• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our players backing each other up - do they do it enough in the heat of battle?

I would like to see a really, really strong but fair tackle afterwards for sure, further, I'd like to see our players let tossers like Lescott and Balotelli know they've crossed a line by verbally giving it to them...when Sidwell ran the claret out of Parker's head at Fulham I was also livid!!!!!

Against wolves, Frimpong was putting in a few borderline challenges. No one was standing up to him, until Parker clattered that little goon scummer. At the end of the day, you don't let teams do that to your players on "our manor".

Perhaps I should simplify my point:

1) I have noticed that due to our fast-pace possesion style of play, we seem to be attracting harder and more cynical tackles; i think it goes back to 2010 and the often rough treatment that Bale started to get
2) I think we our players do suffer such rough treatment, I would like to see our players make the guilty opposition player/players know that it is not on (i'm not even going to mention the word 'referee' as this seems to confuse people greatly)
3) When I say make them know, I don't mean 'hello dear sir, would it be possible for you to refrain from such behaviour please. Ta'; i mean the Harry Enfield style: "Oi!!! Nooooo!!! You don't go round 'ere' clattering our players!! If you do tha-attt; WE'LL HAVE YA!!!"
4) And/Or use, controlled aggression to make strong tackles especially on the player(s) who have tackled us wildly. I say controlled, so as to mean for it not to let us be distracted from our game (which most of the time is the point in the first place).
5) For me reacting as above shows some camaradore (i.e. I gotcha back, you got mine) amongst our players and that we are a good unit with good team spirit.
6) For me it would also show that we are not a soft touch and will not be physically bullied by the opposition. When the opposition know that it means they'll think twice before trying to use rough tactics on us; some teams will still always do so, but those who wouldn't normally but might just think about trying it will likely not bother (i.e. the standing up to the playground bully effect)

I hope I've made myself clear; If there is anything still unclear then please let me know.

Ta

Would imagine Huddlestone is a charater that would intimidate a few guys, wonder what would have happened if it was him instead of Modric who was next to parker as he got kicked in the head.

I thought I'd the upcoming Liverpool game to further illustrate my piont.

Rest assured they will come into this fired up after we handed the arses to them in September.
Expect LOTS of rough treatment because they KNOW when are passing game is on, they literally can't get close to us (e.g. the sendings off at WHL).

From the off, we HAVE to be physically up for it - no excuses. And no slow starting, like away to Stoke. If we do that again, as overated as Liverpool are, they WILL punish us much more ruthlessly than Stoke.

If Bale or Modric get a cruncher of a tackle (likely from Pub-player Adam) in the first 10 mins, I want someone in the side to go right into Adam's face saying 'what the F### you think you're doing, eh??'
I DO NOT want to see players just standing with their hands on hips not making a fuss at all, taking a swig of energy drink. If that happens you know that unless Parker does similar back then we are due to get out-muscled physically (especially if no card/warning from Ref) and mentally feel unable to play our stuff - which if we do Liverpool will barely keep up imo.

Back