• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paul Mitchell - Head of Recruitment and Analysis

I assumed his 'team' would be coming with him?

Although tbf they looked like a bunch of part time students in the video, probably easily replaced
People with the aptitude for and interest in the job are going to be relatively scarce and highly sought after. If he hasn't bought them with him, it will take him months to recruit and train a new team.

People with the aptitude for and interest in the job are going to be relatively scarce and highly sought after. If he hasn't bought them with him, it will take him months to recruit and train a new team.

Watching videos of football and calculating figures, sounds like a dream job for all sorts of numerate grads.

article-2324301-19C594EB000005DC-79_634x439.jpg

full time for 11,300 pa

i hope i dont give away too much about myself, but that's laughable.

Why pay decent money when there's a long line of desperate people that would do it for free? You see it in all the branches of the entertainment industry. Some will do anything to get in and the top men would rather pay the stars that extra million they don't need than provide a decent living for those that provide the slave labour.

That is taking the **** though, christ i think the last time i worked for that little money was when i was err 16 or maybe in fact never.

we might all ready have a team in place ( you would imagine a top level team would have some kind of in house analysis team)

There aren't that many of them though and they are in demand.

There are quite a few young guys who have been released from football clubs who have gone on to do a sports science degree at Loughbrough I do not want to bore people but I know of one such guy.

Also actually I think this was the same route our very own Kieran Mckenna took.

full time for 11,300 pa

i hope i dont give away too much about myself, but that's laughable.

Is that even in minimum wage? can not be bothered to do the maths. I think this is like those unpaid internships I have been reading about. They pay you just enough to live on and then who ever does this job they can after 2 years get a job at a league football club and be on up to £26,000 a year which is what I imagine is the living wage that Labour lot keep going on about.

Is that even in minimum wage? can not be bothered to do the maths. I think this is like those unpaid internships I have been reading about. They pay you just enough to live on and then who ever does this job they can after 2 years get a job at a league football club and be on up to £26,000 a year which is what I imagine is the living wage that Labour lot keep going on about.

Its well below minimum wage if its 40 hours per week (13.5k)

... unless he still has a backup copy on his thumbdrive ....

i wonder if he has already been tracking our players and have them on file, given that there was always the possibility of a player swap in our transfer discussions.

I wonder how long this has been in the pipeline?
He could have spent the last 6 months identifying the players we need in his database as Poch identifies who needs replacing

Welcome to the club. No doubt better transfer target identification (and current player evaluation) is an area where there's room for improvement!

It isn't a sign of Poch being backed for the long-term. It is a sign tha the club probably need to furnish Poch with the right tools in order for him to succeed or fail. If anything, re-energising the club's structure to the liking of Poch, merely places the pressure to perform squarely at Poch's door.

He doesn't have AVB's excuse of having to come into a post-Redknapp club butchered of any stable long-term planning or structure about to sell off all of its best players without the proper infrastructure or ability to properly source adequate replacements.

There really isn't anyone that will be backed for the long-term unless the short term results and performances are at least adequate. I think it does indicate that Levy and the club is a lot more patient with Poch than some of the fans, including some on here, are.

You thought we were in a more stable "long-term planning and structure" this summer than we were when AVB took over? I presume you're thinking of Baldini? But having just gotten rid of at least one head coach and one caretaker head coach in the last 7 month, with one previous technical director leaving by the way of caretaker and our DoF/sporting director/technical director/Baldini only having been at the club for a year we were hardly the glossy poster of long term planning and structure.

IT will take him the best part of a year to hire and train people and to get anything like the setup he had at southampton.
And that's assuming Southampton don't own the IP for whatever software he was using.

Any reason to think that there was a lot of individually developed software being used at Southampton?

He could have spent the last 6 months identifying the players we need in his database as Poch identifies who needs replacing

Yeah this. While touted as a Baldini recommendation, I'm sure Poch has been in touch with Mitch all these while.

In any case the data and stat on potential players don't change much, it's more about assessing the squad we have that will take more time to ensure the best fit.

I doubt that Southampton would have released him early if there was any suggestion that he had been doing work for us using their kit and on their time for the last six months.

I think this is a recent decision based on the poor performance of the squad this season
You might be right but I hope not. Short-termism and being reactive has been the scourge of our club. I would be much happier if this was part of Baldini restructuring and modernising the club.

I mean Mitchell being the recent decision not the position he's filled. I think (well I hope) we've been assessng lots of people for the role.

I don't think he's been doing Spurs work before his official appointment.

Back