• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulo Dybala

Pretty slim* but shouldn’t prevent this thread hitting 1000 pages by then!

*In my tiny brain I do not see why whatever dialogue can continue but then I also don’t understand why there aren’t lots of deals all announced on day one of the window based on out of window negotiations

If we've agreed with the club and player and its only the image rights we'd have time to sort something out.

dont forget. All the other leagues windows are open for a few weeks. He could end up going to another club now, in this window.

This forcing of the deadline to before the start of the season and it only involving incoming players has been an outright failure.

Agreed, the windows should be global.

Other parts of the world have their entire seasons at different times of the year. The southern hemisphere for example.

I think getting transfer windows aligned is never going to happen.

BUT.

Forcing your window to shut for incoming players, whilst not for outgoing ruins the whole reason they did it. Which was supposed to stop the season starting with your team in flux and changing. After today its still possible for EPL teams to lose their best players. So what was the point?

we might as well have kept it at the end of August or at the last date of the European seasons.

Im very happy with the window closing today. I think its much better than at the end of the month.

THat said, it certainly has a few wrinkles to iron out...

I think getting transfer windows aligned is never going to happen.

BUT.

Forcing your window to shut for incoming players, whilst not for outgoing ruins the whole reason they did it. Which was supposed to stop the season starting with your team in flux and changing. After today its still possible for EPL teams to lose their best players. So what was the point?

we might as well have kept it at the end of August or at the last date of the European seasons.

I agree with the principle. But in practice we'd never be able to trade with say Brazil, because our windows would never coincide.

Im very happy with the window closing today. I think its much better than at the end of the month.

THat said, it certainly has a few wrinkles to iron out...
It’s still preferable than teams upsetting players within the league, even if it is less likely to be us nowadays. Don’t see why the sale part can’t be enforced at the same time or why our season starts earlier than others in europe

Shame this didn't happen. Would have made a fantastic signing. Now it kind of hinges on us keeping Eriksen if it's a very good or good transfer window.

It’s still preferable than teams upsetting players within the league, even if it is less likely to be us nowadays. Don’t see why the sale part can’t be enforced at the same time or why our season starts earlier than others in europe

Personally I dont see why the window cant just be, say, July.

Theres no need for it to be months long. Whats important is having set window to operate in.

If thats 4 weeks from the first week of July, then thats that. Its plenty of time to get deals done (which are so often started a head of the window) and will focus clubs into getting their brick done.

Compared to the start of last season, definitely if we sign Le Celso and Sess. Last year we had no pre-season, and players that hadn't had a break for years. We're now fully rested and prepared, with two/three more options in midfield, how is that anything but stronger.

With Ndombele replacing Dembele and Lo Celso more than likely a replacement for Eriksen where do you get your two or three extra bodies from?

I will however concede that the picture looks less gloomy if we do not sell Erikssen this summer

Back