• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our scouting network

If I was Mitchell I'd stay where I am, certainly not leave for Spurs madhouse anyway.

Typical Levy.what a mess

First thing I do on football manager is get a whole new scouting network in because if that's to be believed, ours is awful. I make sure I have two for each continent at the minimum.

Ours needs an overhaul, but you'd think Baldini / Poch would have an idea on who to get in. I'd happily take the job.

First thing I do on football manager is get a whole new scouting network in because if that's to be believed, ours is awful. I make sure I have two for each continent at the minimum.

Ours needs an overhaul, but you'd think Baldini / Poch would have an idea on who to get in. I'd happily take the job.

I thought Broomfield came back recently. Which was meant to have south America covered. If gutterboy is to be believed that is where Baldini has his links as well so really we do not need anyone over there just Europe, Asia and America.

But also I keep seeing that we take players on trial we had over an Australian goalkeeper last year for a trial so someone is doing something.

Really?
Scouting in FM is pretty rubbish.
One it compares the players ability and potential ability to your best player in that position using the silly star system. So if your best centre half was Kaboul then every centre half in the world comes back as 5 star.
Its way too hard to sign young players with all the work permit restrictions etc that its not worth the effort most of the time.

Tottenham target Paul Mitchell has been lauded by his former boss before his apparent move from Southampton.

Mitchell was a former skipper of the MK Dons before injury cut his career short at the age of 27.

However, he maintained close ties with the club and became involved in recruitment.

Mitchell proved a great hit with the Dons, so much so that his services were taken up by Southampton where he has been credited for much of The Saints' recent success.

He worked under Mauricio Pochettino before the Argentinian moved to White Hart Lane and it has since been reported Mitchell has tendered his resignation at Southampton.

He is believed to be on his way to Spurs to boost their flagging fortunes and improve their recruitment strategy.

And his former boss, MK Dons manager Karl Robinson, is full of praise for Mitchell.

He told MKWeb: “He is a good fella and he knows the game.

“He came in and we didn’t have anything, and I wanted a recruitment department, so the chairman backed me on that and backed me on the appointment of Mitch.

“He’s a very good, solid person and he’s opinionated, which you have to be, and the higher you go the more opinionated and firmer you have to be in your decision-making, and he’s done really well, so hopefully he can continue that.

“It’s great for us because we know we have someone competing at the highest level.

“Not only have the players come through this system and gone on to bigger and better things, it’s the same thing with the staff.

“There are an awful lot of people who have been here and achieved a lot in the game.

“Mitch is certainly indebted to the chairman and John Cove and he’s such a lovely person.”

http://www.mkweb.co.uk/TOTTENHAM/story-24551680-detail/story.html

Really?
Scouting in FM is pretty rubbish.
One it compares the players ability and potential ability to your best player in that position using the silly star system. So if your best centre half was Kaboul then every centre half in the world comes back as 5 star.
Its way too hard to sign young players with all the work permit restrictions etc that its not worth the effort most of the time.

The star rating is based on your standing/ranking as a club, not on your best players ability/potential.

Ronald Koeman has confirmed that Paul Mitchell is to join Spurs.

According to the Daily Mail, he will join in the new year, when his notice period has expired.

Tottenham's pursuit of Saints staff and players is 'a compliment' says Koeman

Ronald Koeman claims Southampton should take it as a compliment that Tottenham are not only trying to snatch the Saints' best players but also the club's back-room staff.

Southampton's highly-rated head of recruitment Paul Mitchell -- credited for securing the likes of Graziano Pelle, Dusan Tadic and Sadio Mane in the summer -- has left St Mary's and is expected to link up with former boss Mauricio Pochettino at Tottenham.

Spurs also retain a keen interest in Saints duo Morgan Schneiderlin and Jay Rodriguez, both of whom they pursued in the summer, and it is hoped Mitchell can help renovate Pochettino's struggling squad.

"It is a compliment for us that Tottenham are not just trying to buy football players, they are also trying to buy our scouts," Koeman said.

"That is a compliment for us because that means maybe we have a better structure than they have."

Koeman continued: "For the last few years Southampton has had a good structure.

"There is a strong academy, good young players, a technical director in Les Reed who has the club's long term interests at heart - that is the quality of the club.

"It is a good structure and it is a pleasure to work in that."

Tottenham's off-field structure is more politically charged with director of football Franco Baldini and chairman Daniel Levy both having a large input in the club's transfer policy.

Levy will hope Mitchell can bring the same sort of talent-spotting expertise to White Hart Lane that has helped Southampton go 14 points clear of Spurs in the Barclays Premier League table.

"He was important in that (summer transfer strategy) because we had a good scouting list and had to change a lot of our team," Koeman said.

"We like to keep everybody and Mitch did a great job in the club but on the other hand, we understand his decision because it's football.

"People are always changing clubs. Southampton does not depend on one person.

"The final decision lies with the club, they agreed with Paul Mitchell he could leave the club.

"We will bring in a good person to continue our philosophy and good luck to Paul at Tottenham."

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/barclays-pr...-are-trying-to-snatch-the-saints-best-players

We took their Manager, head scout, want their players........ i guess we will be taking the dinner ladies next.

It happens all the time.

Manager joins new club. Wants to take players and backroom staff with him.

There's nothing new about it. The media are just making a big deal about how well run Southampton are and how poorly run Spurs are simply because they are currently doing well while Spurs aren't. The media conveniently ignore the fact that Spurs has consistently been a top six (more like top five) club for most of the past eight seasons and has been the only club to challenge the established Champions League and oil funded clubs. Badly run clubs don't do that.

Baldini + Mitchell + Mackenzie, with Broomfield and Pleat still doing a bit of consultant work, is getting more like it in terms of a network

I hope they keep focusing on bringing in players at academy level/age, like Yahaya, Azzaoui, Lazar and Alli.

Has Broomfield gone back to QPR again? Redknapp's comments yesterday suggest this. Or is he just confusing things?

"I think there's every chance Tim will go there, Les is there and Chris Ramsey and they got a chief scout [Ian Broomfield] from Tottenham," Redknapp told BBC Radio 5Live

http://uk.soccerway.com/news/2015/February/08/redknapp-qpr-set-up-for-sherwood/n543108/

I think that it is Redknapp talking gonad*s. I cannot see him leaving us for them less than a year after moving in the opposite direction. Especially when you think that he was set to join Arsenal before we made a move.

I think that it is Redknapp talking cobblers. I cannot see him leaving us for them less than a year after moving in the opposite direction. Especially when you think that he was set to join Arsenal before we made a move.

His LinkedIn page says he's a Consultant for us, so perhaps we never retained him and he's freelancing for more than one club?

His LinkedIn page says he's a Consultant for us, so perhaps we never retained him and he's freelancing for more than one club?

jb4740.png

Hotspurs?

Back