• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*OMT* - Tottenham vs. Burnley - FA Cup

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png
170px-FA_Cup_logo_%282014%29.jpg
150px-Burnley_FC_badge_2010.gif

Here we go. The first OMT of the season for myself. And it comes for one of our most important games. We all love seeing Spurs lift trophies, the longer we are in the competition the better we are of winning it. This is a game we should be winning and I hope we see an experienced team for this one mixed in with some youth.

I'd go with Vorm in goal. I like seeing Vorm get games in the cups, he's a solid goalkeeper and why not? Lloris can enjoy his feet up from all the hard work he's been doing this season.

Chiriches at right back for this one. He's the less attacking of our choices and I think he links up well with Lennon and suits Lennon more than any of our other options. I'd have Fazio and Vertonghen at centre half, the more the two get games the better. I'd also go with Davies at left back, also less of an attacking threat then our other left back but after his shambolic defending against Burnley last week, he can try and make up for it.

Infront of them, I'd go with Stambouli and instruct him to sit. He was good against Palace before deciding to slide in the box. That'll cloud his solid performance but give him this start so he can look to make up for it, I'd like a disciplined performance from him like we saw in the second half against Man Utd. In front of him I'd go with Harry Winks and Joshua Onomah. Two academy players who look to play football in the right way, two of which have been in match day squads, one of them actually getting minutes in the Europa League. Winks to provide some guile whilst Onomah runs the game Pogba style.

I'd have Lennon on the right, provide some width and pace and I'd have Townsend on the other side. Give both Eriksen and Chadli a rest they deserve. Get these two to run at the full backs all game and just whip balls into the box. They both can be a threat on their day. This is a big game for both to show their worth as theyre likely to be here for too long. I'd go with Soldado up top. Adebayor won't show up for games like this, too much juju. And Kane needs a GHod damn rest.

Vorm
Chiriches - Fazio - Vertonghen - Davies
Stambouli
Lennon - Onomah - Winks - Townsend
Soldado​

2-0
Townsend and Soldado penalty.

I would love to see your lineup but maybe one veteran alongside either Winks or Onomah. Shame as this game isn't going to be televised again by the looks of it.

In USA they are showing Southampton v Ipswich replay over ours what a sham!

There are no goals in the XI posted in the OP.

At least one of Eriksen/Chadli or Kane has to play, or we have no goal threat. Much as I hate to do it, I'd pick Soldado and play Kane off of him in a strike pair. Townsend on the left, Lennon on the right.

-----------------lloris
chiriches----fazio-----vert-----davies
lennon---stambouli---dembele---townsend
---------------soldado----kane

4 changes from the weekend, give eriksen and chadli a rest.

*edit* 3-1 kane hat-trick!

Last edited:
------------Vorm

Yedlin---Dier--Chiriches---Davies

------Stambouli--Winks

-Townsend--Onomah--Oduwa

-----------Soldado

------------Vorm

Yedlin---Dier--Chiriches---Davies

------Stambouli--Winks

-Townsend--Onomah--Oduwa

-----------Soldado

What type of player is Oduwa? Is he also quite tall and gangly, or is that Akindiyani? - maybe we'll see Ceballos?

Thats why you have a big squad which we do

The day I want us to go out of a major cup competition purely to give us less games is the day I don't want to support Spurs anymore

If we actually put out a reserve side it would be okay, but we'll continue to run key players into the ground (even more) if we stay in it.

What type of player is Oduwa? Is he also quite tall and gangly, or is that Akindiyani? - maybe we'll see Ceballos?

Don't know really - I've only seen him play 45 minutes. I did see him score this beauty though: http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/s...-cheeky-chip-in-ledley-kings-testimonial-gif/

We would benefit more from having less games.

We've got the biggest squad in the league (35 registered senior players). We need to use the squad to compete on all 4 fronts

Don't know really - I've only seen him play 45 minutes. I did see him score this beauty though: http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/s...-cheeky-chip-in-ledley-kings-testimonial-gif/

We've got the biggest squad in the league (35 registered senior players). We need to use the squad to compete on all 4 fronts

-------------- Vorm
Naughton Chiriches Kaboul Davies
------- Stambouli Dembele
Lennon ----- Paulinho ----- Townsend
------------ Soldado

Subs: Archer, Dier, Ball, Onomah, Ceballos, Winks, Yedlin

Lloris, Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli and Kane (our first XI) aren't brought in before the semis.

That's not going to happen though.

THIS. More games is better for us to give game time to second string and maybe on some occasions one or two players might improve their form (Soldado, Paulihno, Townsend, etc.) Also maybe another youngster will get w chance.

If there's anyone who isn't good enough to play in a replay vs Burnley then they shouldn't even be on our payroll.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

THIS. More games is better for us to give game time to second string and maybe on some occasions one or two players might improve their form (Soldado, Paulihno, Townsend, etc.) Also maybe another youngster will get w chance.

If there's anyone who isn't good enough to play in a replay vs Burnley then they shouldn't even be on our payroll.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

That's about a dozen or so players already, but we're stuck with them.

Back