• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pau Lopez

What do you mean?

I mean he's a youth goalkeeper who very few people will have any reasonably informed view on whether he's remotely half-decent, and loads of players who appear decent at youth level ultimately fail to make it at a senior level anyway.

So bringing in Lopez, who has already played in la Liga and been in the Spain squad despite only being 21 and for just €6m seems potentially like a great deal. Whereas, for the reasons mentioned above, McGee might well never make it and we have no reason to believe that he will make it - he also turns 21 in a couple weeks and I dont believe has played senior football yet. So I dont see why we should care whether the Lopez signing impacts him. From a lot of the youth reports, Glover (still 18) is the better prospect anyway isnt he?

I mean he's a youth goalkeeper who very few people will have any reasonably informed view on whether he's remotely half-decent, and loads of players who appear decent at youth level ultimately fail to make it at a senior level anyway.

So bringing in Lopez, who has already played in la Liga and been in the Spain squad despite only being 21 and for just €6m seems potentially like a great deal. Whereas, for the reasons mentioned above, McGee might well never make it and we have no reason to believe that he will make it - he also turns 21 in a couple weeks and I dont believe has played senior football yet. So I dont see why we should care whether the Lopez signing impacts him. From a lot of the youth reports, Glover (still 18) is the better prospect anyway isnt he?

Hmmm, fair enough. Don't have a view either way to be honest. Will be interesting to see what happens regardless

I've seen McGee and he's nowhere near as good as Daines, Kendall or Walker at the same stage of their careers, so I imagine they may be looking for better options.

I've seen McGee and he's nowhere near as good as Daines, Kendall or Walker at the same stage of their careers, so I imagine they may be looking for better options.

You don't really need a better 3rd GK. If your first two get injured, you just emergency loan or bring in an old timer free agent like Steve Harper. 3rd GKs are more about playing for the U21s, then moving them on after 2 seasons if they aren't good enough to move to #1 or #2.

I'd imagine getting Lopez will mean Vorm will be off in January (it probably would have been now if Lloris wasn't injured and Lopez wouldn't have to come straight into the starting lineup).

This one is obviously done. Personally, I suspect confirmation has been delayed because confidence isn't as high as we'd hope that the other deals will get over the line and they want something to announce tomorrow.

Being reported as a done deal in some outlets.

Sort of a brave move for him, to foreign climes, as I'm sure he could have picked up a starting spot in the PL easily if he wanted.
Good to see he wants to broaden his horizons, might learn to pass and kick the ball properly instead of just shouting mindless gibberish and making noise. If he continues, At least there won't be a language barrier.

So Lloris, Vorm and Lopez?? Seems like great depth. Even with CL and cups, can we keep them all?

Pretty sure Vorm will move for first team football next window. Probably would have gone this one but for Lloris' injury.

Unless you are a serial back-up like Cudicini, 2 years on the bench is probably enough, especially as Vorm isn't that old for a GK.

Back