• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham vs Man U***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't see a clamour to vilify or spacegoat. I see fans discussing a game where we were second best and trying to identify areas where we can improve. Understandably, so of the attention is focusing on the right hand side of our team because that is where both of their goals came from and part of the reason for that is that our right back fell asleep.

There are issues in central midfield and I think that you'll find plenty of posts from posters who you are criticising saying that it is an area where we should strengthen in the next two windows. I think that we'll continue to have problems in midfield, though, all of the time that one of our central midfielders has to cover for an error prone fullback.

I don't think that we should have space for players in our squad who are only good enough to put in a performance against West Ham but fall to pieces whenever we face a team that tests them.

Well I’d suggest factors like moving players position, changing the CM pair, Rashfood being unplayable when on form, and not having our no 1 keeper available are as important as singling out Aurier.

Sissoko playing an attacking role for one game and then asked to defend in the next doesn’t allow a player to find his bearings. Ironically the setup was probably JM trying to counter Rashford.

Our CM options are all much of a muchness. All decent, none quite good enough. Who do you go for? Dier and Ndombele could come good but would need time and patience.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
This is a disappointing performance and result. After winning his first 3 matches, thought Mourinho will get at least a draw against his former team. Instead, we were poor and very fortunate not to get beaten by more goals. For the fourth consecutive match since Mourinho took over, we have conceded 2 goals. It seems like we need 3 goals to win any matches now. Unfortunately, our attack were toothless in this match apart from the moment of magic from Alli.

Credit to Alli for scoring our only goal. Good to see him continuing his good form under Mourinho. But apart from the wonder goal by Alli, we didn't create any real goal scoring chances and didn't look like scoring. All our attacking players were poor apart from the goal. Even Alli went missing after the goal. Moura scored 2 goals when we beat ManU 3-0 away last season but he didn't have any impact this time. Kane and Son were hardly involved in this match.

I think we lost this match in midfield. Sissoko and Winks got outplayed in midfield. This match shows yet again that Winks is not good enough to play against the big teams. Sissoko had a poor game. It was really stupid of Sissoko to concede the penalty like that for their second goal. I think Ndombele should have started this match.

Our defence is getting worse all the time. Thought Mourinho would improve our defence but even he cannot seem to do anything about it until now. Our defence made too many mistakes against ManU.Sanchez and Gazzaniga were directly at fault for the first goal. Sanchez should have done better to stop the attack while Gazzaniga should have saved the shot from his angle. But credit to Gazzaniga for pulling off a few important saves after that.

So, the honeymoon is over for Mourinho. Thought we can extend our winning run for a few more matches. But it is not really surprising as this is still Pochettino's team. Until Mourinho gets to buy his own players, don't expect to see much improvement in the team, especially defence. Until then, Mourinho needs to use all his experience to get the current players play to their best abilities.

We’ve known for literally years Aurier is not the strongest defensively. Vilifying him now is pointless. Especially as he’s put in decent - no excellent - performances in a more attacking role. He was unsellable prior to this.

Moreover, Aurier is not the core problem - despite their being a clamour to find a scape goat. Without an effective midfield, for example passing into space for Moura, our game falls apart. In theory, if Sissoko is covering FB Aurier should be bolstering midfield or overloading our wing.

The issue Poch had was not knowing his best team. I worry that Mourinho is in a similar position now. The sooner he can discern a team and formation, play it over and over, correct mistakes and build - the better.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The issue we had under Poch is he knew he didn't have a "best team" because he'd been looking to regenerate it for two seasons properly. M.a.u.r.e.e.n is now in the same boat IMO. As for passing into space for Moura, I personally do not think he offers enough for us to rejig everything we do to serve him, especially when it compromises the performances of others around him.

The issue we had under Poch is he knew he didn't have a "best team" because he'd been looking to regenerate it for two seasons properly. M.a.u.r.e.e.n is now in the same boat IMO. As for passing into space for Moura, I personally do not think he offers enough for us to rejig everything we do to serve him, especially when it compromises the performances of others around him.
That was only one of a long list of problems we had under Poch in the last 10 months. It's still a problem, but less of a problem than it was. A lot of the other problems are disappearing, though I suspect some will remain.

Back