• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

If you don't know that the dollar is used as a global benchmark for currencies, there isn't much I can do.

So the pound/dollar rate will be of more concern to a Portuguese nurse than the pound/euro rate?

Seriously mate, you lose so much credibility when you dig these holes for yourself...

Last edited:
There is a lot of practical/logistical talent in the Tory party (I know I know, you could never bring yourself to say something like that). But the truth is, a lot of Tory MPs have experience running companies and have exceptional training/education. It is probably what keeps Labour mainly in second place. Despite Tory's representing a tiny % of people, with Labour ostensibly representing the large majority.

But right now, all those pragmatic types have been evacuated from the government. Why? Because pragmatism means not supporting Brexit. Anyone with any sense knows this project is folly. The only people left are the Patels etc. Hanrooster is one of those who managed to lie thorugh his teeth that he supports Brexit (though he voted to remain) and so he snuck in the back door. Truth of the matter is, there is a lack of talent in our government at the moment, because they are choosing from a tiny pool of freaks and loons who supported an immature private school fantasy project: Brexit.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:rolleyes:

With the low value of the pound and ease of entry removed, will Portuguese nurses want to come to the UK? Not to mention the 'soft' message it sends to people from Europe.

We are still a desirable nation. A special nation. But Bojo and his cronies are degrading us bit by bit.

As long as the wages are higher in this country then other countries, people will still come here to work.

Now we no longer have a racist immigration policy and we just look for the best candidates. I think we can be a little prouder that we are from a country that moves away from racism.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:rolleyes:

FWIW I think the people who voted for Brexit are on the whole admirable. While there was a small part of the conservative back benches who represent what I call the ‘loons’ - the Jacob Reece Mogg types - the general population who believe/d in bettering our nation, I have a lot of time for.

The aims and sentiment of Brexit, a national drive for positive change I admire. There is a lot in that. It is why Domenic Cummings, architect of Brexit and Boris, is pretty impressive. He knows how to appeal to the nation. Boris also has some difference to same old politicians. All potentially good things. I’m all for shaking up the establishment. The irony is the people in charge now - Boris, Reece Mog - they could not be more establishment. While the EU is relatively young, developing, forward thinking, working on increasing free trade, reducing pollution etc.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

As long as the wages are higher in this country then other countries, people will still come here to work.

Now we no longer have a racist immigration policy and we just look for the best candidates. I think we can be a little prouder that we are from a country that moves away from racism.

Especially as the average wage in Portugal is terrible.

Remember a month or so back, I said that the right wing media would begin their smears of Starmer? Well it has started already. That great journal of record, the Mail on Sunday has tried to paint him as some property tycoon, all because he bought a field behind his mum's house so she could continue her public service of re homing neglected donkeys. These papers have one purpose only, that being propaganda outlets for Tory governments.

All papers do this, the Guardian are at it the opposite way on a daily basis.

All papers do this, the Guardian are at it the opposite way on a daily basis.

Really how has the Guardian smeared Johnson? When did the Mirror or Guardian smear the Tory leadership in the same way that the Murdoch press did Corbyn? What a load of brick you speak. Here we go it's that classic Tory defence when all is said and done... "it doesn't matter, cause they're all the same you know."

We have the worst death rate in Europe, is it really a surprise the French don't want us?

But initially they did not include the UK in their quarantine policy, now they are because we are not exempting the French.
I don't have a problem with visitors to France having to quarantine per se, but it should be on a firmer basis than just tit-for-tat.

Back