• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Everton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
18 year old kids, with little or no training and crap kit. Hardly battle hardened!

But more so than some cosseted millionaires looking for any excuse to justify phoning in yet another half arsed excuse for a performance.

Shell shocked and coming back with serious mental illnesses. You cannot train footballers to deal with shock.

Shell shocked and coming back with serious mental illnesses. You cannot train footballers to deal with shock.
We’re going off topic a tad. I did place the ‘wink’ to indicate I wasn’t being completely serious but I think you have missed that and taken me 100% at face.

anyway, My point really was that the team are phoning it in. I don’t honestly think many other teams would capitulate every time there’s an injury. That’s twice in weeks now. I think they use it as a crutch to be honest. It’s an easy excuse for them to use as to why they caved in again.

We’re going off topic a tad. I did place the ‘wink’ to indicate I wasn’t being completely serious but I think you have missed that and taken me 400% at face.

anyway, My point really was that the team are phoning it in. I don’t honestly think many other teams would capitulate every time there’s an injury. That’s twice in weeks now. I think they use it as a crutch to be honest. It’s an easy excuse for them to use as to why they caved in again.

I think that today was a pretty extreme. Criticism of the 80 minutes before is fair enough but how people react to shock is something else.

Everton just got on with it though. Showed much more purpose. When we lost Hugo at Brighton we capitulated. Worried about the mental toughness of this team.

They didn't. They looked in shock too, the game was very stuttering after the restart. The goal was very much against the norm up to that point.

. Worried about the mental toughness of this team.

It has very little.
You only have to look at the ‘points dropped’ stats to see that. There's only so many times you can blame debilitating shock - although we’ve lucked out with having it twice already.

I don't have much problem with the red. The challenge in itself might not have been a red but Son was clearly going to foul him because of the elbow. It was indisciplined, it was careless/reckless and it was deliberate. He should feel fudging terrible about it, he was completely at fault in my book.

The challenge in itself was not a red.

The rest is unimportant. He shouldn't feel terrible about it. It was one of those things. No one would challenge for anything by your logic. As every challenge could result in some kind of injury.

There was no intention to injure anybody, and professionals are professionals - in almost every case, no one wants to injure an opponent. Least of all Son, who's one of the nicest guys out there.

It was one of those things, and I think our players, their players, and both coaches recognize that.

It has very little.
You only have to look at the ‘points dropped’ stats to see that. There's only so many times you can blame debilitating shock - although we’ve lucked out with having it twice already.

What was the other one?

Edit: Ah Hugo.

Well they seemed to recover enough composure to equalise. Against Brighton we just folded. The injury is horrible but you still have to be professional.

Up until that point they'd been as bad as us. There is no doubt that the injury took it out of us. We didn't want to be out there after that. I think that it was the same for most of the Everton players too.

The challenge in itself was not a red.

The rest is unimportant. He shouldn't feel terrible about it. It was one of those things. No one would challenge for anything by your logic. As every challenge could result in some kind of injury.

Not quite. Sometimes a foul happens because of a mistimed challenge, sometimes its a trip to break up play. There was malice in Son's challenge - he was motivated by revenge. That's why he should feel awful about it.

I don't buy it. He's reacted and lost his head. To me, he realised who had the ball and decided to chase hard and tackle like that. He never intended to injure him but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he was looking for revenge.

It's fortunate you can read minds. What a skill!

It is not such a bad challenge. Just watch it. Like the ref you are judging Son on the aftermath, not the challenge itself. Son is no Roy Kane. He was tearing around prior to that challenge it wasn't a vendetta. Just a freak occurrence.

Not quite. Sometimes a foul happens because of a mistimed challenge, sometimes its a trip to break up play. There was malice in Son's challenge - he was motivated by revenge. That's why he should feel awful about it.

You think that he was motivated by revenge, you don't know it. It is also possible that he was trying to stop a break during a tight game. Given that the challenge wasn't particularly dirty, how would you tell one from the other?

It's fortunate you can read minds. What a skill!

It is not such a bad challenge. Just watch it. Like the ref you are judging Son on the aftermath, not the challenge itself. Son is no Roy Kane. He was tearing around prior to that challenge.

Like the lads who post "Eriksen doesn't care and isn't trying" to "Poch picks his favourites", I'm making a judgement based on what I saw. You may not agree, fair enough, but no need for comments like that.

I love Poch but starting Eriksen I can just about accept if there are no other options. but keeping him on when he is brick and not removing him even after Son was sent off baffles me tbh.

Back