• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham versus Brighton

Much better today from the players, especially Dembele, Dier and Kane.

Very pleasing to see the performances from these three on the back of all the minutes they have had lately. Wouldn't have expected these displays for that very reason, so hopefully a really positive sign on their general fitness.

I had doubts about Gazza but he looked assured today and is clearly comfortable with his feet. Danny Rose was also outstanding showing his usual pace, tenacity and dynamism.

Glad Lamela came on for Son, as that was so clearly the sub to be made at that point. He's playing so well atm and Son looks like he needs a rest, but then again so did Dier prior to today.

Watford was very poor with the players stuck in gear 2 for most of the game, coupled with Watford playing their best 15 mins of football in their history. Liverpool was completely undermined by countless catastrophic errors and Inter whilst not the best display, was spoiled by our prolifigcy at 0-1.

Whilst today was far from perfect, there were clear signs of improvement. I was vocal of the players shortcomings of late but some questioned the actual ability of some of our players which is ridiculous imo and they should feel thoroughly ashamed of themselves for doing so.

Rest everyone on Wednesday and hopefully Wanyama is ready for a start.

I thought that was much improved from us. And probably the best game of the season. We are getting there.

Also glad to see Kane improving too - I’ve never believed the idea that he ‘needs a rest’ because he starts the same way every season, and every time people think he’s tired. He actually needs minutes, and before long he’ll be on a run.

More touches than anyone else on the pitch, more passes than anyone else on the pitch, third highest pass completion at 94%.

Runs the game is what he does.
Watched the game with my dad, who is just a football fan, not attached to any particular team, and doesn't watch PL unless he is at my placemHis words were : "That Dier, didn't he used to be quite good? His passing is very risky and he looks like he'll make a massive error any moment."
His passing stats may have been good today, but my word, some of them were horrific! He had several incredibly risky passes, that could easily have resulted in 2 vs 1 situations.
I want Wanyama there instead.

Watched the game with my dad, who is just a football fan, not attached to any particular team, and doesn't watch PL unless he is at my placemHis words were : "That Dier, didn't he used to be quite good? His passing is very risky and he looks like he'll make a massive error any moment."
His passing stats may have been good today, but my word, some of them were horrific! He had several incredibly risky passes, that could easily have resulted in 2 vs 1 situations.
"Looks like he'll make a massive error" is just "Hasn't made a massive error" phrased differently.

Last edited:
Made a couple of howlers but overall I felt he was better today than he has been for a while. He produced a couple of superb long diagonal balls out to Son and Moura in the first half and it was he who launched the move for our second goal with an inch-perfect forward pass through the middle to put Lamela on his way. Overall his energy and involvement seemed much improved.

As to Wanyama, he will take time to settle back in if only because he has had so little game time so far this season. But he had some very mixed performances towards the end of last season and is likely still some way off being the player he was a couple of seasons back. Needs to be eased back in gradually imo.

Frustrated with Kane, many wrong decisions despite scoring the penalty. Hopefully rest will help but why won't Pochettino give him more?

Gazzaniga looks better than Vorm, lamela just wow.

Moura what a live wire, we should build our attack play around him not Kane.

What happened to our defense?

Surprised Brighton could get so many shots in, am I underestimating them or are we making it hard for ourselves?

Sent from my SM-N960F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

You should have answered your old man with ''oh yeah he's a still a very good player, but don't forget he's still only 24 and is just having a little dip in form atm. And due to Wanyama's injury troubles, he has to play nearly every minute of every game, which isn't ideal. But I back him 400% to consistently reach his best again, so don't listen to bellends like paul merson and adrian durham. I love Eric Dier and Eric Dier loves me''.

None of the experts who believe there is a crisis at Spurs have noticed we have played 3 teams in top 6 (in form) where everyone else except Watford have played teams hoping to avoid the drop or finishing mid table. Never let facts get in the way of a chance to rubbish us will they. We aren't playing well but we are staying in touch.

Back