• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paul Mitchell - Head of Recruitment and Analysis

... unless he still has a backup copy on his thumbdrive ....

i wonder if he has already been tracking our players and have them on file, given that there was always the possibility of a player swap in our transfer discussions.

Well if one of the journos is to be believed (can't remember which one), he has already compiled a list of alternatives to Poch's two primary transfer targets for January (Moreno & Rodriguez).

I think that we should be careful about our short term expectations with this appointment. It will take him a while to get a set like he had at Southampton established and recruit a team working to him.

nah, he's responsible from now, in fact, like baldini, he's accountable for players we've already signed as well, surely he's been directing things secretly for months

I wonder what the current structure will end up like. At the moment it still appears a bit lop-sided

Baldini - Technical Director
______________¦_____________
¦ ¦
Mitchell - Head of Recruitment Pochettino - Head Coach
____________¦ ¦_________________________
¦ ¦ ¦ ¦
Broomfield Perez Jiminez D'Agostino

I'd expect some scouting/analysis recruitment in the coming months to report into Mitchell

I wonder what the current structure will end up like. At the moment it still appears a bit lop-sided

Baldini - Technical Director
______________¦_____________
¦ ¦
Mitchell - Head of Recruitment Pochettino - Head Coach
____________¦ ¦_________________________
¦ ¦ ¦ ¦
Broomfield Perez Jiminez D'Agostino

I'd expect some scouting/analysis recruitment in the coming months to report into Mitchell

I would have thought the organogram looks more like:

----------------------------------------Levy (Chairman)
-------------I
--------Baldini (DoF)-----------------------------------Collecott (Operations)--------------------Cullen (Comms)
------------I
Poch-Mitchell-McDermott-Diesel-Eales
(Coaching)-(Scouting)-(Academy)-(Medical)-(Secretariat)

I.e all the footballing matters come under Baldini at director level.

I read the other day that Broomfield is only back part-time in a sort of consulting capacity?

I read the other day that Broomfield is only back part-time in a sort of consulting capacity?

Do you remember where you read this? He was set to join Arsenal as chief scout when we stepped in and hijacked the move. It would be strange to turn down a permanent job at a Champions League club for consultancy with us.

I wonder if Southampton will now go out and find A successor to Mitchell who very quickly into his new job manages to identify and help secure the next Messi/Ronaldo ))

Do you remember where you read this? He was set to join Arsenal as chief scout when we stepped in and hijacked the move. It would be strange to turn down a permanent job at a Champions League club for consultancy with us.

No - sorry. It may have just been another thread here.

This is very tenuous, but it's what (possibly) his LinkedIn page says: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ian-broomfield/12/5a9/4b (although it does say Hotspurs)

I don't think there's ever been an official announcement about his reemployment. I think the nub of the consultancy thing I read was that it allowed him to keep doing his other private work too. In the areas I've worked, consultants get paid far more then employed staff. Resigning or leaving under redundancy and coming back as a consultant earning lots more is fairly common in the public sector.

I think we have to be careful not to assume that this means Poch is being backed for the long term. After all, AVB was very much behind Balidini's recruitment iirc and look how all that turned out.

As always, Poch's future prospects will be down to results and performances on the field.

I think we have to be careful not to assume that this means Poch is being backed for the long term. After all, AVB was very much behind Balidini's recruitment iirc and look how all that turned out.

As always, Poch's future prospects will be down to results and performances on the field.

Yeah. It's never wise to bind yourself too closely to someone else, rather than establishing your own independent powerbase. Look what happened to poor Chris Ramsey.

It isn't a sign of Poch being backed for the long-term. It is a sign tha the club probably need to furnish Poch with the right tools in order for him to succeed or fail. If anything, re-energising the club's structure to the liking of Poch, merely places the pressure to perform squarely at Poch's door.

He doesn't have AVB's excuse of having to come into a post-Redknapp club butchered of any stable long-term planning or structure about to sell off all of its best players without the proper infrastructure or ability to properly source adequate replacements.

With the caveat being that AVB effectively engineered his own exit.

I think that we should be careful about our short term expectations with this appointment. It will take him a while to get a set like he had at Southampton established and recruit a team working to him.

Could not agree more, in todays game some fans demand instant success and it rarely happens and players/managers etc are written off far too soon.

Has he 'recruited' anyone yet?

IT will take him the best part of a year to hire and train people and to get anything like the setup he had at southampton.
And that's assuming Southampton don't own the IP for whatever software he was using.

I assumed his 'team' would be coming with him?

Although tbf they looked like a bunch of part time students in the video, probably easily replaced

Back