• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our Record Away to Big Six - Since 15/16

AjaxDeSuperYids

Drama queen
Comes up every time we play away to one of these teams, that apparently we have an awful record. No context of course, such as the difficulty of such games and that the other sides also generally struggle - here's our record since the 15/16 season.

15/16
Chelsea (D) 2-2
Arsenal (D) 1-1
Liverpool (D) 1-1
Man Utd (L) 1-0
Emirates Marketing Project (W) 1-2

16/17
Chelsea (L) 2-1
Arsenal (D) 1-1
Liverpool (L) 2-0
Man Utd (L) 1-0
Emirates Marketing Project (D) 2-2

17/18
Chelsea (W) 1-3
Arsenal (L) 2-0
Liverpool (D) 2-2
Man Utd (L) 1-0
Emirates Marketing Project (L) 4-1

18/19
Man Utd (W) 0-3

Will be interesting to see how we compare to the others. I'd imagine we might well be second behind City. And if not, I doubt we're far behind the others ahead of us.

Anyone care to do another teams set of results over the same period? I kept the easy one for myself :D

Arsenal 5 points

15/16
Chelsea (L) 0-2
Liverpool (D) 3-3
Man Utd (L) 2-3
Tottenham (D) 2-2

16/17
Chelsea (L) 1-3
Liverpool (L) 1-3
Emirates Marketing Project (L) 1-2
Man Utd (D) 1-1
Tottenham (L) 0-2

17/18
Chelsea (D) 0-0
Liverpool (L) 0-4
Emirates Marketing Project (L) 1-3
Man Utd (L) 1-2
Tottenham (L) 0-1

Chelsea 15 points

15/16
Arsenal (W) 1-0
Liverpool (D) 1-1
Emirates Marketing Project (L) 0-3
Man Utd (D) 0-0
Tottenham (D) 0-0

16/17
Arsenal (L) 0-3
Liverpool (D) 1-1
Emirates Marketing Project (W) 3-1
Man Utd (L) 0-2
Tottenham (L) 0-2

17/18
Arsenal (D) 2-2
Liverpool (D) 1-1
Emirates Marketing Project (L) 0-1
Man Utd (L) 1-2
Tottenham (W) 2-1

Liverpool 18 points

15/16
Arsenal (D) 0-0
Chelsea (W) 3-1
Emirates Marketing Project (W) 4-1
Man Utd (L) 1-3
Tottenham (D) 0-0

16/17
Arsenal (W) 4-3
Chelsea (W) 2-1
Emirates Marketing Project (D) 1-1
Man Utd (D) 1-1
Tottenham (D) 1-1

17/18
Arsenal (D) 3-3
Chelsea (L) 0-1
Emirates Marketing Project (L) 0-5
Man Utd (L) 1-2
Tottenham (L) 1-4

Emirates Marketing Project 20 points

15/16
Arsenal (L) 1-2
Chelsea (W) 3-0
Liverpool (L) 0-3
Man Utd (D) 0-0
Tottenham (L) 1-4

16/17
Arsenal (D) 2-2
Chelsea (L) 1-2
Liverpool (L) 0-1
Man Utd (W) 2-1
Tottenham (L) 0-2

17/18
Arsenal (W) 3-0
Chelsea (W) 1-0
Liverpool (L) 3-4
Man Utd (W) 2-1
Tottenham (W) 3-1

Man Utd 16 points

15/16
Arsenal (L) 1-3
Chelsea (D) 1-1
Liverpool (W) 1-0
Emirates Marketing Project (W) 1-0
Tottenham (L) 0-3

16/17
Arsenal (L) 0-2
Chelsea (L) 0-4
Liverpool (D) 0-0
Emirates Marketing Project (D) 0-0
Tottenham (L) 1-2

17/18
Arsenal (W) 3-1
Chelsea (L) 0-1
Liverpool (D) 0-0
Emirates Marketing Project (W) 3-2
Tottenham (L) 0-2

Tottenham 12 points

Which isn't bad for a team that, over three years, has been developing and growing into a stronger, more confident outfit.

Arsenal 5 points

15/16
Chelsea (L) 0-2
Liverpool (D) 3-3
Man Utd (L) 2-3
Tottenham (D) 2-2

16/17
Chelsea (L) 1-3
Liverpool (L) 1-3
Emirates Marketing Project (L) 1-2
Man Utd (D) 1-1
Tottenham (L) 0-2

17/18
Chelsea (D) 0-0
Liverpool (L) 0-4
Emirates Marketing Project (L) 1-3
Man Utd (L) 1-2
Tottenham (L) 0-1

Chelsea 15 points

15/16
Arsenal (W) 1-0
Liverpool (D) 1-1
Emirates Marketing Project (L) 0-3
Man Utd (D) 0-0
Tottenham (D) 0-0

16/17
Arsenal (L) 0-3
Liverpool (D) 1-1
Emirates Marketing Project (W) 3-1
Man Utd (L) 0-2
Tottenham (L) 0-2

17/18
Arsenal (D) 2-2
Liverpool (D) 1-1
Emirates Marketing Project (L) 0-1
Man Utd (L) 1-2
Tottenham (W) 2-1

Liverpool 18 points

15/16
Arsenal (D) 0-0
Chelsea (W) 3-1
Emirates Marketing Project (W) 4-1
Man Utd (L) 1-3
Tottenham (D) 0-0

16/17
Arsenal (W) 4-3
Chelsea (W) 2-1
Emirates Marketing Project (D) 1-1
Man Utd (D) 1-1
Tottenham (D) 1-1

17/18
Arsenal (D) 3-3
Chelsea (L) 0-1
Emirates Marketing Project (L) 0-5
Man Utd (L) 1-2
Tottenham (L) 1-4

Emirates Marketing Project 20 points

15/16
Arsenal (L) 1-2
Chelsea (W) 3-0
Liverpool (L) 0-3
Man Utd (D) 0-0
Tottenham (L) 1-4

16/17
Arsenal (D) 2-2
Chelsea (L) 1-2
Liverpool (L) 0-1
Man Utd (W) 2-1
Tottenham (L) 0-2

17/18
Arsenal (W) 3-0
Chelsea (W) 1-0
Liverpool (L) 3-4
Man Utd (W) 2-1
Tottenham (W) 3-1

Man Utd 16 points

15/16
Arsenal (L) 1-3
Chelsea (D) 1-1
Liverpool (W) 1-0
Emirates Marketing Project (W) 1-0
Tottenham (L) 0-3

16/17
Arsenal (L) 0-2
Chelsea (L) 0-4
Liverpool (D) 0-0
Emirates Marketing Project (D) 0-0
Tottenham (L) 1-2

17/18
Arsenal (W) 3-1
Chelsea (L) 0-1
Liverpool (D) 0-0
Emirates Marketing Project (W) 3-2
Tottenham (L) 0-2

Tottenham 12 points

Amazingly quick work!

So adding this season in, Emirates Marketing Project are clear at the top, then three points separates ourselves, united, chelsea and pool, with arsenal last with an abysmal record.

So only one club should be mentioned for their poor record when these big six games come about!

Amazingly quick work!

So adding this season in, Emirates Marketing Project are clear at the top, then three points separates ourselves, united, chelsea and pool, with arsenal last with an abysmal record.

So only one club should be mentioned for their poor record when these big six games come about!
I will trust the media to keep reporting on "statistics" with a ridiculous sample size without the proper context.

The record at Anfield is the next one to rectify now after Chelsea has been sorted. By rights we probably should have nailed that last season, but hey, 2-2 was still decent.

I know we won there a few years ago when VDV scored, but I am still not fully convinced Liverpool were bothered that afternoon with the winner that day qualifying for the EL

The record at Anfield is the next one to rectify now after Chelsea has been sorted. By rights we probably should have nailed that last season, but hey, 2-2 was still decent.

I know we won there a few years ago when VDV scored, but I am still not fully convinced Liverpool were bothered that afternoon with the winner that day qualifying for the EL
Tbf I wouldn’t want to view our Chelsea record as now ‘sorted’ just because we’ve won there once. If we go and lose there next time that win pales into insignificance, we need a few good results up there to really put it to bed...

winning away against the top sides is a differentiator between Europe and winning the thing
Exactly. It's basically the final piece. If you add 10 PTS onto our tally you're gonna be close to winning the league as it's not just the points you gain but the points you've stopped your direct rivals getting.

Too even think we are in a conversation about this one issue is remarkable because it basically says we have ticked all the other boxes that a top level team has to tick.

It's certainly not a stick to beat us with, just a poorly thought out narrative. All of the top 6 can't have good top 6 away records...it does not compute. We're not losing on purpose, they're bloody hard games.

Arsenal too. Our record at their place is poor. Last time we won there was 8 years ago. And we’ve been on a par with them or better than them during the majority of those 8 years.

Exactly. It's basically the final piece. If you add 10 PTS onto our tally you're gonna be close to winning the league as it's not just the points you gain but the points you've stopped your direct rivals getting.

Too even think we are in a conversation about this one issue is remarkable because it basically says we have ticked all the other boxes that a top level team has to tick.

It's certainly not a stick to beat us with, just a poorly thought out narrative. All of the top 6 can't have good top 6 away records...it does not compute. We're not losing on purpose, they're bloody hard games.

I think it comes down to belief. The players, the fans and the manager are all fully aware of the record. Listen to the way Harry Kane spoke after Monday night. Some fans argue the players don’t care or don’t know about the club’s history but I simply don’t buy that. There must be a reason why Mourinho for example wins big semi finals and finals whereas we seem to freeze more often than not.

What gets me is fans saying before we played united for example that they “wouldn’t take more than 1 or 2 of their players” but I guarantee you if we had lost to them people would have been saying how we’re doing well just to compete with them given our resources.

Back