shied away from now.

Also us remainers don't think all leavers are racist but it seems, in my experience, many racists are leavers. So maybe that is what has you confused about me.

The campaign on the £350 million for NHS. The idea that we would be better off. A false narrative based on patriotism which doesn't necessarily reflect what I see as British Values of inclusiveness and tolerance.

Also us remainers don't think all leavers are racist but it seems, in my experience, many racists are leavers. So maybe that is what has you confused about me.

Lets clear one thing up to start with i never accused you of being a racist so you obviously you are over reacting IF you think i did. But at least you answered my question (thinks those ( majority) who voted out were misled, racists, fooled, led up the garden path etc, etc.) You do think those who voted out were were mislead ( by a false narrative) and led up the garden path.

Well there was a lot of misinformation spread around by both sides of the fence and you still have not answered the question apart from saying or implying that the majority did not understand what they were voting for. Sorry mate but that ( if true) is a bit sanctimonious. Of course if i am wrong to think that is what you are trying to say i will take it back.

All economic predictions are poor conjucture. There can't be data on the future and the modelling isn't very good. Economics is just a social science, the same as sociology or journalism.

Brexit the act is neutral. It's the choices that newly soverign Britain makes that will determine economic success or other.

The EU is stagnant economically and is structurally flawed by its rigidity.

Brexit
i) lets Britain jump off, become agile and dynamic again, and get into the fast lane with the Asian/BRIC economies
ii) means we can stop companies importing unskilled workers to undercut the working class

All economic predictions are poor conjucture. There can't be data on the future and the modelling isn't very good. Economics is just a social science, the same as sociology or journalism.

Brexit the act is neutral. It's the choices that newly soverign Britain makes that will determine economic success or other.

proper journalism is something quite different

I don't think I've met anyone who actually took that on face value. The whole point was to highlight that £350m is our net weekly contribution to the EU, and by not having to pay that, that money will be free to spend on other things like the NHS. Although hopefully it will be spent on things like infrustructure and skills instead, rather than tinkled up the wall of an unreformed NHS.

Its all a little irrelevant, the milk is spilt.
What silly sod knocked the bottle over?
Who cares!

I'd be interested to see if anyone (Lib Dems, Green, SNP) goes into the 2020 general election on the ticket of rejoining. Knowing that will mean the Euro, Schengen borders and no Thatcher rebate

Its all a little irrelevant, the milk is spilt.
What silly sod knocked the bottle over?
Who cares!

You' are right that what's done is done. Whether one believes the decision is right or wrong, we now need to plough on and get the best possible outcome.
But as to 'who cares'? I would hope everyone does. Apathy should not figure in a topic of this importance.

I don't think I've met anyone who actually took that on face value. The whole point was to highlight that £350m is our net weekly contribution to the EU, and by not having to pay that, that money will be free to spend on other things like the NHS. Although hopefully it will be spent on things like infrustructure and skills instead, rather than tinkled up the wall of an unreformed NHS.

I have, they are out there.

I'd be interested to see if anyone (Lib Dems, Green, SNP) goes into the 2020 general election on the ticket of rejoining. Knowing that will mean the Euro, Schengen borders and no Thatcher rebate

You never get the same level of relationship second time around, any deal then would be worse than one we could have achieved from within, the trust has been broken.

There were many, many people who took it at face value. I argued the point with some of them (and I was fairly borderline in terms of in v out). If it wasn't intended to be taken at face value then it wouldn't have been promoted in the way it was.

I would agree at least i never met anyone who took it at face value, however sorry to say that there are a lot of folks around who tend to believe everything they read and take it as a given. I think that whole (The campaign on the £350 million for NHS.) was a red herring used by those who lost the vote to try and suggest that the leavers ( majority) were led up the garden path and misled.

Back