• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Personal Car Leasing

scaramanga

Paul Miller
Staff member
Anyone ever done this before?

I'm getting a bit fed up of giving all my money to the tax man every month and it seems to work out better to pay myself an allowance and then lease a car than to have a company car (assuming I want something larger than a moped engine).

Don't want to buy one this time as I'm about to buy a house and will probably need to keep a good bit of equity free (so if anyone wants to buy a 5 Series, let me know). Also don't want a hybrid as it cost me a fortune when the government tempted us all into investing in diesels and then whacked up the BIK rate on them - I will bet my house on them doing so again with hybrids.

So has anyone had any experience and know who to use? I've been putting out quotes and keep getting all the same old tricks of "Oops, that didn't have VAT on" and "Sorry, that was for the 2l model", etc. Basically a bunch of chancers trying to get me to the point of signing and then bump the price.

How olds the 5.
What's your mileage per year?
They are all chancers, well the ones I use to deal with were.
The 5 is a 57 plate (Dec) - I've put about £170K miles on it. 525d M Sport - fully loaded, TV and everything. Cost a bit over £42K new. It may or may not have been remapped to the 530d (230bhp) and may or may not have a diesel particulate filter depending on whether you work for the law or not.

I do about 20K a year, looking for something like a 3+35 or maybe a 3+47 lease.

Last edited:
Yep, I've been looking into this too (over 3 years). Just concerned about the small print (re. damage/wear and tear, etc). Deffo seems to be worth it (no road tax or MOT issues). Will be interested in the advice too.

Haven't done it UK, but presently have a lease, my main reasoning

- Leasing generally allows you to get a better vehicle for less monthly cost
- I move for work (different countries), and my last experience with trying to sell a car in a rush was not good
- I got a good 24 month option, so my buy out was minimal even if I turned in car early

Usual concern areas

- Mileage, leases generally aren't geared (in north America anyway) to high mileage usage
- Insurance re your down payment, in most cases if you put a down payment on lease and the car gets totaled, the lease company gets their money, you don't get any compensation for whatever amount your down payment was.
- damage/maintenance, you probably will want dealer to fix (some people don't like that) as it will negate any challenges re service/repairs at end of lease.

I use it for the wife's car needs, and would recommend it. Pretty hassle free all round. The deals can vary from week to week so shop around, in fact quiet a few will price match if you find it cheaper.

Never leased but looked into it.

Tilsun group send me emails with what on the surface look like great deals.

And Ling cars...that crazy bird of dragons den. Equally crazy website BUT enough recommendations of good deals and service.

And Ling cars...that crazy bird of dragons den. Equally crazy website BUT enough recommendations of good deals and service.
The offers at Tilsun look really good.

I can't put my details into a site that looks like lingcars though. It scares me to even look at it.

The offers at Tilsun look really good.

I can't put my details into a site that looks like lingcars though. It scares me to even look at it.

A lot of recommendations out there for Ling. Anything loopy, unfathomable and downright bizarre is basically her advertising and marketing strategy (and too be fair,appears to work). If you can cut through the website chaos (maybe some acid would help) the good deals are there. And people especially comment on the great communication and service she provides.

DO NOT TRY USING THAT SITE ON A PHONE!
6580401_orig.jpg

Tilsun have been excellent. They started off expensive but have matched any deal I've been offered.

If anyone else does this, make sure you get a lot of quotes and then play them off against each other to get the best deal.

Back