• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Everton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I bet his combined tally of assists and goals over the course of his entire spurs career amount to what a real top player bags in 12 - 18 months.

Injuries aside (let’s ignore the huuuuge elephant in the room) his output is awful.
He's got 3 goals and 3 assists in 12 games this season.....
Which, if you're capable of such advanced maths, is a goal or assist every other game. Which in turn is way above what most midfielders deliver.
As reference, Its on par with David Silva, 3 goals 4 assists in 13 games.
But I guess Silva is just another waste of space, I suppose.

Which, if you're capable of such advanced maths, is a goal or assist every other game. Which in turn is way above what most midfielders deliver.
The elephant in the room is can he stay fit to do it over a whole season

What are his stats compared to Silva's over the last 7 seasons? Does Lamela average a goal or assist every other game across his Spurs career? Does he fudge.

EDIT: Also, if you think Lamela is comparable to a player such as Silva in terms of quality and output, then I suggest it's you that struggles with basic comprehension.

Read my post, this season.
Context, I'm sure I don't have to explain what context is, but 4 of our away games have been at three of the toughest grounds against top three teams, including the current PL and CL champions no less, and the other one of the biggest Derby games in world football.
What are you expecting four convincing 3-0 wins?

Mate, you can't just ignore the context of last season.

In isolation your post might make sense, but not when in reality our away form is as bad as it has been in 15 years ...

What are his stats compared to Silva's over the last 7 seasons? Does Lamela average a goal or assist every other game across his Spurs career? Does he fudge.

EDIT: Also, if you think Lamela is comparable to a player such as Silva in terms of quality and output, then I suggest it's you that struggles with basic comprehension.

His stats over his entire Spurs career compares almost like for like to someone like Zaha .. who is mystifyingly is a favorite on this board.

Comparing him to Silva is just silly.

A fit Lamela is a genuinely good player .. unfortunately, a fit Lamela is a unicorn

Err...what team would you pick to start?

Actually think it's easy now

Gazza, Aurier, Sanchez, Toby, Davies, N'dombele, Sissoko, Son, Lo Celso, Lucas, Kane

And before anyone says anything about Lo Celso's fitness, if he's fudging fit enough to go play for his national team, he can put out 70 odd minutes for us.

Not aimed at you specifically but can we just clear something up here, our away results this season haven't been that bad.
Draws away to City and arsenal with narrow losses to Liverpool and Leicester.
We've played three of the traditional top four challengers (includingthe ccurrent European championships) and a tricky away CL tie and only lost two of those games.
Home results are another matter.

New stadium effect.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Gazzaniga
Aurier...Alderweireld... Sanchez...Davies
Sissoko...Ndombele
Son...Lo Celso...Dele
Moura​

Could we see Parrot?

Son always plays well when subbing in for Kane.

Question is whether or not Poch will bring Moira/Lo Celso in to the attack behind him, or of he'll try and keep it right and play on the break and so just bring another cm in

I’ll let you into a little secret.... that’s just a print and he hasn’t actually signed your card. ;)

I know Poch hasn’t the time to actually sign a birthday card for me...he’s gotta think up up 11 new formations and line ups before December comes...

Back