• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

One player from history - 2019/20 edition

If you could pick one player from our history for current team who would it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

milo

Jack L. Jones
We've done this three times before, here are the 2014/15, 2013/14 and 2012/13 threads.

Same question as previous years...If you could pick one player from our history to fit into and improve (or even complete) our current team who would it be and why?

A poll will be added when we have some names.

Christ, just 1?!!!!....

Can’t see one person having any effect on the current team. Those clams would have Hoddle playing like Stambouli within the month.

Christ, just 1?!!!!....

Can’t see one person having any effect on the current team. Those clams would have Hoddle playing like Stambouli within the month.

I'm putting that down as a nomination for Mabizela

Agreed. Could go past 2 or 3 easily, create chances and score himself. Get Sissoko/Winks/Dier/Ndombele or whoever to stay put and just give him the ball, would create havoc for the opposition and Kane would end up with 40 goals a season.

At the risk of sounding like @scaramanga, if you want to make an immediate improvement on this team, you replace Sissoko with a footballer. I love his athletecism, I can understand why he is selected but he severely limits how a team can play.

I'm surprised by the calls for Gazza. In the modern game, he'd be a #10 and I think that we have more pressing concerns further back.

Where are you playing him?

The options are exciting.

Given his ability to scorer 15+ goals a season, I'd be tempted to play him in behind Kane with the caveat that he would drop off and drift around/across/rotate with the front three.

Probably the best use of his talent, and one which would allow Kane, Son, Lo Celso and Alli to play, would be as one of the two deeper midfielders, so alongside an anchor such as Dier. It does leave Ndombele out in big games, but I think providing the defensive positions are solid and improved, we could absolutely get away with two ball-playing attack-minded CMs.

You could also play him on the right side of a three, with (say) Dier and Lamela or Lo Celso, leaving a front three of Son Kane and Alli, with Sessegnon and Foyth as FBs. Admittedly you'd want to make sure your CBs were rock solid, but let's be honest, if that side got ticking they'd be exciting to watch. Looking at this, I think options 1 and 3 work best. Anything to get that vision, sublime passing and goalscoring into our side. This is quite possibly the only reason I am not a manager BTW!!!!!

It’s Bale, he’s the best player we’ve ever had, as much skill and ability as anyone else but twice the athleticism.

He’d make any team from any point in history better, one of the all time greats.

A very good shout in fairness, as he would address a lot of what we need in one swoop!

Back