• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Peaches Geldoff dies

At 25 :(:(:(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26931337

Peaches Geldof, second daughter of musician Bob Geldof and the late Paula Yates, has died aged 25, leaving a husband and two sons.

"We are beyond pain," said her father, confirming her death. "She was the wildest, funniest, cleverest, wittiest and the most bonkers of all of us."

Police, who were called to an address in Kent around lunchtime on Monday, say the death is currently being treated as "unexplained and sudden".

Geldof was 11 when her own mother died.

TV presenter Yates died of an accidental drug overdose in September 2000. In September 2012 Geldof said she did not come to terms with her mother's death for several years.

Her final tweet, posted on Sunday, linked to an Instagram picture of her, as a baby, in her mother's arms.

The caption simply read: "Me and my mum."

Bob Geldof said: "How is this possible that we will not see her again? How is that bearable?

"We loved her and will cherish her forever. How sad that sentence is."

In a statement, Kent Police said: "Police were called at 13:35 BST on 7 April, 2014 to an address near Wrotham following a report of concern for the welfare of a woman.

"A woman aged 25 was pronounced dead by South East Coast Ambulance Service.

"Officers are working to establish the circumstances around the death."

Shows how precious life really is, have as much fun as you can, dont have regrets and smile and be happy

BkpNiwsIIAI9Q5y.jpg

This one i find particularly sad tbh.

Dunno, there was something about her i liked. Whilst her pretentious father 'helped' Africa she seemed quite a level headed person (going by interviews). 25 man...no age at all.

Awful...so sad...I think Bob's always tried to do the right thing, and TBF, the way in which he took full responsibility of his children and also Michael Hutchence's was blindingly good (and obviously right)...depression and it's attendant issues are seriously sad...

"Writing 'was' destroys me afresh"

That has seriously choked me up. Can you imagine having to refer to your child in the past tense?

Awful.

"Writing 'was' destroys me afresh"

That has seriously choked me up. Can you imagine having to refer to your child in the past tense?

Awful.

I have 2 kids. I thank GHod I have 2, for if I lost 1 without the other, I would question what the years ahead could possibly bring to make living worthwhile.

I have 2 kids. I thank GHod I have 2, for if I lost 1 without the other, I would question what the years ahead could possibly bring to make living worthwhile.

that is the biggest fear of my life. I have one child, a beautiful daughter nearly 14 years old (beautiful as a person, not looks, as that isn't my call to make, although I'm biased so she is beautiful looking too). She is the pride of our lives, a very caring and honest human being, has just been awarded a full scholarship for the last 3 years of senior school, the thought of life without her is unbearable. We were fortunate to have one child, and unfortunate not to have more (lost a little girl many years ago) but I hope the natural Circle of Life allows us to see her develop and grow in this world.

I found this particularly sad. Her mother died at a young age and she probably never got over it. Life is precious.

I am not one of those where I get all sad if celebrities die etc, only because I never knew them etc BUT Peaches dying did shock me due to her age etc. I mean Amy Winehouse dying didnt shock me as that seemed a touch expected. Peaches, I didnt know or read about much so I dont know of any trials and tribulations she went through.

I read that she died all of a sudden - was it suicide? drugs? etc

Shocking and awful news. I feel so sorry for Bob. I have daughters and can only imagine his heartache. I know I wouldn't be able to bear it.

Life can be very cruel. An old friend of mine just lost his Dad the other day. One minute he is fine the next minute he feels pain in his chest and has a heart attack and dies in front of his Wife.

I think its sad someone has passed but on the other hand I'm shocked that there is such a feeling towards someone that is not at all famous or contributed nothing apart from famous parents. Also she wasn't exactly the greatest child was she. Frankie Knuckles gets like four posts yet... nevermind!

Alas RIP.

Life can be very cruel. An old friend of mine just lost his Dad the other day. One minute he is fine the next minute he feels pain in his chest and has a heart attack and dies in front of his Wife.

:( that is cruel. The idea of losing someone that close is hard. The idea of losing someone so close, in front of you and suddenly is perhaps the hardest thing that I can imagine happening. :(

I think its sad someone has passed but on the other hand I'm shocked that there is such a feeling towards someone that is not at all famous or contributed nothing apart from famous parents. Also she wasn't exactly the greatest child was she. Frankie Knuckles gets like four posts yet... nevermind!

Alas RIP.

59 year old man with type 2 diabetes passes away, a 25 year old woman passes away totally out of the blue. There is also the tragedy behind Peaches Mother passing away when she was 11 etc.

Both are extremely sad, but I don't think there's much surprise as to why one is getting more attention than the other.

59 year old man with type 2 diabetes passes away, a 25 year old woman passes away totally out of the blue. There is also the tragedy behind Peaches Mother passing away when she was 11 etc.

Both are extremely sad, but I don't think there's much surprise as to why one is getting more attention than the other.

yes we agree its a tragedy that two people have died, but I see it one that brought smiles to millions whilst the other was an attention seeking get me tits out for the front page wrongun, Britain's answer to Ms Lohan if you likel or everything that is wrong with young culture today.. Although recent times she seemed to have finally grown up to become a devoted mother.

But the problem is, media prefer the background tragedy story of the children which then rubs off on the general public.

Ahh the inevitable brow stroking sense of righteousness that always turns up in these RIP threads telling people they don't know the appropriate response to hearing about the death of another person they don't know.

Yep. You're that guy.

Back