• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Totally. Don’t wait. Do it.

Was at a conference in Clyde. There was heat wave in the UK. Sun plastered across the isles. Apart from Glasgow! Where it was grey and drizzling [emoji23]

Cost of living in Spain or wherever is better. Grow some food. Get a pool. Cheap flights back if you need. Plus can work from anywhere these days if you get bored.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Spain will be too hot in a few years. Sweden is my exit plan.

Apart from feeling totally fed up at the result, I also feel totally disenfranchised under the FPTP system.
I live in a Tory safe seat, probably one of the safest in the country. Just shy of 70% of the vote this time round, usually 60-65%. It's just pointless voting anything else, although I still do.
We (the public) had the chance to change it back in 2011 but voted to stick with the status quo. And that vote only happened due to the coalition government. There's no upside for this government, nor any incumbent government with a decent majority, in changing it.
This is what people should be protesting about.
Well done Mrs Legs. Always vote, always. To not vote is a betrayal of countless sacrificed lives to get this point. I'm generally an easy-going guy but there are a few things which really rile me. One is not voting. Vote, or leave society by the back door and don't come back.

The UK must aspire to have a government of disagreement and compromise. And I don't mean opposition, but a government where there are dissenting voices. The UK is just a pale reflection of US politics now.

Spain will be too hot in a few years. Sweden is my exit plan.

Great summers! ...could you handle the winters? Worse than Glasgow in that there is almost no daylight through the winter months. If things burn up or start sinking - Southern Russia could be interesting. But I think our exit plans are probably 100 years premature.

Great summers! ...could you handle the winters? Worse than Glasgow in that there is almost no daylight through the winter months. If things burn up or start sinking - Southern Russia could be interesting. But I think our exit plans are probably 100 years premature.
Russia is interesting but they have a few problems, and I'm not referring to the authoritarian ones. One problem is that the soil there is bad, very bad. Otherwise, they could transform themselves into the food producers of the world considering their landmass. They won't and for more reasons than poor soil. One is that all countries that have a valuable natural resource exploit it, and they are no exception. Fossil fuels (and metal) in this case. And as with all countries that have a valuable natural resource they fell to the resource curse. Kleptocracy takes hold and the control of that resource coalaces with the few. Russia will be a mad max wasteland before the rest of us. I'll try Sweden.

And on a lighter note, I drank a nice merlot blend tonight.

Russia is interesting but they have a few problems, and I'm not referring to the authoritarian ones. One problem is that the soil there is bad, very bad. Otherwise, they could transform themselves into the food producers of the world considering their landmass. They won't and for more reasons than poor soil. One is that all countries that have a valuable natural resource exploit it, and they are no exception. Fossil fuels (and metal) in this case. And as with all countries that have a valuable natural resource they fell to the resource curse. Kleptocracy takes hold and the control of that resource coalaces with the few. Russia will be a mad max wasteland before the rest of us. I'll try Sweden.

And on a lighter note, I drank a nice merlot blend tonight.

Quite sad for the Russian people. If they reinvested all the oil and mining money, it would prosper. They have a great foundation from communism - solid health care and excellent education. Even if it has wanned slightly now, the people are highly educated and everyone has the chance to go to Uni. The cities are awesome in the summer. Totally under the radar. Moscow is one of the most underrated cities. Tonnes of culture. Parks. Outdoor fun - music and ballroom dancing outside. Its a thing there. Don't see it here. Open-air cinemas. Live music. Dance music. And it's affordable. Far cheaper than most European cities. But, again the winters are tough. St Petersburg is also interesting. More laid back, more of an alternative scene. Very picturesque in the old part. Was there during the world cup, and my company works with Russian programmers.

There is also more potential in Russia than say Sweden. Things are not all established and developed.

Quite sad for the Russian people. If they reinvested all the oil and mining money, it would prosper. They have a great foundation from communism - solid health care and excellent education. Even if it has wanned slightly now, the people are highly educated and everyone has the chance to go to Uni. The cities are awesome in the summer. Totally under the radar. Moscow is one of the most underrated cities. Tonnes of culture. Parks. Outdoor fun - music and ballroom dancing outside. Its a thing there. Don't see it here. Open-air cinemas. Live music. Dance music. And it's affordable. Far cheaper than most European cities. But, again the winters are tough. St Petersburg is also interesting. More laid back, more of an alternative scene. Very picturesque in the old part. Was there during the world cup, and my company works with Russian programmers.

There is also more potential in Russia than say Sweden. Things are not all established and developed.
Nah Russia is fudged.

Totally. Don’t wait. Do it.

Was at a conference in Clyde. There was heat wave in the UK. Sun plastered across the isles. Apart from Glasgow! Where it was grey and drizzling [emoji23]

Cost of living in Spain or wherever is better. Grow some food. Get a pool. Cheap flights back if you need. Plus can work from anywhere these days if you get bored.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Glasgow has its own climate, a combination of the hills and cold fronts from the Atlantic or some such gonad*s.

Dear GHod put down the crack pipe.

I had a holiday place in Liepaja on the coast in Latvia. The Soviet union was a dump that demonized their iwn people and left tgem in poverty, which is why so many drink and kill themselves. One of my best friends is Latvian.

0_bluebritain.png

Corbyn's Labour, are viewed as anti democratic cultural Marxists - the INGSOC of our times ...

Pro Tax, child like economic planning..

Pro minority groups (BAME, Islam, LGBGT, Gender) whilst continually pointing an accusing finger at the 'racist far right' white man ...This is all good in the cities with their highly populated immigrant areas but there's a country out there!

Gammon hate filled lefties....Emily Thornberry, David Lammy, Diane Abbott, Jess Phillips and many others.

The Gammon have spoke!

Ha, ha this clown is going on about the politics of hate..this bloke. Ha, ha. Shut up and put your brown shirt and arm band on you clown shoe!

How long will Boris stay interested in his shiny new train set Santa bought him this Christmas?
I’m taking 18 months!

There are plenty in the Tory Party, many more than in Labour.
That appears to be a common accusation from the more tribal end of politics but I haven't seen any evidence to show that.

It would take something huge for anyone to honestly suggest the Conservatives are guilty of anything on the scale of Labour's (especially Momentum's) antisemitism. Part of the Labour Party itself just published a 53 page explanation of why there is so much institutionalised prejudice in the party. To ignore it is to simply will one's side to win with no regard whatsoever for the safety and security of those it attacks based on their race.

But that's not what the evidence shows and you know it. What there almost certainly is (as will always be the case in large groups of old, white men) are a few individuals who are misogynistic homophobes, etc. That's not acceptable and they shouldn't be in the party, but that does not bear any kind of equivalence to institutionalised racism extending from the leader of the party down to its grass roots.

Last edited:
If Labour can take back their party from Momentum, 5 years.

If they can't - probably 5-12
Not the conservatives lasting, that's 5+ years (or infinity and beyond;)) with Gove lerking to take over if/when Boris gets bored.
Boris's attention span as mayor was a battle with minders after 6 months.
His dad said he's never done a proper job other than the mayor and PM is hard work under unbelievable and neverending pressure.

Labour, are done!
We may see a few attempts at new outfits.

Last edited:
Labour are useless...who's gonna replace Corbyn .? Anyone taking the job will probably need at least two elections, that's 10 years...

Starmer would be the sensible one but they will probably go with Rebecca Long-Bailey but there's only one that can save them...

meme2.png

Ha, ha this clown is going on about the politics of hate..this bloke. Ha, ha. Shut up and put your brown shirt and arm band on you clown shoe!

Well, despite the most evil austerity ever inflicted on a people in the history of mankind, that's now FOUR defeats in a row to the 'Faaaaasciiiiist Tories' with the latest, being a damn good thrashing.

This 'clown' has been warning lefties such as yourself for the past 20 years and more of the consequences of Labour fudging over the white working class.. Labour lost Scotland and now, apart from certain areas in the cities, they've also lost Wales, the Midlands and the North of England...

The Red Wall smashed by the Tories!!

The white working classes have realised that Labour have not only abandoned them, but were now also attacking them! .... They are punishing Labour rather than endorsing the Conservatives...

Lefties such as you will never get it and will always lose as you prefer to shout down people with a differing viewpoint rather than seek a consensus...It's not really in the psychology of the Lefties to self reflect..

Bravo, well done, well played to the likes of you!

Back