• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
Nigel Farage has said he will spend the summer improving UKIP's firepower ready to take seats in Westminster come 2015.

Speaking after a convincing triumph over the main parties in the European elections, Mr Farage said: "UKIP is going to win seats in the elections next year."

The party topped the European polls in the UK, leaving the Labour Party vying with the Conservatives for second place and the Lib Dems all but wiped out.

Mr Farage has hailed his party's first win in a national election - taking 24 MEP seats - as an "earthquake" in British politics

Coming a year ahead of the General Election, it is the first time a party other than the Conservatives or Labour has topped a nationwide poll in 108 years.

The Lib Dems lost all but one of its 11 MEPs, with the party coming in fifth place after the Greens, leading to serious questions over the survival of the party's leader, Nick Clegg.

The Prime Minister told Sky News he understood voters were deeply disillusioned with the EU and said: "The message on Europe I absolutely receive and understand." He ruled out any pact with UKIP and said the Conservatives were ready to "renegotiate Britain's place in Europe".

Mr Farage, whose party also won a seat in Scotland, said: "The implications for Nick Clegg are very serious indeed, the implications for Ed Miliband and very serious indeed and for David Cameron, perhaps not quite as bad but that debate, that split within the party is going to continue."

He said he was looking at seats for the party to target and would be assembling a team of spokesmen on issues such as defence to make sure the party was no longer seen as a "one man band".

In his speech after topping the poll in the South East, Mr Farage pledged: "You have not heard the last of us" and added: "We will see you in Westminster".

With only Northern Ireland's results yet to come in of the 12 UK regions, UKIP has 29.1% of the vote, Labour 25.4%, the Conservatives 24.6%, the Greens 7.9% and the Lib Dems 6.9%. There was a turnout of 36%.

UKIP is among a host of Eurosceptic parties across the continent looking set to make major gains as voters express anger at the financial crisis that crippled many countries in the 28-member bloc.

Ed Miliband congratulated Mr Farage on his win but said his own party's performance in the local elections and triumph over the Tories in the European elections showed "progress".

After criticism for a "lacklustre" campaign, he said: "I think we did well for a party which in 2010 got one of its worse shares of the vote ever in national elections."

Mr Clegg was coming for increasing pressure over his leadership, with some in the party calling for him to go.

But senior Liberal Democrats insisted he was "going nowhere".

BNP leader Nick Griffin failed to be re-elected as an MEP in the North West, telling Sky News: "We'll be back."

http://news.sky.com/story/1268952/european-elections-ukip-tops-british-polls

Re: European Elections, UKIP Tops British Polls

I wonder where all the BNP votes went......

I wonder where all the BNP votes went......

Not just them, a load of everyone else's votes too.

Thing is, it's rather easy to win an election that's only about your party's one policy. I suspect most of those votes will return to their real parties in a proper election. They're already refusing to form a coalition in Portsmouth council, if they continue to refuse to pin their colours to anyone's mast they'll lose most of their votes.

It seems from the stats that Labour and Cons did better than last time but the Lib Dems and BNP lost support. It seems a large part of the BNP vote went to UKIP and looking at the gains by the Green Party it seems the Lib Dems vote went towards Caroline Lucas's party.

Also I would go as far as to say that UKIP have appealed to certain portions of the country who might not have voted.

All in all I think the general election will have at least double the turnout and UKIP will still be fairly insignificant at the end of it, regardless of how much airtime Farage is getting these days.

long term this could actually hurt them, if they get over confident and over reach for the proper election (where I fully expect them to be put back in their place) they might never recover

as Scara says, when you only bang one drum it's easy to do well in a drum banging contest

what was the turn out? Not much I'll bet. Fringe parties make a big effort to get their vote out in these elections, whilst Labour and the Tories keep their powder dry for the real thing. They will be swamped in the General election. Might win one or two seats.

First party besides Labour and Conservatives to win a national Election since 1906.
Nothing to see here.

Ukip is growing resentment outside of London in Wes
Westminster politics.

I do postal voting these days, make your selection slip it in the freepost envelope and job done

I for one would be quite happy to see UKIP win a few seats in next years general election.

I agree with their goals in relation to the EU, if not for the same reasons. Immigration doesn't bother me and I accept the economic benefits for the country as a whole, although the negative economic and social outcomes for certain areas has to be recognised such as housing, education and health.

What I can't stand is big government, and the EU is the biggest government of them all. However, I don't want to get powers back from the EU just to give them to the national governments, I want all government to be less powerful in general and remove the over-abundance of regulation people and businesses are burdened with.

Dirty tricks sanctioned by the Electoral Commission, spoiler parties received 250,000 votes, allowing the Greens to win 2 seats they would not otherwise have won.

Makes you proud.

Dirty tricks sanctioned by the Electoral Commission, spoiler parties received 250,000 votes, allowing the Greens to win 2 seats they would not otherwise have won.

Makes you proud.

linky?

I found out today from an old teacher I had in Junior school that there first language is now not English in that school. That kind of **** is what upsets people IMO.

I found out today from an old teacher I had in Junior school that there first language is now not English in that school. That kind of **** is what upsets people IMO.

by first language do you mean what is taught or that which is the first language of the majority of pupils?

where is the school out of interest?

This is a selling point for UKIP on anti immigration. Farage has 2 daughters who speak German as their first language. He doesn't have a problem with them but does with these schools. What a plum.

Also English is my 3rd language. I assure you I spoke the language better than most of indigenous kids at my inner city school in Luton. This issue needs further statistical analysis. Do these kids speak English? Rather than is it their 2nd language.

a mate is a primary school teacher in north london, she has 32 kids in her class, 22 different nationalities and 10 who dont speak english at all, ridiculous

Back