• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspurs vs Little bird

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last couple of games have shown we need a striker.

We look so disjointed in the final third. As for Eriksen he needs to leave.
To play devils advocate....a new striker might solve nothing.

If a cars engine is f.cked and has four flat tyres, you can replace the engine but the car is still not going to run along smoothly..

We thought we were doomed when Kane had injuries before but we were more than ok. Probably because the tyres were fully pumped and and we rolled along freely.

How many teams have had a decent forward who you feel sorry for as the support staff ain't doing it?

Of course if we're looking to ( GHod forbid) pump it to a big man ....then yes we do

Well i must have been watching a different game then some on here, i actually thought there was a lot of things to be positive about last night. We seem to be moving the ball a lot quicker and not just passing it side to side as much. Lo Celso was really good and he will get better the more he plays in our team, Winks was beginning to find some form and i hope the injury does not set him back again ' (as he seems to take a while to get back to full fitness).

Aurier showed once again that when he has his mind right he offers us a lot going forward, Moura works so hard for the team but is not a CF and struggles in that position. Son is still struggling ( but he has had spells like this ever since he came here). Sess struggled but he is still a kid and i am sure he will get better with more games and into a settled side.

Overall we got the result WE DESERVED , still a lot of work for Jose to do but as i said we seem to be moving the ball quicker and that is a good sign.

MOM= Lo Celso followed by Aurier.

Well i must have been watching a different game then some on here, i actually thought there was a lot of things to be positive about last night.
Overall we got the result WE DESERVED , still a lot of work for Jose to do but as i said we seem to be moving the ball quicker and that is a good sign.

I guess the mood you're in when watching the game probably plays a part in one's assessment. It also has to be said that I haven't been watching any Premier League games this season, except for Spurs matches. Then again, I expected a more dominant performance against a side struggling against relegation. I'd say the difference was that Norwich made more direct mistakes, particularly in defense, but they also looked more dangerous going forward. Not saying I'm right though and I understand where you're coming from but I'm not as optimistic as I was after the final 20mn against Liverpool or the win vs Middlesbrough.

I guess the mood you're in when watching the game probably plays a part in one's assessment. It also has to be said that I haven't been watching any Premier League games this season, except for Spurs matches. Then again, I expected a more dominant performance against a side struggling against relegation. I'd say the difference was that Norwich made more direct mistakes, particularly in defense, but they also looked more dangerous going forward. Not saying I'm right though and I understand where you're coming from but I'm not as optimistic as I was after the final 20mn against Liverpool or the win vs Middlesbrough.

Fair points but i tend to judge what i see not on my mood but on how the games go, Norwich are not a bad side in all honesty ( i except that is a daft thing to say seeing as they are bottom) but they play good football and have some talented players, where they go wrong ( imo) is that they over play and get caught out because of it.

We are nowhere near the finished product but i see signs that are promising, we are now playing ( moving the ball) at a faster pace then we did under Poch ( and we got caught out so often because we were easy to read). Our new players ( especially Lo Celso) are settling into the team and the likes of Sess and Ndombele will improve us, Tanga has shown a lot of promise and looks to be a star in the making.

I am not getting carried away because we still have a way to go but i see a glimmer of light '( even if it is only a little one ;)).

Norwich looked like a team that know their system and strategy
Their weaknesses were clear but they stick to their guns.
We looked lost IMO and needed some moments of intervention

Well i must have been watching a different game then some on here, i actually thought there was a lot of things to be positive about last night. We seem to be moving the ball a lot quicker and not just passing it side to side as much. Lo Celso was really good and he will get better the more he plays in our team, Winks was beginning to find some form and i hope the injury does not set him back again ' (as he seems to take a while to get back to full fitness).

Aurier showed once again that when he has his mind right he offers us a lot going forward, Moura works so hard for the team but is not a CF and struggles in that position. Son is still struggling ( but he has had spells like this ever since he came here). Sess struggled but he is still a kid and i am sure he will get better with more games and into a settled side.

MOM= Lo Celso followed by Aurier.
At times we did move the ball faster, but it's getting on my nerves that except Lo Celso, everyone else insists on pinging the ball to feet, instead of playing into space. We saw it several times that players could not control the ball. Had it been played in front, it would be much easier to control it, and you get past the defender without even taking him on! We had so many opportunities to do that, but only Lo Celso did it.

I was pleased with the win, that was such a lightweight team, only 2 out and out defenders and no physicality up front or in midfield. With the low confidence in many of the players and others struggling with form it was a very important 3 points. I was surprised by the crowd as stadium looked empty 30 mins before kick off and it was easy to get a drink.

At times we did move the ball faster, but it's getting on my nerves that except Lo Celso, everyone else insists on pinging the ball to feet, instead of playing into space. We saw it several times that players could not control the ball. Had it been played in front, it would be much easier to control it, and you get past the defender without even taking him on! We had so many opportunities to do that, but only Lo Celso did it.

Fair point and i do not disagree, i think one of the players main problems is that they have been on such a bad run their confidence is at rock bottom and they do not fully trust themselves. I know some will say that should not effect them but it does, i think/hope that once we get all players back and fit things will start to improve and players will start to express themselves more.

Football is no real different then most things in life, if we feel good, confident and sure of ourselves we perform better. We ( Jose) still have a lot of work to do but their are signs that we are improving as a unit.

To play devils advocate....a new striker might solve nothing.

If a cars engine is f.cked and has four flat tyres, you can replace the engine but the car is still not going to run along smoothly..

We thought we were doomed when Kane had injuries before but we were more than ok. Probably because the tyres were fully pumped and and we rolled along freely.

How many teams have had a decent forward who you feel sorry for as the support staff ain't doing it?

Of course if we're looking to ( GHod forbid) pump it to a big man ....then yes we do

Sadly looks like our tyres are punctured.

We have been poor. Jose has not changed that. Yes I do feel we will pump it long and I don’t want to see that.

We are a mess at the minute.Yes we won last night but it was not good. We cough up to many chances and don’t create loads ourselves.

I don’t know what the fix is but it’s not Son or Moura up top. IMO

Ah, here we are sir. Your lemon slices with salt. There's bottles of vinegar and pi55 over on the sideboard and straws if you prefer to drink straight from them.

6b46c4e259507f430eb206773092a3ae.jpg

I thought Aurier gave another MoTM for us last night. Handled Cantwell, who I think is Norwich's best player, very well and caused all sorts of problems for Norwich with his attacking. Got another assist and could easily have had two or three. Also on a number of occasions he got into great positions with the ball only to look up and see nobody bothering to the make the run to get themselves in the box.

Lo Celso was also excellent. Winning the ball and pretty much always moving it forwards. It is really promising that he is adapting to football in the PL so quickly.

I thought Dele also had a good game. As is going to be the case with Dele, not everything will come off, but he provided several moments of quality, did more than his share when we were out of possession and was the only one of our players who was actually trying to get himself in the box to get on the end of things.

I thought that Winks and Sessegnon were also fine. Sessegnon's tackle for the penalty was stupid, but I thought he handled himself well otherwise. I also lost count of the times when he had got into a great position looking for the ball in between the centre half and full back that he could've been on the end of in on goal only for our players not to deliver it. I don't know what's going on there at all? Alderweireld was also decent enough and I have no complaints about Lloris. I'm also encouraged by Gedson, it looked like he was positionally perfect in a screening role and could be a decent answer for that massive hole in our team.

The rest of them I thought were a 5 out of 10 or worse. Jan looks to have lost 3 yards of pace that he barely had in the first place. Lamela I thought was absolute turd, has to be one of the most embarrassingly one footed players I have ever seen. I saw numerous occasions when an easy right foot pass was on that would've put us in a good attacking position but he has to instead turn 270 degrees to get it on his left foot. He charges around the pitch sliding into stupid tackles and achieving nothing. Son and Moura I thought were wasteful in possession. Dier came on and committed 3 potential yellow card 'tackles' in about 15 minutes, I use the term tackles very loosely here, although I don't think he is purposely committing fouls, he is just now so slow that he is always late to the ball. Saying that we did look a bit more solid in defence when Dier dropped back to replace Vertonghen in defence, although I don't know if that was more because he himself had been replaced in deep midfield by Gedson? Eriksen is fine on the ball, but his priority now even more than ever is avoiding injury and not scuppering his impending move.

IMO we desperately need a centre forward this month and could also do with an Eriksen replacement. The little bit that I have seen so far suggests to me that our desperate need for a defensive midfield player might be solved with Gedson.

Agree with most everything. Aurier is certainly in a good vein of form and appears to be focussed finally. A bit harsh on Dier IMO, but we’ve discussed in the past how sometimes a certain player becomes harder to be objective about (I have them too, I think you know hahahahaha) but again, two positions after he came on.

I think Lucas worries me the most of our attacking players as he has simply run out of the idea he has that works. Sonny was average at best but kept on going. These are drudgy days compared to the past few years for sure.

Agree with most everything. Aurier is certainly in a good vein of form and appears to be focussed finally. A bit harsh on Dier IMO, but we’ve discussed in the past how sometimes a certain player becomes harder to be objective about (I have them too, I think you know hahahahaha) but again, two positions after he came on.

I think Lucas worries me the most of our attacking players as he has simply run out of the idea he has that works. Sonny was average at best but kept on going. These are drudgy days compared to the past few years for sure.
IMO Dier was really poor in the first position but then fine in the second position (we looked better with him there than Jan). I think Lucas needs to play wide right as opposed to up top, our lack of striker at the moment is really hurting us. Is there another team in the whole PL who only have one striker?

And decent days compared to the last year we've had in the PL...

We'll get better again. I'm an almost eternal optimist so my opinion counts for nothing, but I have a sneaky feeling things will look a lot better come the end of the season.

It’s impossible to have some stability in the side when there are so many games, injuries etc So we don’t look settled. Our movement is not as coordinated and Mourinhos system not refined. That’s why we look disjointed - a little shakey at the back and lacking some clinical passes up front.

The more the likes of Sessegnon, LeCelco, Aurier settle and Mourinho can refine a stable side...that’s when we’ll look joined up. Right now we’re just determined to get results and we did yesterday. After a busy Xmas that’s understandable.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I thought that Winks and Sessegnon were also fine. Sessegnon's tackle for the penalty was stupid, but I thought he handled himself well otherwise. I also lost count of the times when he had got into a great position looking for the ball in between the centre half and full back that he could've been on the end of in on goal only for our players not to deliver it. I don't know what's going on there at all? Alderweireld was also decent enough and I have no complaints about Lloris. I'm also encouraged by Gedson, it looked like he was positionally perfect in a screening role and could be a decent answer for that massive hole in our team.
My thoughts too for quite a few games, not just this one. If he passes to Son, there is no way he is getting the ball back, unless Son runs down a blind alley, and even then it's a toss-up. Definitely weird.

Also, with hindsight, I'm beginning to wonder whether Mourinho was the right choice for us. His sides tend to be 8-9 huffers and puffers with a couple of players who have the ability to turn a game around. Right now, I'm not sure we have such players and I very much doubt we'd be ready to spend the kind of money necessary to get them. In any case, that didn't make up for a very entertaining experience, despite the win...

The timing wasn't that great. Had Napoli fired Ancelotti a little earlier, it could have been him instead of Moaninho. In any case, let's see what MouMou can do next year. This year is a bit of a write-off.

This is a badly-needed win for us ! It is great to get our first league win in 5 matches and the first of this new year and decade ! The performance was not really convincing but we managed to get the win. We started well and should have scored more than 1 goal in the first half. But we failed to make use of our chance and were duly punished when Norwich scored the equalizer in the second half. Fortunately for us, we managed to get the winner just when it looked like we would drop valuable points.

Credit to Alli and Son for the goals. But we really should have scored more goals. We dominated the first half but had many chances to score but our attack were toothless. In fact, apart from our goals, our attack had a poor game. Alli had a mediocre match but did well to score and create our second goal via deflection. Son had a poor game and wasted many chances but at least he managed to get our second goal. Moura didn't have any impact in the game. Lamela worked hard but didn't have his usual impact. But felt it was a mistake to replace Lamela so early in the second half as we conceded the goal after he went off. Not sure why we brought on Eriksen as he didn't make any impact.

Our midfield played well in patches but we failed to control the game. Lo Celso played well but he should improve his finishing. I think we need more goals from our midfield. Winks worked hard but made too many mistakes as well. Dier had another error-prone match after replacing Winks. Fernandes didn't have much time to make an impact after coming on late in the match.

Our defence had a decent match but failed to keep the clean sheet yet again. It was a soft penalty to concede by Sessegnon, There was minimum contact by Sessegnon but he was really naive to tackle like that. Good to see Lloris returning after his injury problems but he didn't have much to do apart from the penalty. We also rode our luck as Norwich had a few other chances which they failed to make use of.

So, we got our first win of the new year. But we do really need to improve our performance. Let's hope we will be boosted by this win to go on a long winning run to get back into the top 4 race.

Back