• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Everton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My positives:

1. N'Dombele was excellent for 60 minutes
2. Dele is growing in confidence
3. Sanchez looks to be over his early season poor form

Agree with all that. Ndombele was strong up to 60 but that appears his Prem limit right now. He will get there.
Davo again doing a fine job on the left of that CB pairing (not his natural)...
Dele’s finish was wonderful.

Let's try not to get too hung up on the VAR decsions. We were dogbrick. Only created 4 chances and two on target all match. Shocking against a rank Everton side.

I took some hope from the RSB and Liverpool games but today was awful. We looked decent in the first two thirds of the pitch but we're GHod awful in the final third. Utter dogbrick.

I don't disagree Steff but for me Son is motivated by the elbow a few minutes before. It's indiscipline for me and although the challenge is not worthy of a red, he put himself in a bad position because he wanted to do Gomes. Very, very poor from him and it's had pretty tragic consequences.

Fair comment mate, but normally I’d be fine with a yellow there if only to show we won’t be bullied.

I'd need to see it again but I thought that it was Aurier who was the one who injured him. I thought that Son clipped him and Aurier came in heavy on a covering tackle.

It’s already been covered by Sky who said his foot got caught in the turf pre Aurier. Nothing on Aurier from what I understand.

Funny how we see the game differently. I thought Sanchez was mostly excellent. Ndombele was not as good as in other games. Plus it wasn't just Eriksen who was awful. Moura, Son Alli (although he gets a pass for getting the goal). I don't understand what has happened to our front players that means they cannot pass, cannot control the ball and their decision making of when to pass or run with the ball has gone to brick.

Son and Aurier looked like they wanted to puke. I don't think that you can expect people to toughen up if it was that bad.
The whole team don’t need to capitulate, every time there’s a hint of a bit of claret on the pitch though do they!

Double down and get the job you’re paid for done.

Then go and puke, cry, hold a candlelight vigil or whatever, in the dressing room afterwards.

The whole team don’t need to capitulate, every time there’s a hint of a bit of claret on the pitch though do they!

Double down and get the job you’re paid for done.

Then go and puke, cry, hold a candlelight vigil or whatever, in the dressing room afterwards.

I'm guessing that it looked fudging horrible. I find it hard to criticise players for being human and being in shock.

I'm guessing that it looked fudging horrible. I find it hard to criticise players for being human and being in shock.
Not saying it didn’t look horrible.

just glad these boys weren’t in the trenches defending the country from the Hun! ;-)

You're right. Players kicking a football around on a Sunday afternoon should be as battle hardened as soldiers during the first world war.
18 year old kids, with little or no training and crap kit. Hardly battle hardened!

But more so than some cosseted millionaires looking for any excuse to justify phoning in yet another half arsed excuse for a performance.

I took some hope from the RSB and Liverpool games but today was awful. We looked decent in the first two thirds of the pitch but we're GHod awful in the final third. Utter dogbrick.
Can't argue with that. I wonder if our problems in the final third are because Eriksen is playing like dogbrick and Kane is missing. The 3 of Moura, Son and Alli are not good at knitting play together but rely on someone else to do it. May be if Lo Celso is not ready we need to play Dier next to Sissoko and move Ndombele into the Eriksen role.

Son was already carrying a yellow. So even a yellow for that clear retaliation and he would have been off. But we need to challenge the straight red.
No he wasn't. The only players who had been booked prior to this, was Walcott, Eriksen and Ndombele.

Back