• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Tell me, what is extreme about taking rail and water back into public control? What is extreme about funding public health and education properly? What is extreme about treating people on the breadline with a bit more empathy?

It’s not a policy problem it leader and party problem.

It’s personal, I get it!

We have bent over for so many US presidents of the last 100 years Blair had little choice.
But we all find it easier to spacegoat somebody anybody rather than own it as a nation! Whoever was PM at the time was going to have to ware this, sad but that’s politics, Churchill said we would pay for centuries for what US help.

Sorry mate that is more tosh.

Reactions: DTA
The Party is extreme and it’s leader lacks confidence and leadership.

Sorry for not being grammatically correct.
I was rushing and watching the Athletic game :) also!

Why would an extreme party have policies that are pretty fine by most people (when they are polled, such as renationalisation of railways)? Who defines extreme now, The Daily Mail?

Why would such extremists come up with policies that you think are fine? That doesn't make any sense. If they are extremists, then they should have some extreme policies to go along with the ones you like as well, right? But I don't know any.

Why would an extreme party have policies that are pretty fine by most people (when they are polled, such as renationalisation of railways)? Who defines extreme now, The Daily Mail?

Why would such extremists come up with policies that you think are fine? That doesn't make any sense. If they are extremists, then they should have some extreme policies to go along with the ones you like as well, right? But I don't know any.

Simply it has little to do specific policies it’s the current Labour parties lack of electability.

Simply it has little to do specific policies it’s the current Labour parties lack of electability.

"What do you think of the policies?"

"I like them."

"So vote for them."

"Can't vote for them, they are not electable."

And I suppose you think Brexiters are irrational and can't be reasoned with!

"What do you think of the policies?"

"I like them."

"So vote for them."

"Can't vote for them, they are not electable."

And I suppose you think Brexiters are irrational and can't be reasoned with!

I’ll reply int morning night

i think I've missed a trick in my assessment of the way Brexit is panning out. i.e Article 50 extension vs No Deal.
Maybe the actual end objective of the ERG, or big money behind Leave is not Brexit per se - but the break up of the EU.
Maybe what we are in the middle of is an existential struggle for the survival of the EU. With the calculation that No Deal will at very least destabilise EU. Cause some countries to break ranks. Which is possibly in the interests of Russia, the US, and China. Or is that reading too much into it all.

Pre-Brexit the polling for the EU (pro/anti eu) around different european nations was not positive. Post referendum, with europe watching the UK, the shift to being pro-EU is massive. Like 20-30% up from where it was. They looked at the mess we are in, and the populations now firmly back the EU.

Brexit has always had an element of self importance to it. Great Britian ruling the waves, collonial past etc. The reality is we are not as important as we think. The EU would survive a no deal exit, with France, Holland, Germany probably getting a fiar amount of businesses moving to them. The biggest loser is undoubtly the UK. And despite May and the ERG, I don't believe the government (cabinet) are entertaining the idea of a cliff edge no deal exit. It would be one of the most damaging acts any UK government has inflicted on the nation - ever. I can't think of anything comparable.

Last edited:
The reality is we are not as important as we think.

I posted the very same thing a number of months ago in this thread. Whether Brexit is good/bad (and to be honest, I’m struggling to care anymore which is sad), that to me has been quite a revelation.

I’ve just come back from Berlin, and prior to that was in Istanbul; the general consensus in these cities of those I have spoken to is one of slight disbelief and pity when discussing Brexit. They seem to be firmly in the Remain corner but I wouldn’t attribute that as a plus in a pro-Remain argument as it’s of little substance in context. Family and friends from and visiting from overseas follow similar sentiment but at a level of ‘what the fudge is going on over there?’

I sincerely hope we’ve made the right decision. However I do have a level of apathy towards the outcome.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

At what point do you say, okay, the major oppotunities I mentioned for services and tourism from Brexit, I can't actually come up with any?

So in order for Brexit to be classed as a success you want everything to have happened yesterday?

I don't think we are goign to agree on anything, your ability to read between the lines on issues such as Honda far outweigh my little human powers so we will leave it all there.

It’s not a policy problem it leader and party problem.

Don't get caught up in the whole US presidential thing, Corbyn is just one in a very big shadow cabinet. There are plenty of Labour politicians I don't like, (one male one just joined the Sell Out Seven) but that didn't stop me supporting Labour. It's not a reality TV vote.

Back