• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Players Out: Rumours and Discussion

Spursalot

Jimmy McCormick
Aaron Lennon

Spurs star Aaron Lennon is once again a transfer target for Inter Milan, according to a report from Italy.

The Serie A giants wanted to sign the England winger last summer, before he signed a new four-year contract with the White Hart Lane club.

And the 26-year-old is now back on Inter’s wish-list, says newspaper Corriere dello Sport, as they look to rebuild after a poor season that sees them languishing in ninth place with one match to go.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfers-aaron-lennon-inter-1892917

Danny Rose

DANNY ROSE is a summer target for Sunderland after a dazzling loan spell.
The left-back is ineligible for the Black Cats’ final Premier Leaguegame at his parent club Tottenham on Sunday.
England Under-21 star Rose, 22, has already gone back to Spurs where he will have surgery on a problematic wrist this week.
He wants to fight for his place under Andre Villas-Boas at White Hart Lane next season.
But Sunderland boss Paolo Di Canio said: “Danny has been fantastic for us.
“I don’t know how much he will have to play at Spurs. We’ll see what happens.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...y-Rose-is-a-summer-target-for-Sunderland.html

Last edited:
big risk for avb if he fails to get the right player to replace lennon; we've looked poor everytime lennon got injured.

big risk for avb if he fails to get the right player to replace lennon; we've looked poor everytime lennon got injured.

We've looked no better since he's been back in the side. Barely noticed he was playing against Chelsea and Stoke. Prior to that we beat City 3-1 without him.

I've not been sold on him this season. He sometimes looks brilliant, but often doesn't play a part in games. That could be helped with a creative player though to get both wings involved, but he's not the most productive player.

Last edited:
This happens every time Lennon's been out with an injury. He always takes 6-8 games to get back into his stride, and everytime someone wants him sold because he isn't good enough... Makes me sad.

This happens every time Lennon's been out with an injury. He always takes 6-8 games to get back into his stride, and everytime someone wants him sold because he isn't good enough... Makes me sad.

The most recent games might be due to injury, but he has not been productive enough over the entire season. Out of our 3 in a 4-2-3-1 I would say he has been the worst of the bunch.

The bunch being Lennon, Bale, Dempsey and Siggurdsson.

He's played a lot more than Dempsey and Siggy, has pretty much always played in his favoured position and still hasn't come up with the goods that often.

It would not surprise me at all if he was sold this summer.

Lennon is great at what he does, but he doesn't fit into what we're trying to do. All in my humble opinion of course. If we're going with a front 3 it has to be something like Dempsey - Ade - Bale

or Amazing new left forward - Villa - Bale

Lennon was better than Bale for the opening 3 and a half months of the season. Easily. Then injuries kicked in unfortunately, it's a shame we sent Townsend out on loan as a form Townsend might have been great for Lennon when coming back from injury.

I got the impression our interest in Willian was with a view to replacing Lennon in the side (Bale on the right cutting in, Willian as the LWF) giving us a front 3 similar to the set up AVB had. at Porto - iirc

Id imagine that is still the plan, although id be totally gutted if Lennon left - id much rather keep him as a squad player as he's a part of the Club i feel

We would struggle to get someone for lennons position who tracks back and defends like he does.
One of the best forward playing players to do this.

We would struggle to get someone for lennons position who tracks back and defends like he does.

I understand this point, however it's contradictory. We should keep a forward player in the first team because he is good at defending?

Whilst it's nice to have forward players that will put a shift in defensively, their primary use should be to score/assist.

Last edited:
Definitely wouldn't sell Lennon and think having Townsend back next year might improve Lennon's performances simply because, for the first time for years, he'll have competition for his place. He's a valuable player for us but its hard not to feel that he's in a comfort zone because the only competition he's ever had for his place since being at Spurs has been from Bentley. The extra competition could well help Lennon develop

I definitely agree. But in a 4-3-3 that's less important, if that's the direction we are heading.

The most recent games might be due to injury, but he has not been productive enough over the entire season. Out of our 3 in a 4-2-3-1 I would say he has been the worst of the bunch.

The bunch being Lennon, Bale, Dempsey and Siggurdsson.

He's played a lot more than Dempsey and Siggy, has pretty much always played in his favoured position and still hasn't come up with the goods that often.

It would not surprise me at all if he was sold this summer.

But that is becasue he is an out and out winger rather than these more central players so his end product is a cross or set up rather than prodigious goal scoring. Need some quality in the box to finish and we have been woeful there.

But that is becasue he is an out and out winger rather than these more central players so his end product is a cross or set up rather than prodigious goal scoring. Need some quality in the box to finish and we have been woeful there.

He hasn't spent that much of this season with chalk on his boots. Seems to come inside more than ever really. As Gutter Boy and Billyiddo say he just might not fit into our plans.

I'm a massive Lennon fan, I always seem to be sticking up for him, but I do think the right wing forward is a position AVB will be looking for, someone more direct and attacking than Lennon. However, no way should we be looking to sell him, that's crazy, we'll hopefully be playing the best part of 60 games next season, we need him and he is an excellant player on his day, just maybe not as suited to AVB's preferred system.

Back