• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paying a mate to help

chicken_badge

Gudni Bergsson
Right fellas, just looking for a bit of advice.

I'm going to be moving house soon, got a few large items that will need two people: bed, fridge, sofa. Most other things I could move myself, though if I had another person's help I could obviously do it all much quicker. I also need to sort out a couple of 6 x 6 fence panels, which would need to be collected from B&Q, then put up - both of which are jobs for 2 people.

Now, I do have mates who could probably spare me a little bit of time as a favour and help me with the stuff I absolutely needed 2 people for. Alternatively, I'm thinking of asking another mate to spend a morning effectively working for me. Moving those big items to the new house, sorting those fence panels, then filling up the rest of the time with boxes.... I reckon I'd get a lot done in four hours.

The lad I'm thinking of is about 21, used to doing these sort of cash jobs. I say that because he's not earning a great deal and therefore not likely to say "sure mate I'll just do it for free" which is fair enough.

So the question is, what would you say is a fair amount to offer to pay him? I don't have a clue - I've only ever either done stuff like this as a favour, or hired a "man with van".

Right fellas, just looking for a bit of advice.

I'm going to be moving house soon, got a few large items that will need two people: bed, fridge, sofa. Most other things I could move myself, though if I had another person's help I could obviously do it all much quicker. I also need to sort out a couple of 6 x 6 fence panels, which would need to be collected from B&Q, then put up - both of which are jobs for 2 people.

Now, I do have mates who could probably spare me a little bit of time as a favour and help me with the stuff I absolutely needed 2 people for. Alternatively, I'm thinking of asking another mate to spend a morning effectively working for me. Moving those big items to the new house, sorting those fence panels, then filling up the rest of the time with boxes.... I reckon I'd get a lot done in four hours.

The lad I'm thinking of is about 21, used to doing these sort of cash jobs. I say that because he's not earning a great deal and therefore not likely to say "sure mate I'll just do it for free" which is fair enough.

So the question is, what would you say is a fair amount to offer to pay him? I don't have a clue - I've only ever either done stuff like this as a favour, or hired a "man with van".

why dont you offer to suck his ****, i reckon you would like it.

Cheers hudd, I think I'd need to offer him cash rather than anything else.

Bullseye = £50 right?

JGL - don't think I would, never tried it so I can't say for sure. You seem to be a fan though.

Cheers hudd, I think I'd need to offer him cash rather than anything else.

Bullseye = £50 right?

JGL - don't think I would, never tried it so I can't say for sure. You seem to be a fan though.

Me thinks the lady protests to much. Hell it would be good for you im sure drifter said the were key vitamins in ***, also the council will give you a flat for free if you turn out to be a pillow biter so its win win.

Don't forget to say that you will provide the Talc but would like him to bring his own Gimp outfit.

I would also suggest to not even mention money, just slip it in to his **** cheeks when your finished.

There is though a written payment in stone that everyone uses for payment towards mates which is the obligatory crate of beers.

There is though a written payment in stone that everyone uses for payment towards mates which is the obligatory crate of beers.

yep, i always thought helping a friend move house = send em home with a full stomach (pub lunch, take away) and something with a percentage (crate of beer, bottle of scotch)

Depends how much of a mate he is. If it's just for the morning £30 will do.

Me and my friends helped another mate to strip wallpaper in his flat. He bought us some dominoes as a thank you. That was fine by us all.

Im not sure how you guys work. My mates would never expect or demand payment (And I the same) although I would buy them a few drinks to say thanks - thats about it really. A gesture more than 'payment'.

Im not sure how you guys work. My mates would never expect or demand payment (And I the same) although I would buy them a few drinks to say thanks - thats about it really. A gesture more than 'payment'.

Fair enough, I can see a few guys just get their head around the idea you need to pay a mate.

This guy has a pretty low paid job and its stuff like this I know he'd readily do to earn a few quid. To be honest I'm barely asking much of him other than time, a little bit of lifting but nothing strenuous. I could hire a man with van for what, £100? But at least I trust this guy, helping him out a bit by paying him but not taking the mick.

Sounds like £30-35 is about right.

If it were the other sort of people I'd ask, my closest friends then yes, none of them would dream of asking or accepting money.

Fair enough, I can see a few guys just get their head around the idea you need to pay a mate.

This guy has a pretty low paid job and its stuff like this I know he'd readily do to earn a few quid. To be honest I'm barely asking much of him other than time, a little bit of lifting but nothing strenuous. I could hire a man with van for what, £100? But at least I trust this guy, helping him out a bit by paying him but not taking the mick.

If it were the other sort of people I'd ask, my closest friends then yes, none of them would dream of asking or accepting money.

Not criticising at all but yeah like you say - get my head around it thats all. It does depend on how close a mate he is or they are...

Bunch of tighta rses

Pay the guy for the whole day.

Bet more to do jobs come up between now and then, so might as well have him hanging for the day. Don't forget petrol costs! Don't know about your predicament but every time I have moved there has been a load of crap in the garden that needed taking down the local rubbish dump. Be careful though as you may need to pay with a van to dump. I think you are allowed to dump something upto 1/2 a tonne a year. You need to chek your local council guidelines for you local rubbish dump, some will allow trailers. One of the things I did was I took of all the internal doors down and needed to get rid. Also had a rotten shed that we dismantled.

Whilst you got your hands on the white van.. may as well take advantage and get as many jobs out the way as ou can think about.

BTW.. With the leaves falling have them rake them up.. LOL

ive moved 8 times in the last 8 years and usually get 4-5 people to help out, then order some pizzas and get some beers in, make it a bit of a party.

but yeah, if the guy would appreciate the money i can see what you are trying to do for him - i'd be inclined to give him £40 and lunch.

What/who are you on the run from?

:lol:
i've gone full circle and they are now on the run from me! \o/

The Mrs and I started with literally nothing and rented the smallest crapest place we could find and then moved a few times into better places or to different areas for commutes to work.

Then the last 2 years we have THREE landlords decide to sell the properties we are(were) renting.
Thankfully, instead of continuing to play perpetual house hoping - we are moving to California!!

Back