• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pape Chiekh Diop

Does anybody think we are in for him at all?

It seems a strange signing to me and I can't help wonder whether we are just being used to increase a transfer fee/wage offer from elsewhere?

Does anybody think we are in for him at all?

It seems a strange signing to me and I can't help wonder whether we are just being used to increase a transfer fee/wage offer from elsewhere?
Why does it seem a strange signing? Because you havent heard of him? He is young, lot of ability and apparently would suit Poch's pressing game and wouldnt cost that much so not sure what is strange about it....

Why does it seem a strange signing? Because you havent heard of him? He is young, lot of ability and apparently would suit Poch's pressing game and wouldnt cost that much so not sure what is strange about it....
The thing I find strange about it is that he is apparently available for only £9 million and we haven't yet managed to agree a fee with Celta Vigo for him. I know we're not in the habit of just throwing money around, but this one seems reasonable enough in terms of price so if we wanted him then I would've assumed that we would've agreed the fee by now?

The thing I find strange about it is that he is apparently available for only £9 million and we haven't yet managed to agree a fee with Celta Vigo for him. I know we're not in the habit of just throwing money around, but this one seems reasonable enough in terms of price so if we wanted him then I would've assumed that we would've agreed the fee by now?

He has a 25 mill release clause. I doubt Celta expect that much but probably more than 9mill. PL tax remember;)

Lyon sign Diop
Lyon have completed the signing of Spain Under-19 midfielder Pape Cheikh Diop.

The 20-year-old, who had reportedly been on Tottenham’s radar, joins Bruno Genesio’s side from Celta Vigo for a reported fee of 10million euros (£9.3million), with a further 4million euros in add-ons.

Diop scored one goal in 22 LaLiga outings for Celta Vigo, with 17 of those appearances coming as a substitute.

Lyon tweeted a picture of Diop wearing the club kit and announced a press conference for Tuesday afternoon.

Lyon chairman Jean-Michel Aulas told the club’s official website: “We came to an agreement.

“He’s a young player. We’re making some high-end investments at the moment.”

I would have quite liked him, from what I read it sounds like he's a very good prospect. Lyon tend to sign decent young players so a good sign, on the plus side they tend to sell them as well so you never know. We do tend to keep long running interest in players, definitely one to watch.

Back