• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OOMT: Sissoko's Heroes v Hull City

P H E N O M E N A L.

How do you take last season's late collapse and stuff it down the guffawing throats of every single one of the people who thought it defined Mauricio Pochettino's Tottenham Hotspur?

Like this.

Magnificently done, Harry. Actually, magnificently done Hugo, Kieran, Toby, Jan, Ben, Eric, Victor, Christian, Dele, Son, Harry, Mauricio, Jesus, Miguel and Toni. To watch us wake from our temporary slumber after Clucas' goal and almost nonchalantly *slaughter* Hull for their impertinence was ..... it was just emotional. I wanted Spurs to be a team that terrified the opposition before they ever set foot on the pitch. With that sort of revenge for *daring* to fight back, I think the marker has been suitably set.

This was a beautiful way to end a beautiful season. I wanted 74 points.

We ended up with E I G H T Y - S I X. EIGHTY SIX.

A goal difference of +60.

Take a bow, everyone. Audere Est Facere. And this season, you have definitely f*cking dared.

Great Post

Stan Collymore's tweet made me chuckle.
Won't post it due to the swearing but it's easy enough to find quickly looking through his post-match activity

https://twitter.com/StanCollymore

Gotta say that is a great thing to say about our squad. Such a winning mentality, and that kind of thing perpetuates itself more and more.

I will say though, we very obviously got sloppy at the start of the second half, and it wasn't good enough. We scored 7, but only after Hull came back and we realised we couldn't start being careless. Would have liked to not have seen us act careless in the first place though. It was worrying for a few minutes!!

Gotta say that is a great thing to say about our squad. Such a winning mentality, and that kind of thing perpetuates itself more and more.

I will say though, we very obviously got sloppy at the start of the second half, and it wasn't good enough. We scored 7, but only after Hull came back and we realised we couldn't start being careless. Would have liked to not have seen us act careless in the first place though. It was worrying for a few minutes!!

Good point about the professional mentality. We have been so ruthless in the last 2 games. Top teams have this character. I feel we are seeing the side maturing at a remarkable rate.

Funny thing is the last two games have made us look like Barca/Real in La Liga. These scorlines are are not normal in the PL. :)

Welcome to the new reality..........

OK maybe not but things are looking bright.

As to the naysayers, it's been said previously and I'd agree, WHY THE FVCK?!?!?! would you want to leave a team like this at the moment, when you're on the brink of becoming legends?

Blew the joint Golden Gloves for Hugo....

We got complacent and because of that we took out foot of the gas, i was watching Pooch and he went mental at our easing off. Needless to say after they scored their goal we lifted and scored 2 in the next few minutes. Another lesson learnt as i am sure Pooch let them know he was not happy about it.

It was great to finish the season with another big away win. Reports say this 7-1 win was our biggest ever away win in our history. Really glad Kane scored another hattrick to win the Golden Boot award as the top goal scorer of the league for the second consecutive season. Too bad we couldn't keep the clean sheet as it would have meant Lloris sharing the Golden Glove award with Courtois for keeping the most clean sheets(16). Instead, that moment of complacency stopped Lloris from winning our first ever Golden Glove award.

Credit to Kane, Alli, Wanyama, Davies and Alderweireld for the goals and Eriksen, Trippier, Son, Alli and Wanyama for the assists. Well done to Kane for winning the Golden Boot award by getting another hattrick to make it 7 goals in his last 2 matches for us. It is amazing he managed to finish the season as the league's top scorer with 29 league goals despite missing almost 3 months with injury. Too bad he didn't managed to get 1 more goal to make it 30 league goal of the season. Felt Pochettino should have let Kane play the whole match to try to get 1 more goal instead of replacing him with Janssen. Alli did well to score his 18th league goal of the season but he really should have scored the one-on-one chance in the second half. He was too casual to try to lob the goalie but it was easily saved. Credit to Wanyama for scoring his 4th league goal while Davies and Alderweireld too did well to score their first league goals of the season.

Our midfield didn't have to work hard as Hull were poor the whole match. Well done to Eriksen for getting another 2 assists. He finished the season with total 15 assists in the league but couldn't overtake De Bruyne who had 18 assists. Eriksen did really well this season but can still improve further next season especially his freekicks. Dembele came on late in the match but he really should be involving more in our goals like Wanyama. Thought Sissoko will make a huge impact when he came on but he failed to do so.

It is disappointing that our defence couldn't keep another clean sheet. Just like the Leicester match, it was another goal we could have avoided. This time it was Vertonghen who made the blunder when his weak back pass enabled them to go on to score their only goal. With Lloris needing to keep the clean sheet to win the Golden Glove award, it was annoying to concede the goal like that. This is why we should not send back passes needlessly. Well done to our defence for being arguably our best defence in our history. But they can still learn to be more alert in all the matches. Special mention to Trippier who had 2 assists with inch perfect crosses. He again proved that he is one of our best crosser of the ball.

It is satisfying to finish the season with another win while achieving our record 86 points in the league. But still it is disappointing not to win the league title or any other trophy this season. This is probably the best ever Spurs team not to win any trophies. We can be proud of the fact 86 points would have won the league title in 11 of the past 25 seasons of the PL era. But unfortunately for us, Chelsea achieved the 2nd highest league points of the PL era by getting 93 points. We should set the 86 points as the benchmark to follow and overtake next season so that we will be even closer to win the league title and other trophies.

P H E N O M E N A L.

How do you take last season's late collapse and stuff it down the guffawing throats of every single one of the people who thought it defined Mauricio Pochettino's Tottenham Hotspur?

Like this.

Magnificently done, Harry. Actually, magnificently done Hugo, Kieran, Toby, Jan, Ben, Eric, Victor, Christian, Dele, Son, Harry, Mauricio, Jesus, Miguel and Toni. To watch us wake from our temporary slumber after Clucas' goal and almost nonchalantly *slaughter* Hull for their impertinence was ..... it was just emotional. I wanted Spurs to be a team that terrified the opposition before they ever set foot on the pitch. With that sort of revenge for *daring* to fight back, I think the marker has been suitably set.

This was a beautiful way to end a beautiful season. I wanted 74 points.

We ended up with E I G H T Y - S I X. EIGHTY SIX.

A goal difference of +60.

Take a bow, everyone. Audere Est Facere. And this season, you have definitely f*cking dared.

This was a fantastic post! It totally felt as if the fact that Hull had the temerity to score, meant Spurs no longer felt any pity for them.

You would be a mug to want to leave this club, team, manager right now or even in the next couple of years

Just bonkers

Probably what Tom Huddlestone was thinking.

Seems like only yesterday he was the "next big thing", playing for Derby. Well, he was certainly big!

Hull were poor. I feel sorry for Ryan Mason next year.

P.S. How good must Wycombe be? One of our toughest games of the season.

Probably what Tom Huddlestone was thinking.

Seems like only yesterday he was the "next big thing", playing for Derby. Well, he was certainly big!

One of the most over rated players i have seen in a Spurs shirt, he never lived up to the hype that surrounded him.

Back