• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our players backing each other up - do they do it enough in the heat of battle?

It was only VDV that seemed like he wanted to start something with Flamini after that cowardly tackle on Corluka (that in my opinion started the downfall in his time at Spurs). I know we had the last laugh in footballing terms but Flamini deserved a cheeky dig or two after that. clam. Uberclaming clam.

I think it happened too quickly and at an angle to really see what went on to be honest.

Very, very good point!

You weren't, whenever anyone else put their point across you told them they were wrong. That's not a reasoned debate.

:rolleyes:

Id love you to quote me on that...oh no, you cant can you.

The way I see it is this.

Spursalot disagree with me, and thats ok because you are only debating your opinion. Right?

I disagree with you, but me stating my opinion means that I am saying everybody else is wrong?

Ok, remind me to agree with you next time. Or better still, dont reply to my posts.

I have a feeling it's the latter, unfortunately...

I remember playing Boro at the Lane, when one of their lot went for Lennon after an incident, and Zokora and I think Hudd went for him like two pit bulls as Lennon just calmly strolled off.

Was good to see!!

Yes! This is the thing I'm talking about! NOT Keane and his United teammates trying to get refs to change penalty decisions etc.

Exactly.

All this Tottenham Way stuff is nonsense. We can still play football, and not cheat, but does that mean we should bend over and just take injustice??

"Oooh thats ok, stamp on our heads and smash our faces with your elbow......we are too pretty to do anything about it".

Pathetic approach in my opinion.....and why we keep getting f#cked over season after season.

I would like to see a really, really strong but fair tackle afterwards for sure, further, I'd like to see our players let tossers like Lescott and Balotelli know they've crossed a line by verbally giving it to them...when Sidwell ran the claret out of Parker's head at Fulham I was also livid!!!!!

The problem is we would get it wrong and end up with players being sent off, Man Utd, Chelski have been doing it for years and it now acceptable from them, we would just give the FA and excuse for stepping down on this unacceptable response.

I think people are not listening to the point of the thread. Its about players backing eachother up and letting the opposition and ref know that being stamped in the head, and smashed in the face with an elbow is not ok.

What exactly is the problem?

No one has said we should come on the pitch with baseball bats and start swinging.

I don't know why people are misunderstanding glorygloryeze's opening post . I actually posted similar on another forum and got similar misunderstandings .. Contesting every decision like throw-ins, is not the Tottenham way etc ..

Reminder what was written in the opening post :

I'm not saying Spurs players should act like assholes but I'd like to think that if/when any of our players is subjected to violence from the opposition (something more likely these days with our skill/pace) that some members of the team would act the big 'protective-charlie' and let it be known you don't mess with us.

This, not the Tottenham way I keep hearing about ... Well I'm old enough to have watched a small handful of Dave Mackay games for us. I also recall the likes of Graham Roberts and Paul Miller .. More recently we had Steffen Freund, Pat Van Da Hauwe, Tarrico all with a certain amount of self controlled responses to over aggression by the opposition and this is what some of us want to see...

There would have been nothing wrong in a small handbag type melee when Kaboul got forearmed smashed by Lescott..

Modric clearly saw what happened to Parker and there would've been nothing wrong if the little guy wagged an accusing finger at the loon and gestured with a foot stamp.

I just want to see my team be a little more like Dave Mackay...

I'd rather we play fair and not become whinging little bitches (like Scum and Chelscum and Liverpool players) and not get the rewards than stoop to their level and win games/trophies through unsporting behaviour. I can/will never respect the "invincibles" because they obtained that record through diving, cheating and bullying the referee into getting decisions/victories that they did not deserve. I'm rightly proud of the fact that we have a reputation for playing the game in the right spirit and would not wish us to compromise that.

I'd rather we play fair and not become whinging little bitches (like Scum and Chelscum and Liverpool players) and not get the rewards than stoop to their level and win games/trophies through unsporting behaviour. I can/will never respect the "invincibles" because they obtained that record through diving, cheating and bullying the referee into getting decisions/victories that they did not deserve. I'm rightly proud of the fact that we have a reputation for playing the game in the right spirit and would not wish us to compromise that.

Did you not read the post above?

NOBODY wants us to do that, and that is not what this thread is about. Its about our players not just walking off when one of their team mates has his head stamped on, or smashed with an elbow.

Its not about diving, and cheating, and whinging. Its about not letting players who cheat against US get away with it.

What do people not understand about that? And why the hell wouldnt you want our players to contest a decision that has completely f#cked us over?

Hands up who was LIVID after Stoke? But you dont want the players to be? ](*,)

I hope we never resort to surrounding the referee. It'll be 10x the achievement when we do win the league, the right way.

Back