• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho -José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior

Paulinho has been heavily linked to inter Milan

Yeah their fans are excited about him.

I'm not sure what we'd do with yet another box-to-box CM, I'd hope we are prioritizing the playmaking and vision part first.

Yeah their fans are excited about him.

I'm not sure what we'd do with yet another box-to-box CM, I'd hope we are prioritizing the playmaking and vision part first.

Yeah, he seems too similar to Sandro and Dembele to be able to play with them.

Not sure about this, are we planning on running through our opponents as opposed to passing through them?

Not sure about this, are we planning on running through our opponents as opposed to passing through them?

well AVB's tactics are more Mourinho than Wenger....understandable i guess after spending so much time with the happy one

the tactics at Porto were "give the ball to Hulk or Falcao" :)

Haha you see this is EXACTLY AVB's preferred tactic. There is a myth that Porto were this free-flowing Barca-lite. Well of course they played some good stuff, they were a good team well managed with some very good players. Similarly, last season despite what some would say we played some very good stuff. You just have to watch the goal compilations of some of the goals we scored to see how pleasing on the eye we could be.

Ultimately, however, AVB believes in getting the ball as quickly as possible to the most dangerous players in the team in the optimum position for them to cause the most damage.

He's basically come into Spurs and thought well i've got a decent enough squad but its probably lacking in imagination and goal-scoring capability. What I DO have is a phenominal talent in Bale who is almost unstoppable when you get him in a dangerous position and is the best striker of the ball in the squad to boot. What I'll do is use my big physical midfielders Dembele & Sandro to break up play and keep the game tight and compact. and i'll basically move Bale from wide-left to a "hole" position, give him the license to roam, but work on his timing and positioning and develop a tactic that involves getting the ball to him in and around the box.

Hey-presto - our tactic last season was "give the ball to Bale" and he scored a freaking shed-load of goals as a result and won us games single-handedly.

It's really just this guy with a fancy name isnt it ?

274px-18864-16186.gif

AVBs mate in the press, Jason Burt, says Spurs are hopeful of signing Paulinho

Tottenham Hotspur close in on Brazil and Corinthians midfielder Paulinho

Tottenham Hotspur are increasingly hopeful that they will be able to sign Brazil international Paulinho.
By Jason Burt
7:40PM BST 14 Jun 2013

Talks have taken place this week to agree a deal worth around £14.5 million for the 24-year-old midfielder who is currently preparing for the Confederations Cup back in Brazil.

No announcement is likely to be made until that tournament has ended on June 30 but Spurs are now regarded as favourites to conclude a deal with Paulinho’s club, Corinthians.

Telegraph Sport first revealed last November that Spurs were pushing to sign Paulinho, who has also attracted interest from Inter Milan, Chelseaand Paris St-Germain.

There has been, however, concern at Spurs that Paulinho’s growing reputation could mean the club are gazumped in the transfer market. Paulinho starred for Corinthians in last December’s Club World Cup in Japan, when they beat Chelsea, and recently scored in Brazil’s friendly against England in Rio de Janeiro.

Spurs lost out at the last minute last summer when they appeared set to sign another Brazilian international, Oscar, who eventually moved to Chelsea. However it appears that the deal to acquire Paulinho has progressed quickly in recent days with the impending arrival of Franco Baldini as Spurs’ prospective new director of football having aided negotiations.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...azil-and-Corinthians-midfielder-Paulinho.html

Last edited:
If Baldini's arrival is impending, how has it aided negotiations?

I can just imagine us discussing a potential move with Paulinho.

Would you like to join our club? 'No'

You do realise we're getting Baldini in? 'Really, why didn't you say?! In that case, then Hell Yeah, I'm interested!!'

If Baldini's arrival is impending, how has it aided negotiations?

I can just imagine us discussing a potential move with Paulinho.

Would you like to join our club? 'No'

You do realise we're getting Baldini in? 'Really, why didn't you say?! In that case, then Hell Yeah, I'm interested!!'

I assume it means that we have an extra body involved in the negotiations, rather than being a draw for players.

But if his arrival is only impending then that would lead me to think that Baldini has contributed nothing at this stage. So, he can't have aided negotiations all that much really. Even if he can aid negotiations when he does arrive.

But if his arrival is only impending then that would lead me to think that Baldini has contributed nothing at this stage. So, he can't have aided negotiations all that much really. Even if he can aid negotiations when he does arrive.

Well obviously I don't really believe ITK but if what they're saying is true, Baldini has already taken the job in all but name and is already working.

Probably gonna end up without either Baldini or Paulinho ;)

Direct quotes from Paulinho at the Confed cup. he has said his agent is in England but he doesn't know more at this time. He said he expects his agent to tell him something very soon. Does seem like something is happening.

Back