• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulo Gazzaniga

Prefer him to Lloris at this point. Lower ceiling but sturdier floor.
That is a very good way of putting it, it was the same with Gomes he could make saves that very few keepers could make, but this was negated with his poor kicking and mistakes from ‘saves’ or decisions that should have been bread and butter. An ageing Brad Friedel to replace him was a relief!

Felix Mourinho was born in Ferragudo, Faro District, Algarve. He played 19 seasons as a professional, making his Primeira Liga debut in 1955–56 with Vitória de Setúbal. He spent 13 campaigns with the Sado River side, helping them win two Portuguese Cups and appearing in as many Inter-Cities Fairs Cup editions.[3]

Before 1968–69 started, Mourinho signed for fellow league club Belenenses, finishing in a personal best-ever second position in his fifth season – with the subsequent qualification to the UEFA Cup – and retiring in June of the following year at the age of 36. He earned one cap for the Portugal national team, coming on as a substitute for Benfica's José Henrique in the dying minutes of a 2–1 win against the Republic of Ireland in the 1972 Brazil Independence Cup.[3]

Coaching career[edit]
Mourinho started coaching on a full basis in 1976 (he had worked as an assistant with Belenenses, while still an active player). His first spell in the top level was in 1980–81 with Amora, which he had led to promotion as champions the previous year. He left the team midway through the campaign and rejoined the Segunda Liga with Rio Ave,[4] achieving the same feat after winning seven matches in 11.[3]

Mourinho's only full seasons in the top tier were 1981–82 and 1983–84, leading Rio Ave to the fifth place in the former and the final of the domestic cup in the latter.[5] The former saw his son José involved with the squad for the first time, and he was also usually tasked with scouting other teams for his father when not playing for the reserves.[6] Mourinho rarely selected his son, but on the final day of the campaign against champions-elect Sporting CP, a defender was injured in the pre-match warm up, so he told his son to get changed. However, president José Maria Pinho, fearing the threat of nepotism, overruled the decision to do so;[7] the incident saw the pair leave the club to join Belenenses the following summer – before that, the manager was considered for the Portugal job, but he was passed over for Fernando Cabrita.[6]

Mourinho returned to Rio Ave in 1983, but was sacked on Christmas Day 1984 after the team went on a bad run and lost to Covilhã.[6] In the mid-to-late 1990s, he twice came to the rescue of Vitória Setúbal, with top division relegation befalling in 1995 as they only won twice in his 12 games in charge.

It occurred to me a few games ago, I havent missed Lloris at all.

And while Gazza has had a few shaky moments, I think he has done very well - and his kicking/distribution is adding a dimension to the team.

I don't think Lloris concedes the first goal at United (beaten at near post), probably another somewhere I might have thought Lloris would have got to.

But distribution is a huge part of the current game and he has a real edge on Lloris there.

Problem with Lloris is that while he might not have conceded that first, theres every chance he would spoon one in later on...

Thats the catch with him. Wildly outrageous save, probably beyond what Gazzanaiga can do, but later on wildly outrageous rickett...

I think the comparison to Gomes above is valid. Its not as accute, but they have that similar trait.

Problem with Lloris is that while he might not have conceded that first, theres every chance he would spoon one in later on...

Thats the catch with him. Wildly outrageous save, probably beyond what Gazzanaiga can do, but later on wildly outrageous rickett...

I think the comparison to Gomes above is valid. Its not as accute, but they have that similar trait.

Over the course of the last year Lloris' form had dropped significantly. We were getting to the point pre injury where there was a good about for giving Gaza a go between the sticks.

I'm really believing that Lloris doesn't get his place back unless he shows serious quality in training.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Over the course of the last year Lloris' form had dropped significantly. We were getting to the point pre injury where there was a good about for giving Gaza a go between the sticks.

I'm really believing that Lloris doesn't get his place back unless he shows serious quality in training.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Hugo was our beat player this season till the injury

He walks back in

I really dont think he was. And IF I were to concede he was, it would be more by virtue of the entire team collapsing rather than him being especially good.

Lloris has been increasingly iffy all year, if not a little longer.

To the degree I think he has had a negative effect on our back line.

Back