• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham vs Man U***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sissoko covering the RB was a symptom of our issues today not the cause.

We had no controlled possession of the ball today so of course it kept coming back and that RB who seemingly has been instructed to venture up field was subsequently out of position.

The root of the problem though is not the cover it's our inability to control the pace or tempo of the game and that comes from the midfield. Keep the ball better, use it better and United don't have so much easy ball to pick and choose what they want to do. A better midfield and united would have never even had the ball to play it into the spaces they wanted too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

We conceded on 5 minutes ish and the same again second half
They scored and it was nothing to do with midfield and everything to do with shocking defending from our right
Chasing the game we had one of our CMs constantly covering the right.... you can’t control midfield when your that far away from midfield.. winks was woefully exposed

Extremely difficult when you are actually very stupid.
"Stupid is as stupid does"
Made for the Sanchez, Sissoko and Aurier axis of stupidity.
Our right side is a disaster, almost cost us the game at the Canning Town Caravan Club.

yes, the axis of ASS

They scored and it was nothing to do with midfield and everything to do with shocking defending from our right
Chasing the game we had one of our CMs constantly covering the right.... you can’t control midfield when your that far away from midfield.. winks was woefully exposed

Totally true. Because one guy can’t cope (Aurier with Rashford) everyone gets the knock on effect. Sissoko was basically a 2nd RB 2nd half. Such small margins in the PL, that lack of a body in CM will leave us very short.

It happened against Sheff Utd aswell. Poch hooked Dele for Foyth because Aurier was struggling. Cost us 2 points that day.

What a brick show!
We might end up needing 10 players, because that's how many we need to replace. We basically have no midfield bar Ndombele.
Dier doesn't seem to be working any longer
Winks, not good enough
Wanyama, perma crocked
Eriksen is leaving
Toby might leave
Verts might leave
Rose should leave
Sissoko is a squad player
Lamela is rarely available

We're never gonna buy replacements for all those in just 2-3 Windows, so some youngsters need to step up.

We're going to have to agree to disagree but when we have possession Sissoko does not to cover the RB yet our use of the ball was still awful. No tempo, no accuracy, no creativity this is not because Sissoko is covering Aurier on defense. It's because as a pairing they are bloody awful. A poor midfield does not mean the pass has to come directly from their CM area it means we have no control of the ball, it means they can comfortably do their work without any worry. The CM is the heart of any team and if you do t get that right the entire team can not function. Notice today how little of the ball our attackers had, it meant United had so little to worry about they could plan overloads to their hearts content.

Notice the difference once both of them were off the park, we had some semblance of a midfield and some attacking ideas. Admittedly United just had a lead to hold on to so their intensity was not the same. But a setup of that type would have done far better than the passive reactive brick we saw tonight.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Winks is so far from being a premier league level talent and Sissoko needs to play alongside someone with basic positional sense. Winks is a defensive liability, always has been. They CANNOT play together.

I wouldn't say we scraped through. The defending has been brick, but they haven't been anywhere near as bad as you make out.

Tonight we have been poor.

We could have given up our 2 league wins the way we saw out both games and going 2 down deservedly in Europe makes things hard - each of those 3 results could have gone the other way without too much of a difference in play is essentially what i am saying, factor in the new manager bounce and i don't think a lot has changed ultimately, the same faults exists now as they did before

Last edited:
Winks is so far from being a premier league level talent and Sissoko needs to play alongside someone with basic positional sense. Winks is a defensive liability, always has been. They CANNOT play together.

Winks is plenty good enough for the Premier League but the rest of your post is spot on.

Winks is plenty good enough for the Premier League but the rest of your post is spot on.

last week it was Dier who wasn’t good enough

It’s always the midfield that costs us goals yet under Mou 90% have come down our right

The one common denominator is a right back that cannot defend the most basic attacks

look at AWB, he offered nothing at all going forward but we offered nothing down his side

He continually lets me down. He doesn't do enough in a creative sense to make up for his lack of presence. I don't want to see him starting for us any more. I don't buy the hype.

Back