• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Passing Chalkboards thread

0333MpL.jpg

mxvjJCO.jpg

Z1Cg9za.jpg

5RxecQu.jpg

0Ewv4Hx.jpg

xudjWro.jpg

VpTq4tE.jpg

eGjDMXw.jpg

Ft5XUEm.jpg

vQJ7oMP.jpg

fJpH6Vp.jpg

H6TSrUd.jpg

XUEmo2O.jpg

mvo1VCy.jpg

Interesting the huge difference in the amount that Soldado got involved in the 2 games.
He was definitely a bit isolated today.

Against Palace Lloris found a teammate with 1 out of 11 long kicks
Against Sawns Lloris found a teammate with 1 out of 9 long kicks

Those maps suggest the criticism of Walker in the match thread is unwarranted,

They also suggest that Paulinho, Dembele, Capoue and Chadli are the basis of a good possession game that can only get better with experience together.

Those maps suggest the criticism of Walker in the match thread is unwarranted,

They also suggest that Paulinho, Dembele, Capoue and Chadli are the basis of a good possession game that can only get better with experience together.

Considering that almost all of his balls into the box ended up being cut out, and all but two of his attempted cut-backs and crosses ended up being cut out at the near post....I`d say some criticism of him is warranted.

He`s not that bad a defender, and he`ll improve with time. But his crossing and decision-making in the box have both been sub-par over the last few years, and that`s a valid point to make considering that those faults showed up again today.

Interesting thread. I didn't realise that Chadli had been that involved, partly because he, Capoue and Paulinho all look kinda similar when watching on the computer.

Considering that almost all of his balls into the box ended up being cut out, and all but two of his attempted cut-backs and crosses ended up being cut out at the near post....I`d say some criticism of him is warranted.

He`s not that bad a defender, and he`ll improve with time. But his crossing and decision-making in the box have both been sub-par over the last few years, and that`s a valid point to make considering that those faults showed up again today.

Maybe today that is largely true, but Swansea are a better team. Also look at Rose today, similar results when forward and probably worse from deeper. No one is picking on him.

Charts confirm something I was saying last season, that given his technical ability on the ball Vertonghen is puzzlingly averse to a long pass. Surely it should be him attempting these when bringing the ball out of defence rather than Dawson?

S'pose he knows how to achieve a high pass success rate though!

Charts confirm something I was saying last season, that given his technical ability on the ball Vertonghen is puzzlingly averse to a long pass. Surely it should be him attempting these when bringing the ball out of defence rather than Dawson?

S'pose he knows how to achieve a high pass success rate though!

Ajax school of football. Playing from the back, not just punting it forward.

Other teams will give Dawson more freedom to bring the ball out from the back seeing as they will know he's not as good on the ball as Vertonghen. That seemed pretty clear against Swansea for example.

Ajax school of football. Playing from the back, not just punting it forward.

Other teams will give Dawson more freedom to bring the ball out from the back seeing as they will know he's not as good on the ball as Vertonghen. That seemed pretty clear against Swansea for example.

Thing is it's it's usually Verts that's passing the ball to Daws almost as though he's been told to. To be fair though, Daws does seem to be getting better nowadays, just think Verts would be significantly better still.

Thing is it's it's usually Verts that's passing the ball to Daws almost as though he's been told to. To be fair though, Daws does seem to be getting better nowadays, just think Verts would be significantly better still.

Well they play right next to each other, obviously Vertonghen will pass it to Dawson a considerable amount. If he can't find a good option in front of him then passing it either to the full back or to Dawson is really the only viable option apart from playing it long.

To put it like this, I don't think Vertonghen played more long balls when next to Gallas so it's not like he's changing his style to let Dawson control our buildup play.

I think Vertoghen just isnt getting involved properly in our distribution from the back until he gets his fitness up. He definitely played it forward from the back a lot last season.

Maybe today that is largely true, but Swansea are a better team. Also look at Rose today, similar results when forward and probably worse from deeper. No one is picking on him.

Walker has been a first-team regular in the Premier League for three seasons now: firstly at Villa and then at Spurs under both Redknapp and AVB. Rose is coming off the back of his only regular PL season at Sunderland. That`s probably why people expect more from Walker than they do from Rose.

I`d like to think I`m not overly critical of any of our lads, and that includes Walker: for me, his strength, pace and defensive abilities when on form far outweigh his impotence in attack, and he should also get a lot better going forward as he approaches his peak. But there is room for gentle criticism of the lad, and in a system like the one we seem to be trying to implement, where the full-backs are almost solely responsible for providing width (with the inside-forwards cutting inside to provide Bobby with support), he`s too important a cog to be allowed to get away with somewhat sub-par crossing and decision-making in the penalty area. Fine, maybe asking him to miraculously improve his crossing is a bit much, but at the very least he could conceivably start looking up a bit more when bursting towards the touchline: a lot of the time the likes of Dembele and Paulinho make runs to the penalty spot, only to be ignored as Walker puts in a cross that`s blocked at the near post. A few more cut-backs (like the one he pinged towards Chadli yesterday) would do no end of good for our chance creation rate.

Back