• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Ive got a Virgin subscription, so would get BBC through that anyway wouldnt I? I think that kills the option of saying no, unless I can get Virgin to de-tune it...

Otherwise I dont watch live TV and the iplayer requires sign in these days so easily avoided.
Its not BBC its any live TV - they need to catch you using it just having Virgin isn't enough. You will get a lot of harassment letters even if you tell them you are not using live TV and you can refuse entry to the Licence "inspectors" - I pay for the license these days as I think the BBC is good value and generally a good thing (ensures commercial tv doesn't take the tinkle). I did fall foul of inspectors a while back even though I was not watching live tv as my TV had the Ariel plugged in, got it down to £150 fine on appeal and could probably have got off if I could have been bothered.

This what gets me.
The implementation of the vote was worryingly and strangely unmanaged.
This is what May can get criticised for, all this cross party talks and getting a deal that could be passed should have been the first thing to happen rather than an after thought. They didn't think they would need to get Parliamentary consent on any deal and that arrogance is why she has no sympathy, she is the architect of this brick show.

This is what May can get criticised for, all this cross party talks and getting a deal that could be passed should have been the first thing to happen rather than an after thought. They didn't think they would need to get Parliamentary consent on any deal and that arrogance is why she has no sympathy, she is the architect of this brick show.

This is what worries me. I think the Tory Party grandees have been up to no good.
A rather unpopular coup;)

Can anyone signpost to an accurate and informed summary of what changes MPs want to see to May’s deal? I haven’t been able to find anything online! And presumably it’s different things for different MPs, af times in opposition to each other?

Can anyone signpost to an accurate and informed summary of what changes MPs want to see to May’s deal? I haven’t been able to find anything online! And presumably it’s different things for different MPs, af times in opposition to each other?

In that sense, May is again kind of right - lots of "I dont want" but I dont recall a single "I want this" aside from Corbyns unicorn brick deal....

Personally I don’t understand why parliament has been involved at all. Surely the point of having a referendum is that you bypass parliament and go straight to the populace. IMO post-referendum they should have done more consultation with the populace to inform what the Brexit deal should look like, negotiate the deal (with a pro-Brexit PM), then do a second referendum (alternative vote) with the negotiated deal, no deal and remain as the three options (given that the populace would now have much more detailed information to make a final decision on).

Surely it was always going to be chaos having parliament get to vote or have lots of input on a Brexit deal that they didn’t want in the first place?

(Of course better not to have had a referendum in the first place IMO).

(Also for what it’s worth I voted remain).

Appropriately, Brexit is breaking online government too. The petition to revoke A50 can't cope with the traffic!

https://petition.parliament.uk/peti...METYjm_8KonsVXFSVdJnNo3H8JiIqHYYWKEdFZPrQrn9A

Have I got this right? Basically May's 'plan' is to keep putting forward the same deal to parliament, with some technical alterations, in the hope that MP'S will vote for it, rather than face an impending no deal Brexit. This explains why she was so loathe to support an extension.

This starts off like it’s a historical analysis, then simply turns into an old man having a good ol bitch about new labour and David Cameron. And then this above. The guy is a homophobe but you think he’s “great”?

There is nothing about what Brexit offers just criticism of others which is a theme of leave. It doesn’t stand for anything in the positive, just what it does not like.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He's gay isn't he?

Have I got this right? Basically May's 'plan' is to keep putting forward the same deal to parliament, with some technical alterations, in the hope that MP'S will vote for it, rather than face an impending no deal Brexit. This explains why she was so loathe to support an extension.
Up until now it was no real alterations, just the EU giving some assurance that they don't want an indefinite backstop. (IMO)It is to try and make it no deal vs her deal in the hope that people hate no deal more than her deal.

Posters here called it year(s?) ago.

Push her deal right to the deadline, force a choice between that and hard brexit.

Shes been on this path for a long time, quite blatantly so.

Well he isn't is he!

I would hope, regardless of that, he would be big enough to stay in the meeting and contribute. This strikes me as an (any) excuse to bail out.

Corbyn doesnt want to help the situation, he wants a GE and thats it.

Though in his defence, regardless of Chukka's status, chances are it would have been a waste of time anyway.

Up until now it was no real alterations, just the EU giving some assurance that they don't want an indefinite backstop. (IMO)It is to try and make it no deal vs her deal in the hope that people hate no deal more than her deal.

Or no Brexit.

"Revoke A50" has been a term used more and more frequently, even from the PM.

Shes gone from "my deal or no deal" to "my deal, no deal, or no brexit".

I would hope, regardless of that, he would be big enough to stay in the meeting and contribute. This strikes me as an (any) excuse to bail out.

Corbyn doesnt want to help the situation, he wants a GE and thats it.

He is embarrassing.
I hope that the realisation of Corbyns total ineptitude is at least one useful thing that comes out this omnishambles of an EU vote.

Last edited:
No idea. But he doesn't like gay marriage. I guess you can be gay and a homophobe.

I'm a history graduate and have come across a lot of Starkey's work. The accent is a bung on and he comes from working class provincial stock. Through the 60's he described himself as a conventional Labour supporter. However, he converted to the dark side because of Thatcher. Pretty sure he is out of the closet, so to speak.

Barry Gardiner, the shadow secretary of state for international trade, told the Today programme that Corbyn had already held a “20-minute, one-on-one” conversation with Theresa May and that the meeting the Labour leader left was actually with David Lidington, the de facto deputy prime minister.

He also said participants in the meeting that Corbyn missed later said the prime minister had refused to cede any ground on her red lines.

No, "it's down for maintenance"..... perfect way to avoid a difficult question

Barry Gardiner, the shadow secretary of state for international trade, told the Today programme that Corbyn had already held a “20-minute, one-on-one” conversation with Theresa May and that the meeting the Labour leader left was actually with David Lidington, the de facto deputy prime minister.

He also said participants in the meeting that Corbyn missed later said the prime minister had refused to cede any ground on her red lines.

I said earlier be careful it's the media.
You have to love the media today they are just fecking useless!

Remember this is all coming via the media.
So a pinch of salt.

Back