• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham vs Emirates Marketing Project (3/3) ***

Wednesday night CL tie against each other and this games a 12:3O Saturday kickoff.

I’d still love us to go there again and get a result, but we just might not have a strong enough side with tiredness and injuries.

They can rotate in Sane, Jesus and Mahrez ffs.

I'm sorry, perhaps everyone is caught up in the emotion of last night but are we seriously suggesting we play a weakened team at City? Both the scum and Chelsea have a 'guaranteed' three points which would leave us in 5th. So we can 'rest players for Brighton'? I'm not suggesting we wheel Sissoko on if he's injured but we play our strongest team and give it a proper go. Nicking a point or even a win would go a huge way to getting a CL place next season. And getting battered would wipe out our GD advantage

Someone above has us playing Skipp and Foyth in Centre mid. Away at fudging City!! I admire both those players but come on!!

On a side note, I was dead against Liverpool winning the league until this morning but now think it'd be kind of funny if they pip City to the league, Watford pull off a miracle in the FA Cup and City end up with only the League cup in their 'quadruple' season

Wednesday night CL tie against each other and this games a 12:3O Saturday kickoff.

I’d still love us to go there again and get a result, but we just might not have a strong enough side with tiredness and injuries.

They can rotate in Sane, Jesus and Mahrez ffs.

Honestly if anyone thinks this team is going there Saturday (under Poch) to roll over, I think people will be surprised.

City will be mentally broken (this was their shot at CL, 3 "relatively" easy games all the way through to final and they fudged up), they are under a ton of pressure from Pool and yes they may want revenge, but if they make the mistake of making it open again (not sure they know how to play different) they will expose themselves again.

I'd be ok handing the title to Pool if we could stuff them again (and I hate Pool)

I'm sorry, perhaps everyone is caught up in the emotion of last night but are we seriously suggesting we play a weakened team at City? Both the scum and Chelsea have a 'guaranteed' three points which would leave us in 5th. So we can 'rest players for Brighton'? I'm not suggesting we wheel Sissoko on if he's injured but we play our strongest team and give it a proper go. Nicking a point or even a win would go a huge way to getting a CL place next season. And getting battered would wipe out our GD advantage

Someone above has us playing Skipp and Foyth in Centre mid. Away at fudging City!! I admire both those players but come on!!

On a side note, I was dead against Liverpool winning the league until this morning but now think it'd be kind of funny if they pip City to the league, Watford pull off a miracle in the FA Cup and City end up with only the League cup in their 'quadruple' season

That is 1000000% what we are all suggesting
We had a miracle last night and still lost the game, to think that after that and the state the players were in we can go back and win against an aggrieved city is madness. Llorente was playing LB at points

We need to beat Brighton and West Ham thats the priority, 4/5 wins guarantee's us top 4 - 3/5 gives us a chance.
We now play twice a week for rest of the season, we shouldnt take any risks with players, if there was ever a game to throw its this one, get lamela, winks, dier, aurier back for CL semi and use the same team as last night for next weeks games.

................Gazza
KWP....Foyth....Sanchez....Davies
.......Skipp....Marsh..Bowden...
...........Moura...Roles
...............Parrott

That is 1000000% what we are all suggesting
We had a miracle last night and still lost the game, to think that after that and the state the players were in we can go back and win against an aggrieved city is madness. Llorente was playing LB at points

We need to beat Brighton and West Ham thats the priority, 4/5 wins guarantee's us top 4 - 3/5 gives us a chance.
We now play twice a week for rest of the season, we shouldnt take any risks with players, if there was ever a game to throw its this one, get lamela, winks, dier, aurier back for CL semi and use the same team as last night for next weeks games.

................Gazza
KWP....Foyth....Sanchez....Davies
.......Skipp....Marsh..Bowden...
...........Moura...Roles
...............Parrott

Spoken like a true winner!! I'm assuming you have your tongue at least partly in your cheek - that team could easily get beaten 6 or 7, especially against an 'aggrieved' City

That was me. Who else do we have for CM? Dier, Winks and Sissoko are almost certainly out and Wanyama was lumbering around like an old drunk at the old - I cant see that given his recent injuries he can do two games in 60 hours or so.

Skipp is nailed on to start. Dele will be needed in the no 10 role...I'm not sure what options we have, unless I'm forgetting other CMs in teh squad!

That was me. Who else do we have for CM? Dier, Winks and Sissoko are almost certainly out and Wanyama was lumbering around like an old drunk at the old - I cant see that given his recent injuries he can do two games in 60 hours or so.

Skipp is nailed on to start. Dele will be needed in the no 10 role...I'm not sure what options we have, unless I'm forgetting other CMs in teh squad!

Spoken like a true winner!! I'm assuming you have your tongue at least partly in your cheek - that team could easily get beaten 6 or 7, especially against an 'aggrieved' City

I would expect that team to get beaten 6-7 correct
Sometimes you have to pick your battles, this is one of those times.

Absolutely no point going to city scraping a draw or narrow loss, burning out players and then drawing to Brighton and West Ham.
Plus we dont have much option, we really don't

Eriksen may have to start then. When Moussa went off last night, the obvious sub was Skipp and Poch went for Llorente, I can't see him starting Skipp in this game

I would expect that team to get beaten 6-7 correct
Sometimes you have to pick your battles, this is one of those times.

Absolutely no point going to city scraping a draw or narrow loss, burning out players and then drawing to Brighton and West Ham.
Plus we dont have much option, we really don't

Ok, we'll have to disagree then (I'm not falling out with fellow spurs fans the morning after last night!!)

Let me ask this though. If Aguero had been standing a foot further infield and Sterling's goal stands and we go out, will everyone still be calling to play a second XI on Saturday?

Ok, we'll have to disagree then (I'm not falling out with fellow spurs fans the morning after last night!!)

Let me ask this though. If Aguero had been standing a foot further infield and Sterling's goal stands and we go out, will everyone still be calling to play a second XI on Saturday?

Yes, plus i think its less about choice and more about realism.

Wanyama, Llorente - I just cant see them physically being able to play
So very best case you end up with

.......Lloris
Trippier...Toby....Jan.....Rose
..Eriksen...Skipp....Dele...
.......Moura
..........Son

That team is weaker (personnel and fitness) than a team that got beaten last night. It wont get anything and youre risking injury, so lose the battle to win the war.
It goes against the grain, but it is the sensible thing to do, although i expect poch to go hybrid

.......Lloris
.......Moura
..........Son

That team is weaker (personnel and fitness) than a team that got beaten last night. It wont get anything and youre risking injury, so lose the battle to win the war.
It goes against the grain, but it is the sensible thing to do, although i expect poch to go hybrid

I think that we'll see the fullbacks rotated over the next few games

It's a difficult one. I don't expect Pochettino to throw a game by playing a severely weakened team like some seem to be suggesting.

At the same time we have a tight schedule continuing and several players injured, others seemingly struggling.

I think Pochettino needs to find a balance somehow. I don't think we can risk key players being out for the season if they're struggling or the medical staff think they're in the red zone.

I don't think we can risk going into Brighton, West Ham and Ajax struggling with more injuries and exhaustion.

At the same time we can't throw this game.

Will be interesting to see the team selection Pochettino lands on.

Just hope city don't turn nasty, last thing we need is more injuries.

First thing I thought was that they are going to want pay back - and I dont think they are a team that would do so in a sporting manner.

The first leg they were very physical just for the sake of trying to bully us at home, now - sore losers that they are (get it from the manager) I think revenge will be in order and they will be leaving a lot in their tackles etc.

Expect Delph to be at his best...

.......Lloris
.......Moura
..........Son

There's no way that Davies, Sanchez and probably KWP dont come in on Saturday!

Emirates Marketing Project's 19th Man last night - Fabian Delph
Tottenhams 19th Man last night - Jamie Bowden

We then lost a minimum of 1 player with likelihood of 2 or more not being able to play so soon after.
We CANNOT get anything on saturday, we couldnt win last night

Poch is too honest, see international duty and injured players, but really really hope he just comes out in the press conference, says everyone is exhausted and lots of injury concerns and so it will be a makeshift team
Apologise to the players, tell them the consequences are on him, but they owe him to be professional tuesday

Equally watching scouse lot absolutely combust as we dont bother at weekend will cushion the loss

Emirates Marketing Project's 19th Man last night - Fabian Delph
Tottenhams 19th Man last night - Jamie Bowden

We then lost a minimum of 1 player with likelihood of 2 or more not being able to play so soon after.
We CANNOT get anything on saturday, we couldnt win last night

Poch is too honest, see international duty and injured players, but really really hope he just comes out in the press conference, says everyone is exhausted and lots of injury concerns and so it will be a makeshift team
Apologise to the players, tell them the consequences are on him, but they owe him to be professional tuesday

Equally watching scouse lot absolutely combust as we dont bother at weekend will cushion the loss

Losing games before you play them never plays out well. We are on a good run, sacrificing that run for what might happen makes no sense

I would argue City cannot play better than they did offensively yesterday and they still "lost" I also don't think they have the pain/commitment we have (lets be real, those players are there for a paycheck, not for the club).

Hard game = absolutely, unwinnable = no

Back